What an absolutely fantastic night

H72

I adored Darcheville during his time here. His injuries made his stay somewhat difficult at times, and he could've far excelled his record here had he not had the problems that he suffered with his hamstring. I'll never forget him for that goal. What a brilliant move.

Then there's Whittaker! The enigma that is Steven Whittaker. Great going forward, at times, but woeful, at times, defending. This goal, however, is nothing short of magnificent. I remember screaming at the tele for him to pass the fucking ball, but he kept going nonetheless to score one of the most memorable Rangers goals in my lifetime.

Once again, thank you, Walter Smith!

Remember when we first signed Darcheville and we thought he was a nutcase because he exploded in a couple of pre season friendlies???

Ajax was definitely one of them. :lol:

He stamped on a player from what I can remember.

His pace was unbelievable though, for a guy of his size. Legs like tree trunks.

Was only JUST watching this video the other night.

I give Whittaker a bit of stick on here, but that goal was phenomenal.

And Darcheville. :praise:

"Davis.. DARCHEVILLE!!"

I'm not Whittaker's biggest fan either but that goal was remarkable.

The best thing about this video is that the team spirit shown in that UEFA Cup run still lives within the present squad.

I mind watching that game in the pub and screaming at Whittaker to pass. He looked surprised himself after he scored.

One of the highlights of the run for me was Mcgregors save against Bremen. At that point I think their players knew that they weren't putting us out (tu)

I mind watching that game in the pub and screaming at Whittaker to pass. He looked surprised himself after he scored.

One of the highlights of the run for me was Mcgregors save against Bremen. At that point I think their players knew that they weren't putting us out (tu)

That was the definition of a game winning save (in this case, tie winning :P) it totally demoralised the opposition, I doubt ill see another save as good as that again in my life!

just got the old shiver down the spine watching that again, never get bored watching

whitts mazey in the last minute. never get the credit the players deserve all people

think of from the 2008 euro run is the trouble in manchester at the final.