***The Official Football Manager 2011 Thread***

PaulRFC1

In my 12th season with Rangers, hoping to capture my 12th title, 13 points ahead of the scum with 3 games in hand and 11 games left, should be easy. Just beat Morton to win the League Cup and secure 7 straight League Cup victories. Got Porto in the Europa League Quarter Finals which might be a struggle but hoping to pick up the Trophy for a second time. Needing a new Goalkeeper since Joe Hart is 33 and getting on a bit. Also fucking pissed at a promising Centre Back i sold to Inverness for 600k a few years back. He just went to Real Madrid for £10.5 million :anguish:. Recent highlight has been holding onto my Assistant Manager, Rangers Legend, Juan Romane Riquelme who was interested in taking the Falkirk job but persuaded him to stay. Haven't signed a new deal, hoping for more than the £27,500 i'm getting right now but the board wasn't budging, Alistair Johnson is still the Chairman which is fucking depressing, was wanting a takeover but our Bank Loan has nearly been paid off after 12 years with it sitting at £4.5 million.

First season is coming to an end.

Im Aston Villa -

I have the third best attack in the league but a really poor defense so I need some solid defenders for the summer and a good GK.

Any suggestions ?

I also need a playmaker but im eyeing up Pastore although I could do with some other options incase I cant afford him.

there is one defender i buy every season and its Adil Rami from Lille , although you'll do well to stop Chelsea signing him as they seem to try it in every game i start

I need a new game. Any suggestions? Preferably a decent team with potential but not one of the top teams. Got bored of my current save. Started off as Burnley got promotion then kept them up and got the Arsenal job and im in my third season wth them and its getting boring now :disappointment:

I need a new game. Any suggestions? Preferably a decent team with potential but not one of the top teams. Got bored of my current save. Started off as Burnley got promotion then kept them up and got the Arsenal job and im in my third season wth them and its getting boring now :disappointment:

Notts County, Leeds United?

So just won my 2nd Europa League, don't how i managed it but beat 3 hard teams on route to the final as i scored in extra time to beat Porto, beat Sevilla on away goals and managed to secure a 2-1 win over Everton in the Final. Also signed a new contract keeping me at the club till May 2024. Just need to beat Killie in the Scottish Cup for the Quadruple, should be easy. :D

Lille , Palermo , HSV , Wolfsburg , Espanyol , Getafe

Me and Flatmate are playing a Spanish season im Barca he is Real , he won the treble in his first season ( fucking raging by the way ) he beat me by 1 point in the league and also beat me in the UCL final , my excuse was i was missing Villa, Messi ,Pique and Abidal and none of my january signings could play either , lost 2-1 , also during the season Messi was injured for at least 5 months of the campaign and when your squad is as small as Barca it really hurts the team .

new additions :

Neuer

Mexes

Schweinsteiger

Henrique

Vucinic

Hernandez

Aguero

Susaseta

Rafael

Domingeuz

Just pumped him 3-1 2nd game of the 2nd season and hold a 4 point lead after 4 games

Just bought this game and it's installing as we speak. I've bought the game every year - but the last few years I've really struggled to get into a good game.

Any idea who I should go to get into the game quick?

Just bought this game and it's installing as we speak. I've bought the game every year - but the last few years I've really struggled to get into a good game.

Just go through the first couple of seasons with Rangers, and as soon as you get money it becomes interesting. ;)

Im scotland atm and i've just been offered the Everton job in the 3rd season and dont know wether to take it or just concentrate on getting Scotland to the world cup, the Everton squads shit and they are in 18th :ohmy:

You can do both at the same time can't you?

Motherwell,Hibs or Hearts :)

You can do both at the same time can't you?

Aye thats what i ended up doing (tu) Everton are so bad though, Moyes has run them into the ground and they were in 18th when i took over but i managed to sign Elano, Affelay and Danny. James Vaughan and someone called Sow are the only strikers :(

I had a good game with Burnley, decent sqaud and if you get promoted you get a fair bit of money.

Decided to start a new game with Hearts to give me a proper challenge after I got bored with my Rangers and Real Madrid saves.

Came 4th in my first season to qualify for Europa League 2nd Qualifier round. Unfortunately the scum won the league :mad: and Rangers came 3rd behind Dundee Utd :anguish: . The team for my first season was

MacDonald

Thomson Webster Zaulikas Wallace

Hemdani

Jonsson Palazeous(sp)

Templeton :praise: Skacel

Elliot

The board decided to increase my wage budget to 100,000 and Tynecastle extended to 19000. Made some big signings during the transfer window on free transfers - Gudjohnsen, Raul Tamudo, Conway, Logan, Sol Campbell, Kovermans, Van Laak and a couple of other youngsters. Rejecting all bids for Wallace, Jonsson and Templeton to see how good the team can become.

Will update as I progress through second season

Lionel Messi withdrew from Argentina squad for their upcoming game... up steps the replacement... to hopefully make his first cap for Argentina... Diego Buonanotte!

League stats: 12 goals and 15 assista in 28 games in his first season, 9 goals 15 assists in 31 appearances in his second season and has started the new season with 4 goals 5 assists in 5 games!

His impact for me in Europe has been just as good!

on ma 2nd season with rangers got woodgate bartley hargreaves all on frees james morrison and kranjcar for about 3 mil each and a wee 18 year old brazilian called lucas for about 8 mil just beat real madrid 1-0 in the champions league would recommend itay shechter to partner leigh griffiths

Roma must be gash, Dundee UTD knocked them out of the Europa league qualifiers in my game!

That was last 16 of CL and tbh if it wasn't for their keeper it would have been about 10 to us and my keeper blundered their goal into his own net, doh:D