Derek Johnstone

I knew Derek through his brother Ian when he was only 16. Although he had signed for us he was a red hot Dundee Utd fan but a good lad.He got me tickets for every match in our ECWC success but I left Scotland the following year to work abroad.I havent seen him since but I would imagine nowadays its all about trying to come across as impartial unlike the ex dhims in the Media who leave us in no doubt as to where their loyalties lie. Mind you we always had more class than that lot.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why ever since he left us, does he not like us anymore ?

every time I hear him talk about us on Clyde, he runs us down.

did something happen at the Club, behind the scenes ?

Real Rangers man, Derek ? don't make me laugh.

None of us are laughing DM.

He really has no idea what a pure muppet he is making of himself being used as a puppet.

An example...

"So Derek what do you think of this newly formed Rangers Trust" ?

"I dont like it"

"But Derek you told me earlier you knew nothing about the Trust"

"I dont... but I know I dont like it"

None of us are laughing DM.

He really has no idea what a pure muppet he is making of himself being used as a puppet.

An example...

"So Derek what do you think of this newly formed Rangers Trust" ?

"I dont like it"

"But Derek you told me earlier you knew nothing about the Trust"

"I dont... but I know I dont like it"

That sounds like it's from Only An Excuse. :lol:

It dismays me some of the comments on here about a player aged 16 that played for our club and went on to play in our ONLY european cup sucess ?

I grew up in that era and moved to england as a kid after we won the cwcf in 72 .

Im not interested in what he has said about rangers since he did the buisness as a kid when jonny foreigners now cant or never could.

The boy should have got more caps for scotland but was ovelooked by willie ormond at the time despite scoring for fun for our club.

How anyone can say he doesnt care about our club is beyond me its radio and robbie savage talks so much S***e

what has he done compared to DJ ?

Hes a Dundee Utd fan, employed by Radio Cattolica to be the token, Rangers man, hes no Rangers man in my mind, hes a puppet for the Radio Clyde agenda. A fool who knows nothing about our club, our fans and has got a few eggs on his face like "Scott Brown signing for Rangers guaranteed", "Dave King has made a bid for Rangers, im certain of it" and "The takeover of Rangers will be complete with the next few weeks" That statement coming last year! Hes knows nothing.

Heard a rumour he only accepted to come back to the club when he was a player if we made him captain, not sure how much truth is in that, did he even play for us twice? My dad told me this.

If he stood up for the club and fans working for his current employers he would be out a job. Simple.

I am gobsmacked - How anyone can say derek johnstone is not rangers minded played in our only european sucess .

He would rather have played for berwick rangers according to the know alls .

You have freedom of speech - fair enough but whilst dalglish was putting it past us did he give a second glance to his rangers posters on his wall !

I havent heard this radio station to be fair and if he has made comments not faviourable recently - that is his choice but it has to be better than listening

to charlie nicholas @ cetic.co.ireland

I am gobsmacked - How anyone can say derek johnstone is not rangers minded played in our only european sucess .

He would rather have played for berwick rangers according to the know alls .

You have freedom of speech - fair enough but whilst dalglish was putting it past us did he give a second glance to his rangers posters on his wall !

I havent heard this radio station to be fair and if he has made comments not faviourable recently - that is his choice but it has to be better than listening

to charlie nicholas @ cetic.co.ireland

Can you explain how this all of a sudden makes him Rangers minded,bear in mind I think he is a Rangers man I just think that's a ridiculous comment,

You also say you haven't listened to the radio station so are you in any position to slag the people that have?

It dismays me some of the comments on here about a player aged 16 that played for our club and went on to play in our ONLY european cup sucess ?

I grew up in that era and moved to england as a kid after we won the cwcf in 72 .

Im not interested in what he has said about rangers since he did the buisness as a kid when jonny foreigners now cant or never could.

The boy should have got more caps for scotland but was ovelooked by willie ormond at the time despite scoring for fun for our club.

How anyone can say he doesnt care about our club is beyond me its radio and robbie savage talks so much S***e

what has he done compared to DJ ?

Savage is a tosser of the highest order

I havent heard the radio station due to living on the other side and I accept that whatever he has come out with

It is news to me - he is in a job to be contreversional who knows .

I dont like the fact that any player that played for rangers in our greatest moment though be slated as its not right.

I respect your view and i cant get that radio staion where im at - but he is part of our great history and in barcelona 72 did his talking on the park.

What Uncle Tom said in the Evening Times a couple of weeks ago.

1) Stokes wasn't a sending off.

2) Cully should have walked.

3) It wasn't a penalty (why not DJ?).

No mention of the assaults from Sam'sanarse, Ki or Loovens.

DJ you're a fuckin' disgrace

I havent heard the radio station due to living on the other side and I accept that whatever he has come out with

It is news to me - he is in a job to be contreversional who knows .

I dont like the fact that any player that played for rangers in our greatest moment though be slated as its not right.

I respect your view and i cant get that radio staion where im at - but he is part of our great history and in barcelona 72 did his talking on the park.

That's fair enough I'm not going to slate you for being unable to listen to it I just think the line you wrote was flawed.

In my opinion he tries too hard not to favour Rangers and ends up looking anti-Rangers .

(tu) i cant stand listening to him at least guidi and the likes are tims and you can understand their bias because everyone is slightly biased

He still saying the club's on the verge of a takeover?

Thats another thing, he doesnt have a clue , all last season he was saying how we were dead close to a takeover , kept changing the dates, first it was by the new year then by the end of january then the end of the season blah blah blah load of bollocks so it was. If you dont know something dont keep saying it and making yourself look like a tit

Didn't see that Minst.

That just seems way OTT,there's being impartial and there's being stupid.

I couldn't say stuff like that about Rangers and I haven't played for them.

Money talks eh.

That's fair enough I'm not going to slate you for being unable to listen to it I just think the line you wrote was flawed.

In my opinion he tries too hard not to favour Rangers and ends up looking anti-Rangers .

no problem pal - respect

you have that radio coverage i havent and fair enough if you think he has gone overboard in his views . then you tell it

The oldies fans respect the achievements that we have made and would die for a derek johnstone who actually was brilliant as a center half and center forward -

that was the days though when players where players and not out for the money .

no problem pal - respect

you have that radio coverage i havent and fair enough if you think he has gone overboard in his views . then you tell it

The oldies fans respect the achievements that we have made and would die for a derek johnstone who actually was brilliant as a center half and center forward -

that was the days though when players where players and not out for the money .

I think he's shit scared he will lose his job of he shows his leanings towards us but it didn't stop Walker or Provan showing their love for the tims.

It is all about money,Hateley's had a go at us a few times in the Daily Record amongst others.

Only one I can think of that hasn't is Andy Goram,fucking bleeds blue.