***The Official Valencia CF vs. Rangers Thread***

Muff

Which proves that we are capable of doing so. Frankly, I hate the attitude of saying "we've performed above expectations" because to me it's like making excuses or conceding before the match is even played. Any team, no matter how good, can be beaten. That is the attitude a professional footballer should have.

Nobody conceded the match but people can be realistic after the game is over.

Why would anyone want to do anything about it?

Hes not every fans cup of tea, empty seats at Ibrox now and in the 90's even with our superstars!, i know several fans who wont pay to watch his teams. I know hundreds who expect better from us in Europe. I like him, i think hes a great man, but his European record cannot be sugar coated in any way. Its dreadful.

I think its very hard to argue with his domestic record, shame about where we make our world reputation, in Europe.

In all honesty Im more disappointed that we didn't beat them at home.

Going over to Spain, were we've never won and were Valencia have only lost once in the last 13 games in the CL is always going to be very tough.

Im just glad our fans are enjoying it and still in full voice.

Bring on United :uk:

Hes not every fans cup of tea, empty seats at Ibrox now and in the 90's even with our superstars!, i know several fans who wont pay to watch his teams. I know hundreds who expect better from us in Europe. I like him, i think hes a great man, but his European record cannot be sugar coated in any way. Its dreadful.

I think its very hard to argue with his domestic record, shame about where we make our world reputation, in Europe.

Who would realistically make Rangers an elite force in Europe ?, he isn't literally God himself, he can only play to his advantages.

Nobody conceded the match but people can be realistic after the game is over.

And I understand that, but we looked far too lifeless for long spells tonight. We had success at Ibrox because we played like we weren't afraid of them; tonight's performance was just a weak cup of tepid tea.

Rangers European record in general cannot be suger-coated in any way.

Anyone who says that Smith is 'not their cup of tea' as Rangers manager wants a rubber room.

I have no idea who you're talking about.

LOL MATE ..im just gutted,wee bit of earning respect woulda been nice instead of rolling over and tactically giving in ..but hey they dont pay my wages although im fuckin seething lol

And I understand that, but we looked far too lifeless for long spells tonight. We had success at Ibrox because we played like we weren't afraid of them; tonight's performance was just a weak cup of tepid tea.

With the amount of games we have played and the size of the squad we have, are you really surprised?

We beat ourselves tonight. Technical ability went right out the window and we just gave away daft mistakes. Backing off and not shutting them down, giving the ball away pointlessly, it was very frustrating to watch. We should have brought Edu off atleast on the hour mark and brought on Hutton. I don't see why Walter doesn't use the subs? Is he scared that they might be too young? ATM Hutton is miles better than Edu, I just don't get why they aren't given the chance. Even at 2-0 down with 5 minutes left, what harm would it do? The best player on the pitch was Naismith who had the shittiest luck going. Other than him and McGregor, the rest were pretty dire :anguish: Fair play to our fans though, still giving it laldy even after the final whistle :praise:

Anyway, we're still in it yet. Anything could happen against ManUre at home and Bursaspor could surprise us and nick a point at the Mestalla. But I don't see us coming last, so Dublin HERE WE COME :crabflute::uk:

Gutted. It was a poor performance, but we were so unlucky hitting the post twice, and so unlucky with the own goal at Ibrox. Still 2 games to go, and we'll almost certainly be in Europe after Christmas. It's not all bad.

And the fans were brilliant!

We simply don't have the money to compete at this level and even if we did it wouldn't be easy attracting top players to the SPL.

Walter does ok for the players he has... a UEFA Cup final was a super achievement and we're still not out of this yet.

LOL MATE ..im just gutted,wee bit of earning respect woulda been nice instead of rolling over and tactically giving in ..but hey they dont pay my wages although im fuckin seething lol

No, I want to know who you meant by "you know who". Who is viewing us as a laughing stock? Did you mean Celtic? Because if you did that's absolutely fucking absurd. We made it to november undefeated in all competitions, including in Europe, where Celtic were humbled TWICE in one season. We dicked them 3-1 in their own backyard. If you think losing to Valencia makes us a laughing stock in the eyes of Celtic fans, you need to take a look at yourself.

Not going to slag any individual player tonite,i think we are punching well above

our weight in the group this season , especially after last season,i thought McGregor was outstanding :praise:

although dissappointed we will still be in europe after xmas,dont think it will be in CL though

all the best kai :21:

I don't get this argument that we gave in.

We played the same tactics that have been so successful for us and roughly the same players.

We played quite well on the counter attack at times but our defending let us down.

That's not giving in. That's bad luck and human error.

They are a very good team and they looked so much better than they did at Ibroz.

That wasn't down to us. If we attacked more, it would be easier for Soldado, Joaquin and Mata to get in behind so we played like we have done but this time it didn't work out.

It's an insult to Walter Smith and the players to say we gave in or looked scared.

Come on everyone we have spent next to nothing compared with all these teams in the Champions League we are doing fantastically well to even have 5 points on the board! Europa League would suit me fine. Heads up lads still 4 cups to play for!!!!! :pipe: