Salim Kerkar in squad to face Kilmarnock

LegendofCoop

He turned 16 in October 2001, 5 months before Walter was sacked

At that moment in time he would still be expected to be in full time education until the last Friday in the June of 2002, he could, around April of 2002, leave school for work experience of study leave, but he wouldn't officially leave school until the June.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rooney began playing for Liverpool Schoolboys and at the age of 10 was signed on schoolboy terms by Everton F.C.[8] After scoring in an FA Youth Cup match, he revealed a T-shirt under his jersey that read, "Once a Blue, always a Blue."[9] Since he was under 17 at the time and therefore ineligible for a professional contract, he was playing for £80 a week and living with his family on one of the country's most deprived council estates.

There yae go, now stop acting like a fucking beadrattler

Rooney began playing for Liverpool Schoolboys and at the age of 10 was signed on schoolboy terms by Everton F.C.[8] After scoring in an FA Youth Cup match, he revealed a T-shirt under his jersey that read, "Once a Blue, always a Blue."[9] Since he was under 17 at the time and therefore ineligible for a professional contract, he was playing for £80 a week and living with his family on one of the country's most deprived council estates.

There yae go, now stop acting like a fucking beadrattler

He was 16 when he made his Everton debut

He was 16 when he was first on the Everton bench

And he was 16 for the 5 months before Walter Smith was sacked

You complete and utter cunt

Broadfoot was injured and McCulloch had continually proved himself woeful at centre half, culminating in the Unirea horrorshow

wilson was all over the place v svilla but retained his place.

right i am bored of this now if all you have is wilson your not even close to a sensible argument i am out.

if you don think he gives yout a chance check todays record john fleck disagrees.

He made his official debut in the August 2002, now the rules stated you had to be 17 or had left school. So eitha Wayne had left school or the rules had been relaxed.

Anyway stop acting like a wee fucking scrotum and act like a Rangers fan instead of a deprived wee taig,

Lads, open debate is fine, but quit it with the personal insults, if you want to do that then do it by PM and keep it of the board.

3 times in the last 15 minutes, this RFC72 guy has inferred that i am a Celtic fan simply because he disagrees with my opinion. This sort of shit should be stamped out.

yes but he was still at school,

its not his age that was the issue its the school thing. anyway the fact he never played a 16 year old is hardly proof of anything.

he made fleck the youngest player ever to play in a cup final

Serious question

If we had beaten Unirea at Ibrox, do you still believe that McCulloch would've been dropped to accomodate Wilson?

if wilson was better than mculloch he would have played other wise no.

as i say age is not the issue its whos better.

plain and simple the better player plays regardless of age.

find me a good player whos not getting a chance.

He made his official debut in the August 2002, now the rules stated you had to be 17 or had left school. So eitha Wayne had left school or the rules had been relaxed.

Anyway stop acting like a wee fucking scrotum and act like a Rangers fan instead of a deprived wee taig,

Both of you in a way are correct, he had to wait until he was 17 to get the wages of a professional footballer, that is why he could only get £80 a week, this doesn't stop him being named in any squad or even playing, as mentioned about being on the bench in April.

Education wise, he would have been only started year 11 when he turned 16 so would have to officially stay at school until the end of that academic year, but around April time he could get away with disappearing from school for work experience etc so no rules would have been relaxed.

3 times in the last 15 minutes, this RFC72 guy has inferred that i am a Celtic fan simply because he disagrees with my opinion. This sort of shit should be stamped out.

I have said your acting like not actually said you are a tim. You seem a right cheeky cunt who wants to slate Walter Smith over Wayne Rooney ffs.

Both of you in a way are correct, he had to wait until he was 17 to get the wages of a professional footballer, that is why he could only get £80 a week, this doesn't stop him being named in any squad or even playing, as mentioned about being on the bench in April.

Education wise, he would have been only started year 11 when he turned 16 so would have to officially stay at school until the end of that academic year, but around April time he could get away with disappearing from school for work experience etc so no rules would have been relaxed.

The argument is tedious in the extreme

The person who brought it up claimed that Walter Smith gave Rooney his big break. No matter the reason, this is an out and out lie.

He was still at school when Moyes first put him on the bench in April 2002

Mate, I really think you should read the posts I've made regarding this and how it could happen, and for your information I work for an education authority in England, I think there are some differences to the legislation in England compared to Scotland.

I have said your acting like not actually said you are a tim. You seem a right cheeky cunt who wants to slate Walter Smith over Wayne Rooney ffs.

If someone talks shite or blatantly lies in a bid to enhance their argument, i will pounce on it

If i said something like "Dick Advocaat brought through Alan Hutton" i would expect to be pounced upon for lying or talking nonsense

No, what he suggested was that Walter wanted to give Rooney his debut but couldn't because of the law.

Check the first post i quoted in this thread. He specifically states that it was Walter Smith who brought through Rooney

If someone talks shite or blatantly lies in a bid to enhance their argument, i will pounce on it

If i said something like "Dick Advocaat brought through Alan Hutton" i would expect to be pounced upon for lying or talking nonsense

Did he :dry: .... I Don't Believe You :pipe:

Mate, I really think you should read the posts I've made regarding this and how it could happen, and for your information I work for an education authority in England, I think there are some differences to the legislation in England compared to Scotland.

It makes no sense

Rooney would've been doing his GCSEs in May and June 2002 yet was on the bench for Everton in April 2002. If there was a rule in place that stopped 16 year olds playing in the EPL, then would this seriously be dropped because the boy was "on work experience" ?