West Brom sign Marc Antoine Fortune

Togs

Lose 4-0, so replace a striker with another striker.

Lennon is a funny guy.

Him and Mowbray don't have a managerial bone in their bodies. Honestly their defensive setups are a joke. Miller and Jela will make them look like a pub team.

Celtic have sold striker Marc-Antoine Fortune to West Bromwich Albion for an undisclosed fee. The forward has signed a two-year deal at The Hawthorns.

Fortune spent half a season on loan with the Baggies in 2009 before being signed by Celtic last summer in a deal worth £3.8 million. The forward played 43 games for the Hoops, scoring 12 goals.

Rumours of a return to the English Premier League have been rife this summer with Fortune believed to be surplus to requirements as Neil Lennon re-shaped the squad at Parkhead. However, with the French striker having played five times under Lennon already this season it appeared he did have a future in the east end of Glasgow.

Fortune's move has happened quickly, with the player travelling to the Midlands direct from Holland instead of flying to Glasgow with the rest of the Celtic squad last night. The striker was part of the side that crashed out of Europe following their 4-0 defeat to Utrecht.

West Brom manager Roberto Di Matteo said he was delighted to be bringing the French forward back to the club.

"The great thing about this signing is that it won't take him long to settle in because he knows the club inside out," Di Matteo said. "He also knows what this league is all about.

"Marco got on really well with the other players during his loan here and they're all delighted to see him back.

"He is a powerful striker who can hold the ball up and bring others into play and having also signed Peter Odemwingie last week, we now have plenty of competition up front."

The sale of Fortune will increase Celtic's determination to sign a striker before the transfer window closes on Tuesday night. The club are pursuing an interest in Hibernian's Anthony Stokes but have received no encouragement from Hapoel Tel-Aviv after making an enquiry about Itay Shechter.

Celtic manager Lennon has already signed Gary Hooper from Scunthorpe United this summer but the striker has an injury that rules him out for six weeks. Morten Rasmussen, Paul McGowan and Ben Hutchison have all been put out on loan.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/celtic/194307-celtic-sell-fortune-to-west-bromwich-albion/

Lennon must stay.

They must surely have made a loss and the only money they will have saved probably is by spending that on Stokes... Fortune was a bit of a dud but I reckon he would have been a lot better this year for Celtic if used properly, I certainly dont fear stokes

I actually think Fortune could be a decent player at full fitness and with the right manager.

Stokes is what he is, a good finisher but I really dont think he'll bring anything to the filth that they dont already have.

And after the way Hibs have conducted their transfer business in the past I'd be surprised if they didnt hold out for double what the clatties are offering.