An on-the-pavement lecture from 'The Legend'

CanadianBacon

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An on-the-pavement lecture from ‘The Legend’:

“Right you hic... hic... Mr Streaky from Ontario...now... burp...I always walk on the pavement after... imbibing... and i’m a leg-...a leg-.. a leg-.... I used tae play fur the club...oh the windmills are blue...”

Therein lies the rub. If it was that important to them they'd make sure that the programme seller was permanently moved away from the statue - she's even closer than I am.

They don't, so what does that tell you?

That the club program isn't printing stuff which is highlighting Murrays failures?

Perhaps it is disrespectful to stand at the memorial to our disasters smoking, selling etc. and perhaps Greig is extremly mindful that the anniversary is upon us and thinks Bears should show due respect - and thus stands up for his principles by telling you to 'jog on' ? as someone said - always 2 sides to a story.

@BP9, except for the fact that he doesnt stand right by the statue usually CB can be found standing on the road selling it or at best on the edge of the pavement. Obviously I have never stood and watched him selling number 1 for any length of time but he is always there when I see him.

Perhaps it is disrespectful to stand at the memorial to our disasters smoking, selling etc. and perhaps Greig is extremly mindful that the anniversary is upon us and thinks Bears should show due respect - and thus stands up for his principles by telling you to 'jog on' ? as someone said - always 2 sides to a story.

What's disrespectful about selling a fanzine?

Really?? What's disrespectful about a Rangers supporter selling Rangers related issues at a Rangers monument?

The Legend who`s statue you clearly disagree with helped carry stretchers with injured and dying Rangers supporters away from the worst football disaster of the time. Maybe these thing dont count when there money to be made right enough.

If you feel you have the right to stand on "The Queens Highway" and sell your publication, try it on the London Road and see the reaction you get.

You wouldnt have the balls.

The Legend who`s statue you clearly disagree with helped carry stretchers with injured and dying Rangers supporters away from the worst football disaster of the time. Maybe these thing dont count when there money to be made right enough.

If you feel you have the right to stand on "The Queens Highway" and sell your publication, try it on the London Road and see the reaction you get.

You wouldnt have the balls.

ive seen the OP selling said publication on london road so stick that in your pipe and smoke it :D

as for the OP wait till youve had the Jardine/Greig double and come back to me

ive seen the OP selling said publication on london road so stick that in your pipe and smoke it :D

as for the OP wait till youve had the Jardine/Greig double and come back to me

Having spoke to Jardine in length but not Greig I cant claim to have any knowledge about Griegs attributes but Jardine seemed a very amicable embassador for Rangers Fc. Sometimes when East meets West there are obvious differences in the perception of people. Infact I personnaly think Greig comes across as a bit of an arrogant cunt in interveiws etc but to slate him on here is poor IMO. The guys been through more at Ibrox than most will ever be.

I dont smoke a pipe mate but I am pretty sure you seen the fella selling the fanzine on London Road when Rangers where visiting. Try that when the plastic paddy`s are playing anyone else and I am sure the argument " its the Queens Highway" would be shoved where the sun dont shine.

Can't say I understand the disrespectful argument. You've sold the fanzine on that spot (away from the statue at the side of the road) for years. To accuse you of being disrespectful is actually quite insulting. You're an honest Rangers man selling a good publication to other honest Rangers fans. I cannot understand why they are making an issue out of this?

But the book he sells has very bad words in it.If that's not being disrespectful then i don't know what is. <cr>

Having spoke to Jardine in length but not Greig I cant claim to have any knowledge about Griegs attributes but Jardine seemed a very amicable embassador for Rangers Fc. Sometimes when East meets West there are obvious differences in the perception of people. Infact I personnaly think Greig comes across as a bit of an arrogant cunt in interveiws etc but to slate him on here is poor IMO. The guys been through more at Ibrox than most will ever be.

I dont smoke a pipe mate but I am pretty sure you seen the fella selling the fanzine on London Road when Rangers where visiting. Try that when the plastic paddy`s are playing anyone else and I am sure the argument " its the Queens Highway" would be shoved where the sun dont shine.

ive met jardine on 3 occasions and each time hes behaved like a complete tool

first time was abroad and i was sat in bar minding my own business, he comes over and said to our group, dont even bother coming to the team hotel as the reception was for only fans who travelled on the team flight

point 1 -our group never even knew the team was having a reception for anyone

point 2 - i wouldrather sit with my mates than go and pester players for autographs/photos

second time were again away to europe and on 1 occasion-think it was beiter jerusalem he said that we were told not to travel and shouldnt have been there

some ambassador- but i wasnt wearing a skirt

third time- my mate ran a scottish bar in gran canaria and we met him whilst he was on holiday, so my mate said he would be honoured if jardine could pop upstairs to get a photo/drink with him as it was a rangers pub

his reply and i never forget the words" i cant be arsed with all that pish" and stayed sat in the bar he was in

ive met jardine on 3 occasions and each time hes behaved like a complete tool

first time was abroad and i was sat in bar minding my own business, he comes over and said to our group, dont even bother coming to the team hotel as the reception was for only fans who travelled on the team flight

point 1 -our group never even knew the team was having a reception for anyone

point 2 - i wouldrather sit with my mates than go and pester players for autographs/photos

second time were again away to europe and on 1 occasion-think it was beiter jerusalem he said that we were told not to travel and shouldnt have been there

some ambassador- but i wasnt wearing a skirt

third time- my mate ran a scottish bar in gran canaria and we met him whilst he was on holiday, so my mate said he would be honoured if jardine could pop upstairs to get a photo/drink with him as it was a rangers pub

his reply and i never forget the words" i cant be arsed with all that pish" and stayed sat in the bar he was in

What an utter tosspot.

John Greig came to my daughters school a few years ago - she had no idea who he was - she came home really excited about meeting him as he was pretty inspirational about sport and sporting ambition etc. she said he was really helpfull and answered lots of questions and had only been scheduled to stay 30 min but stayed for over 2 hours. Given his Rangers status and that interaction with my daughters school it seems sad that this thread kinda besmirches him. Still I am sure CB is a good man as well - but shame CB has 'gone public' on this in this manner and for others to leap aboard the critisism bandwagon is sad really. We do like to build them up to knock them down.