Derek McInnes

A lot on here were impressed with his managerial career so far, and today yet again he was showing all the tools of a possible Rangers Manager down the line.

Now we all know Ally McCoist has been promised the job after Walter retires, but I for one wouldn't be bothered if went back against our word and offered the job to McInnes instead.

Derek McInnes has a bright future and he'll not be at St.Johnstone for much longer.

I reckon he'll be a Premiership or Championship manager by next season, how would a Derek McInnes - Ally McCoist managerial team get on?

I also like the fact that McInnes still calls Walter 'gaffer' :praise:

He was acting like a prick after the game today saying they were hard done by cos Kenny barged someone. Glossed over the penalty decisions there nicely Derek. He'd have to up the class levels to manage this team.

This. Lost a lot of respect for him today, especially when he made diving gestures towards the referee when Boughy got fouled.

This. Lost a lot of respect for him today, especially when he made diving gestures towards the referee when Boughy got fouled.

Ahhhh you mean sticking up for his team and being vocal on the touch line...nope we do not want one of those types here!!

I jest!! LOL

A lot on here were impressed with his managerial career so far, and today yet again he was showing all the tools of a possible Rangers Manager down the line.

Now we all know Ally McCoist has been promised the job after Walter retires, but I for one wouldn't be bothered if went back against our word and offered the job to McInnes instead.

Derek McInnes has a bright future and he'll not be at St.Johnstone for much longer.

Had the same thought last season DB.and I still think the same. (tu)

As much in a managerial sense as Coisty if not more as the OP points out :craphead: :craphead:

:21:

Well look at owen coyle started his managerial career at st johnstone. Knocked us out of league cup at ibrox and then took them to league cup semi where they lost to thims. He then went to burnley and took them to premiership in his first season. He beat man utd when in EPL. He now manager of mid table EPL team.

I wouldnt talk against the point DB is tryin to make

Of course he was disappointed by not getting anything out of today's game, he's a winner and that doesn't just suddenly stop when his St.Johnstone team plays us.

Think he does still call Walter Gaffer, that respect right there.

He's a student of the game and has learned his trade well. Plus no doubt he watched and picked up some good tricks off of Walter and Dick Advocaat and his wee spell in France as a player.

I really want Super Ally to promote his style of play at the Gers so i suggest giving him a run at one of the cup competitions again this season (if thats what really happened last season) but Derek Mcinnes has done really well at Saints and remember he masterminded a 4-1 pumping v us last season so i wouldn't rule out a return to Gers at some point !!!

ps, really liked him as a player one of a few that could have went alot further had he been given a chance !!!

Had the same thought last season DB.and I still think the same. (tu)

Just when I seen how his team played today, plus the way he was instructing from the away dug out. Couldn't help but think he's tailor made in the future for our job.

Of course we are too close to it... But his approach and instructions to keep Weiss impact in the game to a minimum was spot on, and it spoke volumes.

Dear god some people are small minded.

I guess Walter has never moaned or complained about something when being frustrated at not getting a win?

I guess Walter has never moaned or complained about something when being frustrated at not getting a win?

I've never seen Walter make diving gestures towards referee's before no. Of course every manager complains about decisions during and after games but thought the diving gesture he made lacked class.

Well yes. But the difference is Smith is on our side and so it's both welcome and expected.

If McInnes ever gets the job at Ibrox then he can wire right in on our behalf. Against us? Shut it ya greetin faced fud (tu)

I would rather him than McCoist. Obviously I have faith in McCoist and will trust him but tbh hes like Lennon , just a fan.

McInnes is the manager of a SPL club and is doing better than expected with them.

I think he is fast becoming a good manager (tu)