Jelavic out of Champions League

div1601

Don't want to sound like one of THEM, but surely this can be appealed? I mean....even UEFA stated earlier in the week that he COULD play no matter what! The rules fucked up! I don't know why we can't just agree that should Rangers be drawn against Rapid in the Europa league, Jelavic wouldn't be allowed to play! Seems fair enough to me! They're two different comps ffs! doh

It's stupid and they should change it so that it only applies inside the same competition, but that would be for the future. We knew the rules when we signed him.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's stupid and they should change it so that it only applies inside the same competition, but that would be for the future. We knew the rules when we signed him.

I know what you're getting at, but UEFA didn't seem to know the rules earlier this week, so I reckon we must have been hopeful, based on their advice!?!

Surely we could ask for special dispensation based on incorrect advice from the governing body??

I know what you're getting at, but UEFA didn't seem to know the rules earlier this week, so I reckon we must have been hopeful, based on their advice!?!

Surely we could ask for special dispensation based on incorrect advice from the governing body??

That was just the BBC who thought that. Don't know where they got that from, but the rules have been laid out since well before the start of the season.

I think tonight's performance against Villa was Rapid's parting shot @ Niko.

Niko said he wanted to be playing CL football so Rapid have fucked him over something silly, it's actually oddly humourous.

Take Uefa to court and enforce a rule change (tu) gutted for Niko. I was pretty certain that'd he come good for us in the CL.

Miller's hot & cold and he isn't the best of finishers. Beattie to me looks overweight and is still unfit, hopefully with more matches he gets fitter and he's yet to score for us. Or we could go with big Lafferty up front, he seems to do okay in that role for Northern Ireland.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if his work permit magically doesn't go threw, as lets be fair we don't need him for the SPL.

I'm kinda dreading the games a bit more now as Kenny miller fur all hes done last season has done less in Europe than Boyd and him doing much better.

Cant say id be to inspired with Beattie playing up front himself as hes not exactly blessed with pace from what Ive seen.

I'm not sure if ANYBODY knows or understands the rule about Jelavic being able to play in the group stages of the CL (Not even the fuckers who made them up)

Anyway, I'm not too worried about it either way. I'm convinced that we will play a 4-4-1-1 away from home in the CL with Beattie up front on his own and Kenny just behind him.

Jelavic can help us get the main prize...and that my friends is the SPL Championship. Anything we get from Europe is only a bonus...FACT! :pipe:

I think tonight's performance against Villa was Rapid's parting shot @ Niko.

Niko said he wanted to be playing CL football so Rapid have fucked him over something silly, it's actually oddly humourous.

Take Uefa to court and enforce a rule change (tu) gutted for Niko. I was pretty certain that'd he come good for us in the CL.

Miller's hot & cold and he isn't the best of finishers. Beattie to me looks overweight and is still unfit, hopefully with more matches he gets fitter and he's yet to score for us. Or we could go with big Lafferty up front, he seems to do okay in that role for Northern Ireland.

Donald Findlay QC :wink: