banner for next celtic game

t13ctm

dont know how this will go down with you guys 'i have just been on wikipedia AFTER SEARCHING celtic fc and world war one .. somthing like seven celtic players died in the somme so i thought some one could do a banner along the lines of

:tank::tank: THANKS TO WILLIAM ANGUS V.C.. LEIGH ROOS ,PATRICK SLAVEN ,JOHN MCLAUGHLAN,PETER JOHNSTONE,ARCHIE MCMILLAN,DONALD MCLEOD,ROBERT CRAIG,. ALL VOLUNTEERS ALL DIED FOR OUR FREEDOM ON THE SOMME ALL CELTIC FC . IF YOU KNOW YOUR HISTORY . :tank::tank:

WOULD A BANNER LIKE THIS OR SOMTHING LIKE IT NOT GIVE THEM A RIGHT GOOD SHOWING UP AT THE NEXT OLD FIRM GAME . WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS FOLKS . WATP.

post-46207-061945200 1289149226_thumb.jp

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think this wouldn't be a bad idea for a game around Remembrance day but I'd rather not in January, especially on the Ibrox disaster anniversary. It's not a day for showing anybody up, even if they deserve it.

Aye - lets use the Poppy and the dead to score cheap points against them. :anguish:

It's no point scoring, It's simply letting celtic fans know some of they're very own players died in a war they seem to hate so much.

I actually think this wouldn't be a bad idea for a game around Remembrance day but I'd rather not in January, especially on the Ibrox disaster anniversary. It's not a day for showing anybody up, even if they deserve it.

This.

Show our respect to the fallen and wipe them right off the fucking park n give them a right good pasting.

Aye - lets use the Poppy and the dead to score cheap points against them. :anguish:

THATS A WEE BIT OF A CHEAP DIG IN ITS SELF MATE' ITS MEANT TO BE A THANKS BECAUSE WE ARE GRATEFULL BUT ALSO A WAY OF SHOWING WE ARE PROUD AND THANKFULL OF ALL OUR COMMONWEALTH SERVICMENS SACRIFICE ITS MERLEY STATING A FACT .

INTERESTING REPLYS SO FAR THANKS .its just that i am sick of the stupidity thrown at poppy day by these scumbags its a way of remembering those who gave their lives for us . BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY ITS REALLY A DAY ABOUT PEACE AND THAT BY REMEMBERING THEM WE WILL REFRIAN FROMEVER LETTING IT HAPPEN AGAIN. :( POPPY DAY IS A DAY FOR THE PROMOTION OF PEACE NOT FOR GLORYFYING WAR. ;)

THATS A WEE BIT OF A CHEAP DIG IN ITS SELF MATE' ITS MEANT TO BE A THANKS BECAUSE WE ARE GRATEFULL BUT ALSO A WAY OF SHOWING WE ARE PROUD AND THANKFULL OF ALL OUR COMMONWEALTH SERVICMENS SACRIFICE ITS MERLEY STATING A FACT .

No need to shout:rolleyes: - But it comes across as cheap point scoring - there are many ways we should, do and will show support for our service men and women (which I appreciate as I was 6 years in the army) BUT this type of point scoring is not for me.

:clap: fair point there i must say .

No need to shout:rolleyes: - But it comes across as cheap point scoring - there are many ways we should, do and will show support for our service men and women (which I appreciate as I was 6 years in the army) BUT this type of point scoring is not for me.

sorry didnt mean to write in capitals also didnt know it was counted as shouting . dohdoh

It's no point scoring, It's simply letting celtic fans know some of they're very own players died in a war they seem to hate so much.

its just us helping them with their education its clear they dont get one in their schools . :sherlock:

The idea proves a very gd point... however it's not something I condone in the slightest. The 11th of nov is a time to remember our fallen dead (and not to forget Germanys fallen, lots of whom where not Nazis but ordinary soldiers with orders from above to follow). It's not a time to pointscore, I would hope our supporters and supporters groups do not go down this rd of these type of banners. We should never stoop to the level of Celtic fc. Their behaviour disgusts me at times

The idea proves a very gd point... however it's not something I condone in the slightest. The 11th of nov is a time to remember our fallen dead (and not to forget Germanys fallen, lots of whom where not Nazis but ordinary soldiers with orders from above to follow). It's not a time to pointscore, I would hope our supporters and supporters groups do not go down this rd of these type of banners. We should never stoop to the level of Celtic fc. Their behaviour disgusts me at times

although i posted this but i am now coming round to your way of thinking . however i do stand by some of the points i made i.e. we will remember them all of them and never let it happen again. it just got up my nose how they can get away with thier banners and songs etc etc at celtic (tgfitw)

January is all about the Ibrox disaster. Forget them if you can. They are a complete pile of sh*te. That banner yesterday is one of the most disgraceful banners I've ever seen.

And condoned by CFC since they don't want to upset the 'Green Brigade'. Disgusting.. We don't need banners although I agree with the sentiment.

We have our integrity.

GSTQ. (tu)

dont know how this will go down with you guys 'i have just been on wikipedia AFTER SEARCHING celtic fc and world war one .. somthing like seven celtic players died in the somme so i thought some one could do a banner along the lines of

:tank::tank: THANKS TO WILLIAM ANGUS V.C.. LEIGH ROOS ,PATRICK SLAVEN ,JOHN MCLAUGHLAN,PETER JOHNSTONE,ARCHIE MCMILLAN,DONALD MCLEOD,ROBERT CRAIG,. ALL VOLUNTEERS ALL DIED FOR OUR FREEDOM ON THE SOMME ALL CELTIC FC . IF YOU KNOW YOUR HISTORY . :tank::tank:

WOULD A BANNER LIKE THIS OR SOMTHING LIKE IT NOT GIVE THEM A RIGHT GOOD SHOWING UP AT THE NEXT OLD FIRM GAME . WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS FOLKS . WATP.

Whilst I appreciate your idea t13 it should not be Rangers or their support who respond to that disgusting banner at Parkhead yesterday.

It should be the whole of the country - our politicians, our media our social commentators who take Celtic FC to task over this.

Whilst I appreciate your idea t13 it should not be Rangers or their support who respond to that disgusting banner at Parkhead yesterday.

It should be the whole of the country - our politicians, our media our social commentators who take Celtic FC to task over this.

.. and on that I 100% agree wit D'art!!