Nikica Jelavic work permit

papaguy51

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

The inital one is immediately rejected as he doesn't meet the international requirements etc.

This is when it goes to a tim-panel.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No they didn't. And if I recall it was intially denied for Mizuno until a plea was made by Strachan to the board pronouncing him with as much skill and potential as Nakamura. :BELM:

11 games he played...

potentual as knackered motor?! diving?

The inital one is immediately rejected as he doesn't meet the international requirements etc.

This is when it goes to a tim-panel.

Shock horror.... if the tim panel say no, then can we make an official complaint to the SFA about the panel for bias? if koki can get one, jelavic can too!

Given how long this saga has dragged on, I'd be astounded if the WP application wasn't more or less teed up ages ago.

If there's been a delay on the the Club / its lawyers part then serious questions need to be asked. Saying that, I really don't believe anyone at our end would have been allowed to fuck this up. I would expect Bain / Smith etc. to have been all over those responsible for making the application like a rash!

No they didn't. And if I recall it was intially denied for Mizuno until a plea was made by Strachan to the board pronouncing him with as much skill and potential as Nakamura. :BELM:

11 games he played...

billy mcbungle who sat on the panel declared in the sun mizumo was one of the best young players in the world. if the t*rriers wanted a pub player from outer mongolia messrs nevin, mcneil, and mccormack would make sure it went through pronto

billy mcbungle who sat on the panel declared in the sun mizumo was one of the best young players in the world. if the t*rriers wanted a pub player from outer mongolia messrs nevin, mcneil, and mccormack would make sure it went through pronto

Billy McNeil did NOT sit on the appeals panel.

It was Pat Nevin,Gerry Collins and Peter McCormack.

The STV report seems much more believable, the Herald just posting shite as usual, which is why I never spend money on it. Doesn't seem any reason why it won't be done and dusted by 5pm Friday so he has at least a chance of playing some part against St Johnstone.

It would be nice to get everything sorted out for him to play against St Johnstone but if it does not go through in time then we should have more than enough fire power to get past St Johnstone.

I just want him to get a work permit so he is officially 100% a Rangers player. And there is also not a chance that he won't get one, it is a case of when he gets one and not if he gets one.

Unless of course we're stalling on the deal to see if he ends up cup tied or not...........

:ph34r:

tbh even if he was, i still want him in the squad - IF we make it in to the final 16 he would be elegable (I think?) for the game, and he would also do well in the SPL and 2 cups.

Unless of course we're stalling on the deal to see if he ends up cup tied or not...........

:ph34r:

No chance,papaguy. Even if he's cup-tied, he will be playing for us ASAP. (tu)

He is an integral part of our plans beyond this seasons CL.

Rangers have asked the Scottish Football Association to convene an appeals panel to hear their case for a work permit to be given to Nikica Jelavic. The Croatian striker agreed to move to the SPL champions last Friday but his first application was automatically rejected, on account of him not having played 75 per cent of Croatia’s competitive games in the last two years.

STV Sport has learned the panel, which will consist of three independent experts from within the game, as well as officials from the SFA, SPL and SPFA, will meet on Thursday to decide whether the £4.1 million signing from Rapid Vienna merits a work permit.

Despite falling short of the initial regulations, Jelavic is expected to have no problems in obtaining the necessary paperwork, given the value of the player and his growing reputation as an essential part of his national team.

If the panel hears in his favour, Jelavic must finalise his visa in Croatia, where he is currently, before returning to Glasgow after receiving Home Office clearance. Rangers will then have until 5pm on Friday to register the striker to play in their SPL home game with St Johnstone on Saturday.

Experts who have sat on the work permit decision panel previously include former player-turned-pundit Pat Nevin, one-time Motherwell boss Willie McLean – brother of Tommy and Jim – and former Hibernian and Liverpool midfielder Peter Cormack.

Jelavic has played just one of Croatia’s 10 competitive games in the last two years but is a popular choice with manager Slaven Bilic, who has tipped him to become his team’s leading marksman in the near future.