Refs vote to go on strike

tangledupinblue

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's clever stuff I think.

What an easy, easy get out for 666fc to play on the emotions of the collective paranoia in their filthy support by diverting attention away from their failures to provide a team good enough.

Indeed...Its their lifelong, tried and tested method of "Deflect and deny".

I've already had my say on this subject on a general football forum which includes Celtic fans whom I was replying to, so I'll just repost here :)

I can't believe Celtic fans are still defending Lennon over this. I'd be embarassed if this was the manager of my team. He acts like a child on the touchline, screaming in the fourth officials face and generally instigating trouble.

It's gone too far. The referee may have made a mess of the decision at Tannadice, but in the end he got it RIGHT. It's not as if the 'lie' was a lie in the sense of 'I hate Celtic, I'll give a decision against them'. He made a wrong decision and covered his arse by talking to his linesman. Big deal. Celtic actually won this game, why are they still crying about it.

Also, this claim that I've been hearing about Hooper being booked in every game since he criticised refs is just ridiculous.

Now no doubt we'll have accusations that the refs are striking to help Rangers now because Rangers are playing midweek. Nope, I'm afraid that's Lennon who's doing that. Cheers Ginger, we owe you one

This establishment nonsense really does make my blood boil. Are some people really that thick that they believe the whole of the footballing world is against them? Dougie McDonald's 'lie' did not bloody change the game.

The lie : I gave the decision, but decided to consult with my linesman and he convinced me it was not a penalty. Result - No penalty awarded

The truth : I gave the decision, but probably a little too quickly. Upon reflection I decided that it was not a penalty, but went over to talk to my linesman to make it look like he had spotted something I hadn't. Result - No penalty.

I'm right by the referees. Tbh, I hope they just accept every game apart from Celtic's.

Talking of establishments, did anyone hear that halfwit freelance journalist on TalkSport earlier who just happened to have shares in Celtic. He suggested that referees have been against Celtic in OF games since records began (may I remind you that Celtic have been awarded more penalties and Rangers have received more YC + RC). He also suggested that Celtic move to the premiership and leave Rangers up here

Link

This is a freelance journalist of such quality that he was reduced to phoning in to TalkSport and Real Radio previously if I recall (where he has been banned)

I'm led to believe that he's been asking for donations since no one is printing anything he writes :LL

Name is Phil McGillivan, but he goes by the alter ego Phil - The Failed Journalist. Classy eh?

His website caption is "

Phil - The Failed Journalist - Campaigning journalist on issue of social justice and equality". In other words, he's writing articles about how the Poppy is divisive and basically supporting ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ. A bit of a knob, sensible Celtic fans (:rolleyes:) will agree, I'm sure

Got that out my system now:#

Can anyone please please please tell me what the refs are wanting to make them stop their strike?

I dont have a clue and i'm pretty sure the refs dont even know what they want either.

Do they think the scum are gonae come out and appologise or something?

I agree with the refs bein pissed off but the SFA should have sacked McDonald. You can go about lying in a job thats fundamentally about being honest. And If all the refs are backing up a lier they should all be sacked. End of!! You all know youse would be equally angry if it happened to our team. If you dont, youre looking at it with blue tinted specks on

Can anyone please please please tell me what the refs are wanting to make them stop their strike?

I dont have a clue and i'm pretty sure the refs dont even know what they want either.

Do they think the scum are gonae come out and appologise or something?

I agree with the refs bein pissed off but the SFA should have sacked McDonald. You can go about lying in a job thats fundamentally about being honest. And If all the refs are backing up a lier they should all be sacked. End of!! You all know youse would be equally angry if it happened to our team. If you dont, youre looking at it with blue tinted specks on

Sounds Timmy. Youse eh?

It's like I say. The lie made no bloody difference. He wasn't giving a penalty anyway

Sounds Timmy. Youse eh?

It's like I say. The lie made no bloody difference. He wasn't giving a penalty anyway

I knew someone would say that, but I promise you am not a tim. I know I said what Dougie McDonald done was wrong but if I was in his position I would have probably have done the same. It probably happens all the time and nothing ever gets made of it. At the end of the day the guy made a mistake and sorted that mistake as quick as he made it. He just went about fixing it in the wrong way. At the end of the day the guys on the spot judgement was wrong and he gets paid for making on the spot judgements. I agree with the refs backing him up because they have all probably done it many times and got away with it, but he has been caught out doing it and he should have done the right thing and resigned. Now back to my original point, What are the refs wanting so they can put this to bed and get back to refereeing? Does anyone actually know?

I knew someone would say that, but I promise you am not a tim. I know I said what Dougie McDonald done was wrong but if I was in his position I would have probably have done the same. It probably happens all the time and nothing ever gets made of it. At the end of the day the guy made a mistake and sorted that mistake as quick as he made it. He just went about fixing it in the wrong way. At the end of the day the guys on the spot judgement was wrong and he gets paid for making on the spot judgements. I agree with the refs backing him up because they have all probably done it many times and got away with it, but he has been caught out doing it and he should have done the right thing and resigned. Now back to my original point, What are the refs wanting so they can put this to bed and get back to refereeing? Does anyone actually know?

Here dont go sayin a bad yin aboot our dougie :rolleyes:

BTW you do sound a bit fenianish!!!

He just went about fixing it in the wrong way. At the end of the day the guys on the spot judgement was wrong and he gets paid for making on the spot judgements.

But is it really worth him being lynched?

It's a good question, I've absolutely no idea what they want. I reckon they're just trying to make managers think twice before they heavily criticise them again, probably along with a public apology from Lennon (which they've no chance of getting I reckon)

But is it really worth him being lynched?

It's a good question, I've absolutely no idea what they want. I reckon they're just trying to make managers think twice before they heavily criticise them again, probably along with a public apology from Lennon (which they've no chance of getting I reckon)

Exactly! I would love to hear the refs side of the story. They need to let the refs be able to give reasons for the decisions that they make, If dougie McDonald was allowed to come out at the end of the game and say 'Right guys, I made a mistake. I blew my whistle too quickly, I didnt mean it. Sorry for that folks, It wont happen again.' None of this pish would be goin on rite now. Its understandable that he lied, most of us would have done the same.

Sorry for trying to look at it from both sides of the fence. But can you tell me why I'm wrong?

He was caught out doing what exactly? making the right decision??? He blew too quickly big woof BOTTOM LINE... he corrected his mistake and said he asked the linesman. whay should he resign over a white lie in the heat of the moment.

He was caught out doing what exactly? making the right decision??? He blew too quickly big woof BOTTOM LINE... he corrected his mistake and said he asked the linesman. whay should he resign over a white lie in the heat of the moment.

Thats not what happened. He realised he blew too quickly and reversed his decision. He then got his linesman to tell Lennon it was him who reversed the decision when infact it was McDonald who reversed the decision himself which was 'THE LIE' he didnt really do anything wrong, he just got the linesman to tell lennon it was him that made the decision to reverse it when it wasnt. Its still lying and refs cant do that

Thats not what happened. He realised he blew too quickly and reversed his decision. He then got his linesman to tell Lennon it was him who reversed the decision when infact it was McDonald who reversed the decision himself which was 'THE LIE' he didnt really do anything wrong, he just got the linesman to tell lennon it was him that made the decision to reverse it when it wasnt. Its still lying and refs cant do that

ah fuck yae then.

The whole situation is a fucking joke.

Easily solved, too.

1. Employ camera technology and implement it as they do in NFL. It wont be perfect, but a shite load better for refs than things as they stand today. Good enough for tennis, Cricket, NFl etc, etc but not good enough for fitba? A fucking joke.

2. Give the Refs the power that rugby refs have to sin-bin errant players.

3. Fucking hammer all players crowding and jostling referees over decisions. It would only take a few weeks of heavy duty suspensions before the current madness completely died. Crowd the Ref - instant red and a one match ban, touch the Ref - instant red and three match ban.

What we currently have in place is beyond a joke.

point 1 this would have to be very clearly defined in how and who made the call for a replay.

point 2 this could work for and against.players sitting in the sin bin being wound up by spectators/coaching staff and they come back on ready to kill.so unless the player was completly isolated there is room for ir to be abused by players.

point 3 refs already have these powers but if the spl/sfa issue the same directives as they do in the epl then the refs are left high and dry.in the epl they are told not to caution for dissent unless its a very last resort.ie if a player tells you your a fucking idiot you dont card him untill he has made the comment on at least 3 seperate incidents/occassions.and if the ref decides to ignore the directive and issue the cards then he will find himself getting dropped by the epl into the championship for a couple of weeks thus the epl dictate the behaviour code.and i imagine its the same in the spl.so it needs to be sorted and the refs backed by the spl/sfa and not left to accept this verbal assault from clubs.

The whole situation is a fucking joke.

Easily solved, too.

1. Employ camera technology and implement it as they do in NFL. It wont be perfect, but a shite load better for refs than things as they stand today. Good enough for tennis, Cricket, NFl etc, etc but not good enough for fitba? A fucking joke.

2. Give the Refs the power that rugby refs have to sin-bin errant players.

3. Fucking hammer all players crowding and jostling referees over decisions. It would only take a few weeks of heavy duty suspensions before the current madness completely died. Crowd the Ref - instant red and a one match ban, touch the Ref - instant red and three match ban.

What we currently have in place is beyond a joke.

I have mixed feelings about NFL video technology. Where do you draw the line, American football is a game that lasts for 60 mins. The ball is actually in play for 7-9 mins snap to blown dead and it takes 3-4 hours to complete. The stop start nature of the game allows for video technology. Football is not like that, football fans want action all the time. If you have ever been to a NFL game live you will know that a large part of the time you are at the bar or talking to someone because the players are standing around waiting for decisions to be made, not to mention commercials. After saying that I think I would give it a try for goal line and penalties only.

Certain managers (Lennon and McGhee) are using the refs as scapegoats for their own inadequate performances and that of their teams.

What the refs are doing is quite rightly trying to stem this tide of paranoid criticism before it becomes the default position of any manager whose team has fucked up.

The Joe Ledley sending off was a prime example

If this happens, they will say the refs are doing this so our players (and small squad) can have a rest.

I hope they do and people can see what complete fucktards that football club are.

They already are saying that here. It's absolutely laughable that people actually believe that.

Fuck celtic they can embarass themselves all they like, now their is no reason why highly paid men should be striking like this.

If I make a mistake at work I get criticised, I don't very well go and spit the dummy out and go on strike and I am thinking about scottish football this is making it look even more micky mouse than it does already.

The sfa should get replacements in and the games should go ahead as normal.

and lets say you werent making mistakes but your team member were still giving you abuse and trying to get you sacked.

jefries and lennon have both went radge at refs who were perfectly correct this season.

celtc are ruining scottish football and the sfa and spl dont seem to want to stop them so it looks like the refs will need to put them in their place.

Certain managers (Lennon and McGhee) are using the refs as scapegoats for their own inadequate performances and that of their teams.

What the refs are doing is quite rightly trying to stem this tide of paranoid criticism before it becomes the default position of any manager whose team has fucked up.

The Joe Ledley sending off was a prime example

Bang on!