Gabriel Batistuta

Amac9

A player that seems to have been forgotten for some reason. But what a striker he was!

I remember watching him in Serie A playing for Fiorentina and Roma and thinking to myself how someone could hit a ball so fucking hard! I don't think I have ever seen another striker who could hit the ball with such power and accuracy.

His goalscoring record was outstanding for club and country. I don't know if these are 100% spot on but according to Wikipedia his stats are;

1988-1989 - Newell's Old Boys; 16 appearances, 9 goals

1989-1990 - River Plate; 7 appearances, 5 goals

1990-1991 - Boca Juniors; 29 appearances, 23 goals

1991-2000 - Fiorentina; 269 appearances, 168 goals

2000-2003 - Roma; 60 appearances, 30 goals

2003 - Inter Milan (Loan); 12 appearances, 2 goals

2003-2005 - Al Arabi; 21 appearances, 29 goals

1991-2002 - Argentina; 88 appearances, 66 goals

What a record that is and what a player!

watched summit on him not long ago, i think there was a strike partner that helped him get his glowing attributes, a good player but i cant think who his strike partner was

Fishing for Caniggia?

Specially amazing for someone who confessed tht he didn't 'love' the game. Just enjoyed it cos he was good at it! Now that is something! Good programme on sky sports about him... Sure it's still on sky player! Worth a watch!

Specially amazing for someone who confessed tht he didn't 'love' the game. Just enjoyed it cos he was good at it! Now that is something! Good programme on sky sports about him... Sure it's still on sky player! Worth a watch!

Football's Greatest?