Lafferty or Miller ? Who would you keep ?

BLUEDIGNITY

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lafferty has been shite for us, I dont mind him and will give him a chance since he is still young, but surely, losing Miller right now would be much worse for us than losing Lafferty ???

Am I missing something?

Miller, great season last year and gd start to this year, probably scotlands best striker

Lafferty, had a few good games at the end of last season, apart from that has been total mince

lafferty has been shite for us, I dont mind him and will give him a chance since he is still young, but surely, losing Miller right now would be much worse for us than losing Lafferty ???

Am I missing something?

Miller, great season last year and gd start to this year, probably scotlands best striker

Lafferty, had a few good games at the end of last season, apart from that has been total mince

The main problem were his performances during the 2006/7 season.

The main problem were his performances during the 2006/7 season.

ffs he was not even a rangers player then! He has been a gers player since 2008, scoring 32 important goals. Who gives 2 hairy shites if he played for celtic - guarantee, if ANY of you were offered £25k per week to play for them, you would (unless the same was offered elsewhere, but in this senario, no other offers are on the table and you are on a bossman). No way would you say no to £1.3m per year. Being a pro football player, does not give you the same luxury as a fan, ie you need to put food on the table for your family, and be it a team you hate as a fan, as a professional, you are tehre to do a job, and that is what you will do. Tell me - how many of you hate doing the work you do today? bet quite alot of you.

ffs he was not even a rangers player then! He has been a gers player since 2008, scoring 32 important goals. Who gives 2 hairy shites if he played for celtic - guarantee, if ANY of you were offered £25k per week to play for them, you would (unless the same was offered elsewhere, but in this senario, no other offers are on the table and you are on a bossman). No way would you say no to £1.3m per year. Being a pro football player, does not give you the same luxury as a fan, ie you need to put food on the table for your family, and be it a team you hate as a fan, as a professional, you are tehre to do a job, and that is what you will do. Tell me - how many of you hate doing the work you do today? bet quite alot of you.

Yes, I know he wasn't at the club; my comment was a little sarcastic (I have read your signature, no problem). The problem with his performances during that season was the fact he was wearing a Celtic shirt during every one of them ;)

Also, we do not know what options were open to him at the time that he decided to go there, it may have been the only, he may have had many. As far as wages go, It is all relative. Yes, you make a decent point about need to put food on the table but for me, in the same circumstances, given the choice of 1.3 million and playing for them, or "only" 1 million and not playing for them, I feel quite sure I would try my very hardest to make ends meet with "only" 1 million a year, despite a 300,000 pound pay decrease.

Apart from his lack of basic goal scoring ability, passing, control, positioning sense, his serious lack of respect for his team mates, his fans, and the desire to cheat against fellow professionals, Lafferty is the epitome of what is 'Rangers Class'.

Sure, Miller can play and score against anyone in the World, at both International level and domestic, and will always run himself into the ground, unselfishly doing the work for others, but can we say he is 'Rangers Class' like our boy Kyle?

I would say no and i don't give a toss if folk think I'd change my mind in that situation,i have principles and i stand by them.

He had other offers

Miller, who has scored four goals for Scotland this season, said: "I was fortunate enough to have options.

"But, when Celtic made their interest known, this was where I wanted to play. It's a tremendous honour."

Miller, who has also played for Hibernian, had rejected a new contract at Molineux.

Rangers had been linked with bringing the player back to Ibrox and there was also interest from Italian clubs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/4614740.stm

Bu hey lets not slag wee Kenny for being a mercenary.

Yes, I know he wasn't at the club; my comment was a little sarcastic (I have read your signature, no problem). The problem with his performances during that season was the fact he was wearing a Celtic shirt during every one of them ;)

Also, we do not know what options were open to him at the time that he decided to go there, it may have been the only, he may have had many. As far as wages go, It is all relative. Yes, you make a decent point about need to put food on the table but for me, in the same circumstances, given the choice of 1.3 million and playing for them, or "only" 1 million and not playing for them, I feel quite sure I would try my very hardest to make ends meet with "only" 1 million a year, despite a 300,000 pound pay decrease.

If it was between £1.3m and £1m per year, i think every gers fan would choose the £1m option, but if it was between nothing and £1.3m..... (sorry for jumping to the conclusion too :blush: )

and bombaybadboy - i was not aware he had those options, but how viable were they? east fife, stranrar and ross county are "other options" but not viable ones... (using those as an example)

If it was between £1.3m and £1m per year, i think every gers fan would choose the £1m option, but if it was between nothing and £1.3m..... (sorry for jumping to the conclusion too :blush: )

and bombaybadboy - i was not aware he had those options, but how viable were they? east fife, stranrar and ross county are "other options" but not viable ones... (using those as an example)

:lol: I'm glad you put that in brackets,he rejected Wolves offer of a new contract and from what i can remember at the time i believe we were in for him as well,There are numerous articles stating we were in for him but unfortunately none saying he rejected us.

It's down to what you believe i guess,I'm sure KPLfishtank posted the other day saying Kenny's cousin told him he went to the tims because they offered him £4000 a week more than us.