Kenny Miller's Gers future hangs in the balance as he rejects reduced contract

Ace

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be gutted to loose him, especially if he is happy to sign again on the same contract he has just now. Miller is playing the best football of his career and is by far the best striker in Scotland at the moment.

750k couldn't buy us a new Miller and I would rather have not signed Beattie if it meant that we would loose Miller who imo is a better player.

Miller has every right to knock back the deal, there is no way he should be earning less money when he has improved us a player since coming back to us.

We must keep Miller, him and Jelavic are the best pairing of strikers we have. I don't get why we spent £1.5m on Beattie, who i don't mind tbh, whilst giving Beattie a decent wage when we aren't giving the players who are already with us contracts. After Jelavic signed we don't really 'need' Beattie tbh. In my opinion Miller & Jelavic is the best partnership and we've ot Naismith, Lafferty & Velicka who could cover in case of injuries or suspensions.

We should've sorted out Miller's contract before attempting to sign Beattie and then waited for the Jelavic deal to go through and then see our options and assessed whether we needed Beattie or another midfielder and personally i'd rather have seen us go for a winger instead of going after Beattie.

We must keep Miller, him and Jelavic are the best pairing of strikers we have. I don't get why we spent £1.5m on Beattie, who i don't mind tbh, whilst giving Beattie a decent wage when we aren't giving the players who are already with us contracts. After Jelavic signed we don't really 'need' Beattie tbh. In my opinion Miller & Jelavic is the best partnership and we've ot Naismith, Lafferty & Velicka who could cover in case of injuries or suspensions.

We should've sorted out Miller's contract before attempting to sign Beattie and then waited for the Jelavic deal to go through and then see our options and assessed whether we needed Beattie or another midfielder and personally i'd rather have seen us go for a winger instead of going after Beattie.

how do you know that? Jelavic hasn't kicked a ball yet

Okay, 'potential' partnership then although you think we're gonna pay £4m for a striker, pay him £20k a week and then not play him? Miller's been given the no.9 jersey therefore i think it's pretty much definite which preferred strike force Walter's gonna go with...

it's not as easy as just selling someone to get the money though surely. If he's on more than our supposed 15k limit then he'll have to go really, he's good and important for us but not worth breaking our wage structure for if he's going to be 32 or 33 by the end of the contract.

it's not as easy as just selling someone to get the money though surely. If he's on more than our supposed 15k limit then he'll have to go really, he's good and important for us but not worth breaking our wage structure for if he's going to be 32 or 33 by the end of the contract.

This (tu)

Best bet is to keep him for the season as we won't get a decent fee anyway.