Maurice Edu

Amac9

Other than a few half hearted attempts at tackle's, a few misplaced passes and a few completed passes, Davis was not involved at all, yet their's no criticism of him at all. Edu must be the new whipping boy.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than a few half hearted attempts at tackle's, a few misplaced passes and a few completed passes, Davis was not involved at all, yet their's no criticism of him at all. Edu must be the new whipping boy.

I tend to agree there aswell. Edu was awful, but Davis gets away with murder sometimes.

Fantastic player, but he's a golden boy that gets away with murder. Same with Papac.

How can some of you say Edu was the worst player on the pitch? He put in a decent shift, when the likes of Steven Whittaker offered absolutley nothing apart from giving the ball away time and time again. His performance was cringeworthy and he gets a free ride while everyone jumps on the "Maurice Edu is Pish" bus. If you actually looked at the game carefully I think you would find he offered much more than our other two CM's aswell who were almost invisible. MO EDU #1

IF he played next to a proper footballing CM like Ferguson (before blackburn) he would look really good. We lack a proper CM.

We do, as much as I love Big Lee and wee Davis they really aren't 'proper' midfielder's like Ferguson or Gerrard (not comparing the 2 obviously) as another example.

How can some of you say Edu was the worst player on the pitch? He put in a decent shift, when the likes of Steven Whittaker offered absolutley nothing apart from giving the ball away time and time again. His performance was cringeworthy and he gets a free ride while everyone jumps on the "Maurice Edu is Pish" bus. If you actually looked at the game carefully I think you would find he offered much more than our other two CM's aswell who were almost invisible. MO EDU #1

Davis was another one who was awful, but of course that'll go unnoticed.

Whittaker, Davis AND Edu were all poor tonight, and I said earlier - Davis gets away with murder - but that doesn't detract from Edu. Rightly.

Fucking hell. Listen to us lads. We won a CL game and all some of us can do is moan.

I don't even think we mean it either :disappointment:

I thought he done fairly well today, and im not his biggest fan at all most of the time, the odd misplaced pass, which most players done, he wasn't to bad

I like to know why there is a Mo Edu thread every other week? I don't see Steve Davis getting this type of critical attention.

Thought ge had a good game tonight. I think confidence is an issue with him in respects to the role he plays. With Lee on the pitch there is a case for Mo to push forward, which he did tonight he needs to bang one in for his confidence to soar. With regards to him slowing the play I think he broke up play well tonight and looked for the killer ball right away only it wasn't there as miller and naisy had bombed it downfield and he had to play out wide to Whittaker or broadfoot.

Don't know why he gets a hard time as he is a young guy with a great future if he keeps showing up.

I like to know why there is a Mo Edu thread every other week? I don't see Steve Davis getting this type of critical attention.

As 1st_Jan_1994 mentioned above, he's the golden boy, he doesn't deserve criticism, EVER.

He was no worse or better than McCulloch or Davis in my opinion. I felt he had a decent enough shift, some decent passes and challenges and a willingness to get forward despite losing out occasionally and bad positioning. To me the weak link in the team at this level is Whittaker, yet people never criticise him because he can do some fancy tricks with the ball once in a blue moon.

A few times Edu showed why he is better than mcculloch (not in this match but just as a player overall) and that was when he picked up the ball, ran with it and played some good forward passes, he also played some neat triangles with players... Edu did a job in there, musnt be easy putting in a good shift then getting dropped