Green Brigade Banned?

Adoniram

Celtic FC have promised to ban those responsible for the disgusting Poppy banners unfurled at the game on Saturday.

Purely a guess here but does anyone seriously think they will ban ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ or is it more likely that 2 or "sacrificial lambs" will be traded off to allow them to continue peddling their filth and take the media heat off the club?

After all they know who they are given the fact they moved ST holders out of their seats to accomodate them all??

Or will Reid or the unnamed spokesman say that "Despite extensive enquiries we were unable to trace exactly who brought the banners in to Celtic Park.IN light of this the GB have been heavily censured and warned as to their future conduct.Also every banner will be checked by Police and Security before being allowed in to Celtic Park.It is regrettable that a small minority of Celtic fans besmirched our good name etc etc etc.

In other words there is no way theu will risk open warfare by banning ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ lock stock and barrel.

Me thinks there is a game of chess going on behind the scenes with the SFA/SPL and the filth about referee's,coin and missile throwing and the bannergate saga.

A couple of sacrificial lambs will get their Season books taken off them - end of story.

Naaa one of the guys in my school goes on the GB site and says if one leaves, they all leave so will be interesting to see what happens. Funny as fuck if they all get banned hahaha

Naaa one of the guys in my school goes on the GB site and says if one leaves, they all leave so will be interesting to see what happens. Funny as fuck if they all get banned hahaha

Aye, but what people spout on a Message Board and what they do in real life are two different things.

Those running the club share the same core values as the group. They will be loathe to ban them, but need to manage the PR situation to take the heat off themselves. Token censures will be the order of the day, along with a nod and a wink..

If there's even a hint of truth in that, then Celtic's job has just became very easy (if they are serious, that is)

Aye, but what people spout on a Message Board and what they do in real life are two different things.

To be fair, I wouldn't be suprised at all.

If something like this does happen, I can see the GB going to support some small amateur team.

But I don't think anyone will be banned. In the words of another Celtic fan if the ban any GB members 'they will have a fight on their hands'.

Those running the club share the same core values as the group. They will be loathe to ban them, but need to manage the PR situation to take the heat off themselves. Token censures will be the order of the day, along with a nod and a wink..

If you can take a golf club to a referee's windows and not be banned then i don't think holding up a banner is going to get you banned either.

A couple of "Lee Harvey Oswalds" to feed to the media and then we move on to quote a certain Paul Cooney

What ever happened about the teen brigades banner not so long ago that depicted Ibrox, home of 'h*** FC' Burning to the ground with the call to lets go to war?

Very appropriate for a football match. I'm sure the police were investigating this at the time...

Sweep Sweep?

What ever happened about the teen brigades banner not so long ago that depicted Ibrox, home of 'h*** FC' Burning to the ground with the call to lets go to war?

Very appropriate for a football match. I'm sure the police were investigating this at the time...

Sweep Sweep?

Or the one which said F**k the H*ns?