Much Edu about nothing...

Del

Maybe its just me but every other thread after a game seems to be praising what a brilliant player Edu has been for us this season.

Apart from 1-2 games, even at that its moments in games not even full games, i think he has been really pretty poor.

Theres no doubt hes fast, got a good engine etc but i just dont see what the big deal is about him.

There is a difference between slowing the game down and keeping possession and having to slow it down to work out what to do, and i think Edu does the latter far too often!

Rather than take a touch in the direction he wants to go then pass he seems to want 2 or 3 touches then eventually he passes the ball, im not posting this after tonight's gaame, which again for me he was terrible and should have been brought offf much sooner, ive felt that for a while hes been running around doing not a lot to be honest.

His goal was great against ICT no doubt about it, he was good for about 20mins in the celtic game at the start of the 2nd half and against Valencia at Ibrox he was unlucky not to get another goal but in that same game he constantly lost the ball or put people under pressure with stupid passes.

Im hoping he does come good because weve not got someone like him in our team with his pace and drive(Davis aside) but i just dont see the same Edu everyone else seems to be...

It's all very well pointing this out. Most folk can see it. We can all discuss our players not being good enough to compete in the CL but unfortunately we just can't financially cope.

The players we've got are the best we have got, and until we get any sort of money to strengthen the team we're just going to have to stick by them.

It's all very well pointing this out. Most folk can see it. We can all discuss our players not being good enough to compete in the CL but unfortunately we just can't financially cope.

The players we've got are the best we have got, and until we get any sort of money to strengthen the team we're just going to have to stick by them.

Noone has said we expect him to go out and single-handedly boss the midfield in the any game never mind in the CL.

All i was saying in the OP is that i dont see why people are praising him so much when he has been average for most of the season.

Noone has said we expect him to go out and single-handedly boss the midfield in the any game never mind in the CL.

All i was saying in the OP is that i dont see why people are praising him so much when he has been average for most of the season.

I wasn't saying that Edu is going to boss the midfield. I'm in agreement with you, I'm just pointing out that he's the best we've got unfortunately.

Maybe its just me but every other thread after a game seems to be praising what a brilliant player Edu has been for us this season.

Apart from 1-2 games, even at that its moments in games not even full games, i think he has been really pretty poor.

Theres no doubt hes fast, got a good engine etc but i just dont see what the big deal is about him.

There is a difference between slowing the game down and keeping possession and having to slow it down to work out what to do, and i think Edu does the latter far too often!

Rather than take a touch in the direction he wants to go then pass he seems to want 2 or 3 touches then eventually he passes the ball, im not posting this after tonight's gaame, which again for me he was terrible and should have been brought offf much sooner, ive felt that for a while hes been running around doing not a lot to be honest.

His goal was great against ICT no doubt about it, he was good for about 20mins in the celtic game at the start of the 2nd half and against Valencia at Ibrox he was unlucky not to get another goal but in that same game he constantly lost the ball or put people under pressure with stupid passes.

Im hoping he does come good because weve not got someone like him in our team with his pace and drive(Davis aside) but i just dont see the same Edu everyone else seems to be...

You and I must read different threads because everytime I open up one about Edu it's somebody ripping on him :lol: He's the new scapegoat on here it seems

You and I must read different threads because everytime I open up one about Edu it's somebody ripping on him :lol: He's the new scapegoat on here it seems

It changes every now and then. :lol:

Sometimes it's Whittaker, the next it's McCulloch. It just depends on who has had a rotten bit of form.

I think everyone has a different player as the scapegoat depending on what team Walter picks :sherlock:

On a serious note though in the past 3-4 days with ICT game and tonight again more threads have been appearing questioning his performances but a quick search and you see quotes like, " hes been a breath of fresh air", "people praise Naismith but Edu is the real gem of the season"

Talking about Scapegoats does that mean Broadfoot, Whittaker, Lafferty and "enter name of player who got <6 on the sun player ratings" are off the hook :craphead:

It changes every now and then. :lol:

Sometimes it's Whittaker, the next it's McCulloch. It just depends on who has had a rotten bit of form.

I forgot to include Big Jig in my list of potential scapegoats haha

We were very unlucky tonight. Until they hit their 2nd goal I thought we had been the better team over both legs.

If only wee Naisys strike off the post in the first half had gone in we might be talking about a superb result and performance instead of looking for scapegoats. :disappointment:

Valencia were good but they got the breaks tonight and wee didn't. We move on and it is still all to play for in this group and I for one still think we will reach the last 16. (tu)

That is the bottom line of it. Rangers have competed very well in the CL this season but the truth is, there is a huge gap in european football at the moment.

I think we were outsmarted last night, Valencia didn't go down the middle much which they did in the first game. They used the flanks effectively therefore Edu and Mcculloch didn't see much of the ball.

Last night it was obvious the guy wasn't fit. Dunno why Walter even started him. Looked half a yard off the pace all night. Chasing shadows.

I like the guy but I do think sometimes he is a bit naive and he takes too much time on the ball. But other than that, he gets in about it, scores some goals and with time he'll be a better player.

At times im really impressed with Edu but then the next minute he looks piss poor! If he is to become a top player for us he will have to work on his consistency, however he is a young guy with still a fair bit to learn! (tu)