Kenny Miller's Gers future hangs in the balance as he rejects reduced contract

Ace

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Miller has improved all the time he has been with us ergo improved contract is deserved

Definitely agree. I was sceptical when he first signed, but I have to say we really need Kenny Miller and he's definitely worth the same or improved wages!

I don't agree with a player now in their 30s been given an increased salary unless they are someone who is truly exceptional and has always remained fit.

In Miller's case, if there is any truth that he is being asked to take a pay cut then that I disagree with, being on the same terms as he currently is should be the most that we do, as I believe we can afford it, irrespective of what the paper says.

I would never offer him an improved contract due to his hamstring problems and recent shin splints etc.

Of course he is

We got him from the Premiership and if he wasnt on big money we wouldnt be asking him to take a pay cut

I think it will be somewhere between 18k-24k

So what your trying to say is Miller is the highest paid player at rangers?

Where he came from, has nothing to do with how much money hes on.

Kenny miller is not on anything like 20kp/w baasic wage (tu)

So what your trying to say is Miller is the highest paid player at rangers?

Where he came from, has nothing to do with how much money hes on.

Kenny miller is not on anything like 20kp/w baasic wage (tu)

He'll certainly be in the top 2 or 3

How does where he came from not matter? He was on 30k a week at Derby, how much of that do you think he realistically cut to come up here?

Not worried about this, I'll save that for when I see him going to other clubs for signing talks.

Clubs offer new deals all the time which are rejected, it's in our best interest to pay players as little as possible, it's in Miller's to get a wage he feels he has earned. I reckon this will all get sorted though, it's not as if he doesn't want to be here.

I don't agree with a player now in their 30s been given an increased salary unless they are someone who is truly exceptional and has always remained fit.

In Miller's case, if there is any truth that he is being asked to take a pay cut then that I disagree with, being on the same terms as he currently is should be the most that we do, as I believe we can afford it, irrespective of what the paper says.

I would never offer him an improved contract due to his hamstring problems and recent shin splints etc.

I agree, I dont see how we cant afford it when thats what were paying him atm. If we could'nt afford it then Kenny wouldn't be getting paid. The media will try to get us to believe this pish tho. If it is true, IMO this is just rangers trying to be tight bastards, I hope it does'nt come back to bite us.

Mendes was reportedly on around 25k

Plus if you are paying 2 players 25k= 50k, you sell one and you are only paying 25k now, wheres the pressure to sell the other 1?

My guess would be Miller is on 20-22k, and Rangers want him down about 18k

Where did you read 23k? Ive only ever read 15k

I actually did read that Scott, can't remember where.

Jelavic is a 24 year old international striker bursting with potential, Miller is coming into his last three or four years. I can understand that sort of deal being struck.

People keep looking at what we've spent on Jelavic and saying 'we're clearly not skint', but perhaps we need to tighten the purse strings again following such an outlay on one player?

I wish people would stop using the logic that beacuse we spent 4 million for Jelavic we can afford to give players whatever they want to sign/resign on.

The wage cap is there for a reason. No exceptions, no excuses. It's one of the main reasons we have been turning a profit the past couple of years.

We can't start making little exceptions here and there or else we will end up back in the shit.

Give Miller the maximum we can, basic - have a good bonus structure and maybe give him an extra year for security to compensate for the drop in wages. If he doesn't accept that, then fine. I won't be happy about it but we will have done what we can.

If the reported figues are correct and Miller goes, we gain about 750 grand plus his wages. Can we replace him for that ?

If Rangers want to be tight, write a contract that reduces payments when he's injured.

Other than that, get him signed. We're in the CL FFS, we need him.