Injury Worries: Beattie, Broadfoot, McCulloch

Muff

Rangers FC midfielder Lee McCulloch has been ruled out of Wednesday's UEFA Champions League match against Valencia CF.

The 32-year-old was substituted at half-time during Scotland's 3-2 UEFA EURO 2012 qualifying defeat by Spain on Tuesday with a groin injury. He will miss Saturday's Scottish Premier League home fixture against Motherwell FC as well as next week's Group C tie at Ibrox.

Manager Walter Smith also indicated to UEFA.com that McCulloch could be a doubt for the return match at Mestalla on 2 November. Rangers have four points from their first two group games, against Manchester United FC and Turkish champions Bursaspor.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=1546444.html

I see Joaquin also misses the game.

How true, time will tell, although Lee McCulloch did miss training today. Im pretty dissappointed with Craig Levein and Lee McCulloch. He wasn't fit, and declared himself available, knowing that it was a risk.

He should not be risking himself for Scotland (the same with any player) when Rangers have an important (important or not) run of games coming up.

Fuck the SFA, the national team, Craig Levein and the tartan trannies.

That is all.

I Agree with all, apart from the national team part :ph34r:

Anyway im sure i seen that Miguel was out too for our match.

I'd give Hutton the nod if we go with our Champions League formation..Or Naismith in the middle and Lafferty out wide, or even Weiss starting and Davis sitting back.

I'd go with Hutton to be honest, and bring on Weiss after 70 minutes.

I was thinking one of the younger boys might have to step up, but Naismith will just come into the middle, with Whittaker and Lafferty on the wings

No they won't. It will be business as usual, with Edu stepping in and Motherwell over-running our midfield :disappointment:

No they won't. It will be business as usual, with Edu stepping in and Motherwell over-running our midfield :disappointment:

The midfield wasn't overrun against Hearts at Tynecastle. McCulloch is a decent player, we've won without him and we will continue to do so.

A player who does a job, nowhere near as good as some make him out to be.

Lee out will be a loss, no doubts about it.I'm not going to have another go at International matches but Lee is partly to blame here. He was unfit and should not have put himself forward for selection. Hope he's back for the scum game

Anything but Whittaker in the midfield :anguish:

McGregor

Broadfoot Bougherra Weir Papac

Naismith Hutton Davis Edu Weiss

Miller

With Edu and Hutton sitting as deep as possible on the back four, Edu almost acting as a 3rd CB.

Weiss would have to do his fair share of work and track back. I'd give him Motherwell to prove himself for that place though.

The midfield wasn't overrun against Hearts at Tynecastle. McCulloch is a decent player, we've won without him and we will continue to do so.

A player who does a job, nowhere near as good as some make him out to be.

I agree and disagree. Hearts was an open, end to end game. That's a bit different.

Every game at Ibrox this season our midfield has been totally over-run when Edu has been in there.

As has been said, you can't put all this on Craig Levein, SFA, international football or whatever when McCulloch declared himself fit.

It's not good losing him especially now when we seem to be getting quite a few injuries, but it isn't as big a blow as some are making out, we've won games without him and we'll continue to do so.

As has been said, you can't put all this on Craig Levein, SFA, international football or whatever when McCulloch declared himself fit.

It's not good losing him especially now when we seem to be getting quite a few injuries, but it isn't as big a blow as some are making out, we've won games without him and we'll continue to do so.

Do you know McCulloch declared himself fit? maybe he said he was touch and go and Levein persuaded him to give it a go.

No-one knows.

Regardless, I don't give a shit as to the reasons, the fact of the matter is that he came back from international duty injured as a result. I can't blame the Tartan Army for that.