Have we now secured at least 3rd?

RFC55

I know its early days, but i do not think Bursaspor showed enough last night to suggest they are capable of taking 6 points from their next 4 games. It can happen but will it happen? I doubt it.

I really really hope we can secure last 16 this year. Its a long way away, but i just want Rangers to let Smith go out with a bang and pit his witts against another top club ie Real, Bayern or Inter.

Are you guys confident, by taking these 4 points we have at least secured 3rd?

No, if they beat us thts them only needing one point.

They would need to beat us around 7-0 as if it is 1-0 to them over there it will go to goal difference and they have already been scudded 4-0 and are currently on -5

Not secured, but as they are the last game I think we can assume they won't get any points from their next 3. I think we can get points from valencia and utd. Utd have to beat valencia at OT and if we can draw twice with them at the least wed be looking good for 2nd even if utd beat us at ibrox. Thatd leave valencia 2nd going to last game at OT by a point and wed have to beat bursa. I know that longwinded and all ifs and buts but its what I'm thinkin

I think they will surprise someone and i mean Man Utd or Valencia in Turkey,Walter has their number so i think we will will get a minimum of a point over there.

I'm not going to write them off yet.

Sorry to be an ass bb08 but Valencia already humped them in Turkey.

I know its nowhere near done but 4 points will be a big ask for the Turks!

Nothing can be taken for granted in the CL.

I expected Valencia to get at least a draw when i saw who was out for Man Utd last night.

No one expected us to get humped by Unirea last season.

No one expected us to hump Lyon away.

Still plenty of twists and turns to come in this group because we are not guaranteed another point either now that our supposed "easy" home fixture is out the road.

As said before we tend to drift away as the group goes on. Iy happened in 2000 and 2007. This time, however, we look capable of keeping a clean sheet in any of our remaining games. I think 3rd will be secured because i don't really rate the Turks and don't think they're capable of gaining at least 4 points. If we are to get second, the games versus Valencia are crucial.

Would we take 2 draws in these games?

Not secured, no. Last night's result went a long way to progressing though. I'd be amazed if Bursaspor get anything from Old Trafford or Valencia, or even a point at home against Man U. Until we go into the last game more than 3 points ahead of them though, I'm counting no chickens.

They would only need to beat us by two clear goals.

Thats what i said beat us by 2 and get a point somewhere else and us to lose all 4 games. Possible yes, but just dont see it.

I thought they were pretty poor and we were so comfortable it was unreal.

If they beat us 1-0 tho they need a huge swing in GD