The official "Takeover Completed" thread

Muff

Johnston pretty much gives Whyte deal the thumbs up.

Newsnow Rangers breaking news, someone post a link.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13190144.stm

Craig Whyte moves closer to Rangers takeover

Page last updated at 19:39 GMT, Monday, 25 April 2011 20:39 UK

* E-mail this to a friend

* Printable version

By Alasdair Lamont

BBC Scotland Rangers are the subject of a takeover bid from Craig Whyte Rangers could be in new hands before the end of the season

Chairman Alastair Johnston has told BBC Scotland that the independent committee of the Rangers board is closer to approving Craig Whyte's takeover bid.

Only last week Johnston put forward an alternative proposal, initiated by his fellow director Paul Murray.

But a meeting between the committee and Whyte on Sunday evening has helped persuade the sceptics.

"The committee are now much closer to viewing Craig Whyte's bid as the right one for Rangers," said Johnston.

A source close to Whyte also told BBC Scotland: "We're very optimistic a deal can be done if Alastair Johnston and the committee are minded to back it.

"It's very good news and all parties will proceed to try to bring this to a conclusion as quickly as possible."

There are still one or two minor details to be ironed out with Lloyds Bank, who currently handle the club's debt, but Whyte now appears to be on the verge of taking over from majority shareholder Sir David Murray.

don't mention that mate. It's abysmal some of the reasons why we shouldn't sign players

we paid 1.5 mill for beattie yet Kevin Kyle was a free transfer. Adam rooney has scored a fair few goals this season, but nope apparently he's not rangers class lol

Exactly. Kevin Kyle v beattie. I know which one I'd have taken. And I'd have spent ma million on someone else. We need to be smarter. We need to think outside the box. There are cheap players out there. Griffiths. Alex Neil. Eramenko. Kevin Kyle. Conway. Bauben. Gomez. Players who can come in and do a job.

This is good news.

I was thinking recently, why would Whyte buy Rangers if he only JUST had enough to do so? He'd be putting all his money into something that its proven is very very hard to shift if you dont want it anymore. He must have plenty more cash elsewhere, lets just hope he intends to splash some of it on strengthening the team.

Johnston pretty much gives Whyte deal the thumbs up.

Newsnow Rangers breaking news, someone post a link.

BBCAlLamont Alasdair Lamont

by GersnetOnline

#Rangers chairman Alastair Johnston's just told me the independent committee much closer to giving approval to Craig Whyte bid

I already posted but nobody took notice!

I already posted but nobody took notice!

Alasdair Lamont twitter

BBCAlLamont Alasdair Lamont

#Rangers chairman Alastair Johnston's just told me the independent committee much closer to giving approval to Craig Whyte bid

Cos someone beat you to it ;)

Hopefully Whyte showed them that he does actually have the money to put into the club for the foreseeable future and that is why they are now changing their mind. It's either that, or there is literally no other option. So I really hope it's the former!