***The Official Valencia CF vs. Rangers Thread***

Muff

They took their chances - we never and we got punished for giving them too much space. Do some people really expect us to go out and go toe to toe with a team that boasts Valencia's attacking talent!! They could even afford to keep Pablo on the bench ffs

Valencia are the third best team in league whose quality is so far ahead of our own as to be hardly worth arguing. Ever Banega alone cost them 18 million euros. What did you expect?

a bit of fight maybe ..man utd have many players worth far more ffs .i expected more as did most to be honest..

OK, this is nonsense. Aye, they're a good side, but we have practically rolled over for them tonight. Last game we took the fight to them and should have and could have won it by a good few goals. Broadfoot has been gash, so put Foster in and see if things improve - he's got twice the pace and could have been far more of a spark. Maybe we're not as good a side, but a lesser side can beat a better one IF it believes in itself and has a right go.

Agreed. I don't understand people who are having a go at other people for wanting Walter to make a change. Saying that no-one on the bench is good enough to come is a bit off. I'm not saying that they are game changers, but who's to know what would happen if they were given a chance. What did we have to lose at 2-0.

They are just a better team.

Banega, Mata, Soldado, Joaquin and Albelda are all quality players and all played very well tonight.

We need to finish better though at this level. Missed so many chances over the last 3 matches.

Hope we can improve against Man Utd.

A fair summary (tu)

a bit of fight maybe ..man utd have many players worth far more ffs .i expected more as did most to be honest..

I agree, we were poor tonight. It happens though, especially on the back of a run of very tough fixtures in a short space of time with a tiny squad. This is our first defeat all season and supposed "supporters" are turning on individual players and the team and the manager already. It's a fucking disgrace.

Woeful performance tonight, completely outclassed in every department. Pass marks to McGregor once again, Papac and Naismith, I'm so disappointed in this result.

It makes you wonder if (at least at the moment) Valencia are the best team in the group because we never looked like loosing heavily at Old Trafford

All this highlights is against teams like this. McCulloch, Whittaker, Broadfoot, Edu are not good enough for Europe.

We're not building a squad to win the Champions league, we're building a squad to win the SPL, anything else we do in Europe is a bonus. These guys you mentioned, put their hearts and souls into Rangers, especially the first 3. So if your after Champions League Finals, go support man utd/chelsea/barcelona.

McGregor was once again outstanding.

Naismith Was once again playing his heart out.

I guess the only good thing to come out of tonight is guaranteed european football after christmas.

Broadfoot is gash, how he was allowed to start, considering the performance Foster put on at ibrox is beyond me.

Edu Should never been allowed onto the pitch second half, he didnt perform bad, would it have killed us to Play Whittaker/Wylde in Midfield and Play Hutton/Foster in defence?

We may have a small squad...but playing our top XI each game is doing us no Favours, Especially on weeks were we have 2 games...We have plenty of younger ones that should have played at the weekend to rest this XI, or the majority of it. It's too early to say the energy is running out already, but tonights performance showed signs of it.

A piss poor performance, but definatly not the worst.

Ok, we can look at the UEFA coefficient if you want, in which Spain are at number 1, 25 places ahead of our own league. And if you don't care for hard statistics, the European and World champions are the Spanish national team, almost all of whose players play in the Spanish league. Tonight we played the third best team in that league. At their home.

Stats, you sound like Chesney. Stats show we are the worlds number 1 club yet look how far behind we are the very best teams! I go by what i see on the park, not numbers, at Ibrox we were miles better than them, tonight they were not that good, they were there to be had at the back. Mata, Joaquin and maybe Ever, were good, thats the only ones i rated, i dont even think Soldado is that good, he was up against Weir, anyone with pace will trouble him. I can accept defeat if the players give 100%, maybe they did and theyre just not as good as i thought they were, we were poor tonight.

I dont feel as let down though as i did at the weekend. Just gutted.

Well done The Mighty Rangers :clap: You done your best but to be honest we lost to the better team on the night

Hope our travelling fans had a great trouble free trip and come home safe and sound :21:

Well said that man (tu)

Hope they're still sashing it up :uk::crabflute:

Valencia are a top side and fully deserved their win. Us Rangers fans cant complain! We have done well in the CL this year and have done better than anyone expected. I'm glad we can Get Euro football beyond Xmas. I believe Valencia are a better footballing side than utd.

Hard lines Rangers no matter what the result we should be proud from the start we've made this season.

Valencia are the third best team in league whose quality is so far ahead of our own as to be hardly worth arguing. Ever Banega alone cost them 18 million euros. What did you expect?

So much of it is down to attitude. A Bud Johnston or a Wee Doddy would never, ever have conceded that Valencia were a better side - they would have got tore in and tried their damndest to take them down in size (and probably would have). Simply not enough passion from some of these lads, and the Gaffer has to take some of the blame as well; even though I respect the man immensely, he simply must be taken to task sometimes as we've been seeing this kind of entrenched thinking from him off and on for years now. If the vast majority of the punters watching can see changes should be made, one would think the manager could as well.

i think its the fact that we kinda showed them up at ibrox with all the chances we had, is whats bugging them and me included, that night we played like a team and as somebody said (made a topic about it) it was the best european performence the've seen from us, two weeks later it was utter shambles at the back and the middle was non existant.

now i'm off to vent my anger at some poor virgin media customer service person

excuse me for a wee while