Lafferty or Miller ? Who would you keep ?

BLUEDIGNITY

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is myth that Miller turned us down to join Celtic

The clubs that wanted him were Wolves (new contract), Hearts, and Celtic

He had grown old at that club, hearts are not going to win anything and wont offer anywhere near the £25k of the tims, maybe £3k, his only viable option was them (or staying at wolves).

Even if this was true, I see three options I would have taken before Celtic. Wolves, Hearts, Retired :)

So you'd rather retire at 26, than sign a 3 year contract worth £3.9m (at £25k pw) with them?

The bonus tho, is we have him in his best years.....

I'd never play for the scum, don't give a fuck what they offered me. He would've "got by" had he signed the contract offered to him by Wolves. Bluenose4life you're talking like as if he played for Partick Thistle or Clyde at the time and was struggling to make ends meet, it's actually rather insulting.

But fair play to the cunt, since he's came back he's played better than expected and has turned out to be a good signing. He was correctly booed at Ibrox for a couple of months when he came back but he showed a strong mentality to overcome that and pretty much score everytime we played the scum.

Miller's better than Lafferty ,obviously, although Lafferty's still learning and Walter 95% of the time picks him as a left winger when he's a striker not a winger. Nigel Worthington uses him up front for Northern Ireland and he tends to do well for them playing there therefore even though i rather like James Beattie, i would've liked to seen us spend that £1.5m on a midfielder/winger instead because i class Lafferty as a striker and towards the end of last season Walter played him up front in the title run-in and it's no coincidence that he played some of his best football for us whilst up there alongside Kenny. His form was that impressive it kept that fat prick Boyd out of the team and his fat ass was warming the bench, that's why the cunt had a sulky face when we won the league at Easter Road, twat.

Whit a no brainer this is! doh If we had never got shot of KM in the first place, he would never have played for the mhanks for that one season.

I'm just glad he came back to us and is now playing the best football of his career.

Lafferty seems to be stuck in 1st gear and maybe a (loan) move to another club might be the best result for both him and Rangers at this point in time.

I'd never play for the scum, don't give a fuck what they offered me. He would've "got by" had he signed the contract offered to him by Wolves. Bluenose4life you're talking like as if he played for Partick Thistle or Clyde at the time and was struggling to make ends meet, it's actually rather insulting.

But fair play to the cunt, since he's came back he's played better than expected and has turned out to be a good signing. He was correctly booed at Ibrox for a couple of months when he came back but he showed a strong mentality to overcome that and pretty much score everytime we played the scum.

So right now, with what ever football experiance you have, celtic offer you a 1 year contract for £1.3m you would say no? I know he has no money problems and wont be short of a few quid but at the end of the day, we are talking about a contract worth £3.9m - the same sort of money we have paid for Jelavic! so it is not like its only a fwe quid.

But you can't keep a dig out tho.... "to be fair to the cunt, he has turned out to be a good signing".... thats insulting...

So right now, with what ever football experiance you have, celtic offer you a 1 year contract for £1.3m you would say no? I know he has no money problems and wont be short of a few quid but at the end of the day, we are talking about a contract worth £3.9m - the same sort of money we have paid for Jelavic! so it is not like its only a fwe quid.

But you can't keep a dig out tho.... "to be fair to the cunt, he has turned out to be a good signing".... thats insulting...

He always would have had option to make a lot of money. I just hate him for signing for them. Seriously, I would NEVER sign for them. We know he was offered a contract with Wolves, and Hearts. I feel sure if he put himself about a bit he could have found another option as well. As already stated, he went there for 4k a week more than the other offer. It really isn't that much money when you are talking those sorts of numbers (multiple millions PER YEAR).

Again, as I have mentioned in other threads, as have many on here, he has done a great job since coming back to the club and will likely be valuable going forward, if he doesn't leave by next Tuesday. I SERIOUSLY wonder, he has rejected the latest offer (quite rightly, IMHO as it was a drop in wage) but, if Celtic offered him a nice pay rise, would he go back there again? I believe he would.

Seriously, I would NEVER sign for them.

for £1.3m i would. I know many others here would too. You dont have to score, you dont even have to play - its just to sign.....

Anyway - miller has done far better than laff so far, experiance?

Would keep Miller without question. I find it hard to believe that we were linked with him when he signed for the Tims considering our manager at the time was Paul Le Guen. I simply don't believe that Miller would be one of the names that Le Guen and Yves Colleau thought about bringing in when they came into the job

I can't beleave how many of Gers fans slamming Miller fer playin fer the scum. We look at it from the fans point of view so it's easy to say I'd never play fer them. Miller played for us before the scum. And we ditched him. When he played fer the scum he did fuck all. Yes he scored against us but compaired te what he's done fer us against them I thought the dwelling hatered would have vanished. I didn't want him back at first either but a double against the scum made it easy for me to forget. As fer Laugh-erty you've gotta be kidding me? You'd rather have him over Miller? Why Cuz he's a Rangers man? I have a lot of friends who are Rangers men but I wouldn't want te see them out there on the pitch falling down over nothing and crying like a wee lassie. The guy is fuckin worthless. He thinks he's better than what he is.COMPLETE PISH! I'd sell him fer a square sausage and a strongbow, I'd ask fer a fish supper but I don't want te be greedy.

He was shit at celtic, but shit hot with us-a no brainer.

He obviously feels more at home with us, he definately didnt seem to settle with Celtic, he certainly never played with the smile on his face like he does for us-when he played for them.

Much better player now, makes better runs, musculed heavier, still pacy & seem to become much more clinical at finishing now.Have to keep.

See the twelve year-olds are out playing again. Oooh he played for them so he's a c**t. Or.....he 's played great for us recently but I f***ing hate him.....' Haven't you lot (you know who you are) got past this yet? Maybe if you were twelve year-olds it would be understandable but I suspect you're all well into adulthood, figuratively speaking at least. Jesus, some Rangers fans are truly embarrassing.

See the twelve year-olds are out playing again. Oooh he played for them so he's a c**t. Or.....he 's played great for us recently but I f***ing hate him.....' Haven't you lot (you know who you are) got past this yet? Maybe if you were twelve year-olds it would be understandable but I suspect you're all well into adulthood, figuratively speaking at least. Jesus, some Rangers fans are truly embarrassing.

Nope, and I agree ;)

Aye folk are twelve year olds because they have principles,awright then.

You can suck up his arse all you like i can live with that but people like you can't handle someone having a different opinion.