The Mighty Liverpool F.C.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both, has a wicked temper to boot. :pipe:

Also, I heard rumours that Mereiles wasn;t actually signed by the manager, but by the higher ups. :pipe:

Im sure Cole has calmed down now he is a father :sherlock:

haha that wouldnt suprise me actually, it would be like the whole Keane saga all over again!

Ahhhh Liverpool. Maybe now their fans are starting to realize that they aren't actually a world class club and that they're a middle of the league team who had a good couple of seasons.

Ahhhh Liverpool. Maybe now their fans are starting to realize that they aren't actually a world class club and that they're a middle of the league team who had a good couple of seasons.

Admitedly its 20 odd years ago but 18 league titles and 5 European cups constitute World Class to me ;)

ofcourse they wont be relegated this season, they still have too much quality for that. but i can see a mid-table, 10th-13-th kind of finish for them, which could be the start of a decline, and if they dont sort out the ownership and finance issues it could well turn into another leeds scenario.

Yep, my friend is telling me that it's looking really unlikely that the yanks will get a long term refinance, so thats either good news or bad news if it happens.

Bad News - Possibility of a short-term refinance till the winter transfer window in which assets (aka players) can be sold, with a possibility of direct administration by RBS and a 9 point docking if the debt isn't met.

Good news - RBS may take over the holding company directly and find a new buyers for the 280m debt they are owed, leaving the Yanks in the dark with a half a billion loss and debts secured on their assets.

That is of coruse assuming a long term refinancing isn't agreed. :ph34r:

Yep, my friend is telling me that it's looking really unlikely that the yanks will get a long term refinance, so thats either good news or bad news if it happens.

Bad News - Possibility of a short-term refinance till the winter transfer window in which assets (aka players) can be sold, with a possibility of direct administration by RBS and a 9 point docking if the debt isn't met.

Good news - RBS may take over the holding company directly and find a new buyers for the 280m debt they are owed, leaving the Yanks in the dark with a half a billion loss and debts secured on their assets.

That is of coruse assuming a long term refinancing isn't agreed. :ph34r:

Scary stuff! Im sure a rich sugar Daddy is on the horizon though ;)

:lol:

The Rangers got fucked over by him didn't they?

Yeah big time, first time in baseball history a team had gone into bankruptcy in the middle of the season. Fortunately he's out of the picture now- although he made off with about $70 million or so that the creditors can't touch

Yeah big time, first time in baseball history a team had gone into bankruptcy in the middle of the season. Fortunately he's out of the picture now- although he made off with about $70 million or so that the creditors can't touch

You will be happy to know that if he doesn't get a refinance option this week (and its looking that way), he will be liable up to 280 million to the banks here.

You will be happy to know that if he doesn't get a refinance option this week (and its looking that way), he will be liable up to 280 million to the banks here.

Good news, if there's anybody that's a poster boy for the economic downturn of the past few years, it's Tom Hicks

Although I do wish he'd remain at Liverpool because I love reading about how much the fans hate him and his douche son :lol:

I do really like Hodgson but listening to people talk about Liverpool, you'd think they had a shite team!

See when you actually have a look at the side;

Torres

Cole Gerrard Jovanovic

Poulsen Meireles

Konchesky Carragher Skrtel Johnson

Reina

That is a very handy team in my opinion, one that Hodgson should be doing a lot better with.

I think hodgson is out of his depth, all other factors notwithstading, his tactics are not working and the team is not playing correctly, the players can share some of the blame, but I think hodgson is seriously out of his depth at liverpool, his tactics are more effective at fulham, not at liverpool and the players he has there.

Liverpool's shambolic season hit a new low on Tuesday night as owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett blocked the sale of the club and attempted to remove two key members of their own board.

Two new bids for the Anfield outfit were tabled earlier in the day, both of which have been described as 'excellent' by the Premier League club.

Liverpool's board were due to meet to discuss the offers and give the green light for a change of ownership, with both prospective buyers promising to pay off the club's £282million debts.

But in an astonishing move from American duo Hicks and Gillett, they turned down the chance of a sale and have now attempted to remove managing director Christian Purslow and commercial director Ian Ayre from the decision-making process.

Click to read more.

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

I hate the pish you hear on the radio about Hodgson not being ready for such a big job, not being able to handle the pressure etc.

He was the fucking Inter Milan manager :lol:

I really liked Hodgson at Fulham, but have went right off him now after his interview after the game against Sunderland.

He said some things, i can't remember exactly, but trying to defend their ridiculous first goal. He also wouldn't answer the interviewer's question by being pedantic, claiming the 'first goal' was Torres' which should have been given onside, and he wouldn't stop banging on about it! He also said their peno was ridiculous and was bubbling about the referee and how their ridiculous pen cancelled out Liverpool's ridiculous first.

Generally he was just being an annoying, confused old cunt. Liverpool was a terrible move for him, he's changed into their cheating, moaning ways.