***The Official Football Manager 2011 Thread***

PaulRFC1

I got sacked of Birmingham in my 5th season with them after finishing 2nd in my 4th! But I set expectations as league winners and was 7th in the league half way through so...

Took me about 7 months to get another jib even got rejected by st Johnstone but just got hired by Dundee utd

Can anyone tell me whats the best way to get the most out of Romelu Lukaku, he doesnt seem to be doing it up front on his own, i use him as a complete striker at the minute...

try a target man - attack or an advanced forward shoudl do it (tu)

Squad for 2nd season:

rangersrangersplayers.png

Signed a tonne of young Scottish players as I always end up struggling with the CL squad lists for home grown players. Got a couple of young prospects to train up.

jamiepollockprofileattr.th.pngcarlopinsoglioprofileat.th.pngguidodaviprofileattribu.th.png

allyloveprofileattribut.th.pngcraigturnbullprofileatt.th.pngantharyahiaprofileattri.th.png

paolohernndellafiorepro.th.pngcallummcrobbieprofileat.th.pngmarkusrosenbergprofilea.th.png

frederikmllerprofileatt.th.pnganicetandrianantenainap.th.pngfernandoguerreroprofile.th.png

santiagovillafaeprofile.th.png

17 players in with only £2.4million spent :sherlock:

Finished 3rd in my first season with AS Roma, signed Marco Amelia, Ibrahim Afellay, Dennis Aogo and I also signed Borriello and Guillermo Burdisso permanently.

Got £15 million to spend, I'm looking to sign a right back, any suggestions?

Serge aurier

Absolute shite.

4 mins extra time 1-0 up at Tynecastle, 93rd minute they break away and papac takes one for the team, free kick on edge of the box and he's off.

They then miss this only to be rewarded a penalty on the 94th, 1-1. :anguish:

Last night was playing, after a draw the game in hand with motherwell 2-2 were I dominate the whole game and they score an equaliser in the last min I then get hearts at Ibrox, I go in at half time 1-0 down, come out and beattie is then sent off within the first 10 mins ! I fuck around with the tactics and go 2-1 up with 15 to go, all is looking good until 93+ (only 3 mins added !) from a throw it is headed around my box and the goalie makes a brilliant save but it is rebounded in ! typical fucking FM !

Season 2014/15

Rangers

Won 4th title in a row

Semi final of Champs League - beating Barca 8-3 on aggregate in the 1st knockout and betting Man Utd 6-4 on aggregate in 1/4's.

£18 million to spend.

Got Huddlestone,Andy Carrol,Kaka for free

Bought Steve Fletcher :praise:

My Liverpool team have picked up an interesting habbit lately..

Torres scored after 18 seconds vs Dinamo at home.. went on to win 5-0.

Gerrard scored after 17 seconds vs Birmingham away.. went on to win 4-0.

Torres scored after 10 seconds vs Blackburn at home.. went on to win 4-1. :lol:

Long live the early goals :crabflute:

Second season with Rangers, qualified for the last 16 of the Champions League again, won my group of Roma, Standard Leige and Red Star Belgrade.

1) Rangers - 14 Points

2) Roma - 13 points

3) Standard Leige - 5 points

4) Red Star Belgrade - 1 point

Currently playing as Rangers, 1st in the league (first season)

SOLD - Beattie to Blackburn £150k (Wages were too much), Papac to Valencia £1.2M and Whittaker to West Ham £1.5M

BOUGHT - Alan Hutton £2.4M (Interacted with board to get him) and Ritchie De Laet (Man United are my parent club, fucking hate them too haha!)

TEAM - GK McGregor, RB Hutton, LB De Laet, CB Webster, CB Bougherra, LM Weiss, RM Naismith, CM Davis, CM Edu, ST Jelavic, ST Miller.

Just wondering what you all play your strikers and midfielders as in complete forwards, ball winning midfielder etc? Trying to figure best position for everyone.

Going to sell Miller at the end if this season, any bargain buys for a striker?

Currently top with only one game lost.

Cheers!

You'll more than likely lose Miller in January. His contract demands are abusrb, something £44kp/w he wants.

I managed to get him donw to £20kp/w but ended up selling him in Jan for £1.3million, big mistake. Jelavic isn't the natural finisher in this game.