Do you find you hate Celtic less the older you get?

I'll tell you a wee story. The 3-3 game at Piggery where Arteta and De Boer scored about 8/9 years ago.

Was walking up London Road and behind the petrol garage before you approach the police station, a side street, I heard a shout of my name ...

I walked across and it was some lads I knew from where I stayed. One guy I went to school with and the rest I knew and generally got on OK with when passing.

They crack open the Buckfast and ask me if I want a swallie. I get into a drink with them.

The second lot goes to get opened and 3 of them, almost like clockwork turn on me saying "your getting fuck-all h**" and upfront and in my nose etc.

The one I knew from school calmed them all down and I just left.

I wasnt scared or intimidated, I was just taken aback at how what I'd consider decent Celtic fans, turn like that. It was nastier than I've ever witnessed any Rangers fan on a Celtic fan and it still gives me food for thought to this day. Fuck them.

The more I learn about them the more I hate them. When I was younger I hated them because they were Celtic, didn't know much about them. The older I get the more I learn the more I despise them. I don't understand how you could find out more about them and hate them less? Seems bizarre.

it's NOT healthy at all weeman, i know this. But i really mean it. I can never ever understand why the handwringers etc even have a respect for them. I don't anytime is see a guy in a Taig strip i want to assault him, and i have done, and taken absolute liberties with some. and i could give a fuck what anyone thinks.

Remember, this is an organization that hates me, so if you are a Tims supporter, you hate me and i hate you.

Only handwringers have Celtic supporting mates? It's virtually impossible to grow up in the West of Scotland (which I assume you did) without mixing with Celtic fans.

I'll tell you a wee story. The 3-3 game at Piggery where Arteta and De Boer scored about 8/9 years ago.

Was walking up London Road and behind the petrol garage before you approach the police station, a side street, I heard a shout of my name ...

I walked across and it was some lads I knew from where I stayed. One guy I went to school with and the rest I knew and generally got on OK with when passing.

They crack open the Buckfast and ask me if I want a swallie. I get into a drink with them.

The second lot goes to get opened and 3 of them, almost like clockwork turn on me saying "your getting fuck-all h**" and upfront and in my nose etc.

The one I knew from school calmed them all down and I just left.

I wasnt scared or intimidated, I was just taken aback at how what I'd consider decent Celtic fans, turn like that. It was nastier than I've ever witnessed any Rangers fan on a Celtic fan and it still gives me food for thought to this day. Fuck them.

Yeah, Rangers fans never turn into arseholes when drunk........

Yes!

I fit the bill. What about having mates that play in gaelic teams?

Same with them too. I mean, being friends with people whos political ideology (most likely) is to turn the United Kingdom into a Republic. A large portion of Celtic fans have sung the IRA tunes on the terraces for years and people want to have ANYTHING to do with them.

Makes you boak a little bit.. :BELM:

The more I learn about them the more I hate them. When I was younger I hated them because they were Celtic, didn't know much about them. The older I get the more I learn the more I despise them. I don't understand how you could find out more about them and hate them less? Seems bizarre.

Because I have quite a few Celtic fans whom I'd call close friends. Maybe it's because I got away from the West Coast, I dont know.

Only handwringers have Celtic supporting mates? It's virtually impossible to grow up in the West of Scotland (which I assume you did) without mixing with Celtic fans.

I grew up in g41.....went to Mosspark Primary and Bellahouston ASccademy. I could see the "Rangers FC" sign on the main stand from my bedroom window.

So yeah :D.

Mixing and having mates are two different things. As a kid i had Dim mates, then i learned more and more, they have tried to Friend me on FB (when i had an account) and knocked them back. I don't care what they have done in life, where they live and if they have kids. They are nothing to me.

Same with them too. I mean, being friends with people whos political ideology (most likely) is to turn the United Kingdom into a Republic. A large portion of Celtic fans have sung the IRA tunes on the terraces for years and people want to have ANYTHING to do with them.

Makes you boak a little bit.. :BELM:

I have a couple of mates that play in gaelic teams. Never asked what their political stance is though.

Yeah, Rangers fans never turn into arseholes when drunk........

But I'm not saying that. Your being obtuse on purpose because people don't fit your little "grow up and hate them less" niche.

My point is there's something deeply disturbing about Celtic fans that will shout you over, give you as much of their swallie as you want - then turn on you like that.

Rangers fans wouldn't invite them over in the first place (I went over to see them because I'm a polite guy, and I hate the thought of being someone that ignores anyone).... Drunken arseholes or not. Another fundamental difference in Old Firm mentalities perhaps.

But I'm not saying that. Your being obtuse on purpose because people don't fit your little "grow up and hate them less" niche.

My point is there's something deeply disturbing about Celtic fans that will shout you over, give you as much of their swallie as you want - then turn on you like that.

Rangers fans wouldn't invite them over in the first place (I went over to see them because I'm a polite guy, and I hate the thought of being someone that ignores anyone).... Drunken arseholes or not. Another fundamental difference in Old Firm mentalities perhaps.

Yes, I am being ridiculously obtuse to highlight the ridiculousness of your post. Are you saying that Celtic fans have a 2D personality based on what team they support?

This wont sit well with most of you PC fuckers but i genuinely want a plane full of Dims to crash and each and everyone of them die each and every day of the week

To be honest that gives me the boak. I know you don't care what anyone thinks, I don't care that you don't care what anyone thinks.

This is not for your benefit but others, not that you care anyway.

Statements like that are disgusting and warped. Wishing death on someone or a group of people is horrible.

I hate Celtic, I hate their fans. I would never wish something like that on them though.

Yes, I am being ridiculously obtuse to highlight the ridiculousness of your post. Are you saying that Celtic fans have a 2D personality based on what team they support?

Again, point missed.

I thought we were talking about mindsets and what people would consider fundamental differences? obviously not.

Maybe next time if you don't like the answers people give you when you ask a question, don't ask in the first place?

fuck them all

a hate everything they stand for

all their hatred is bred into them at a young age

manky fenian bastards...fuck them

I love Rangers, far more than I hate the taigs.

You have family that supports Celtic :lol:

Even with that view you have posted, you will not be saved from the judgement of Keith.

This wont sit well with most of you PC fuckers but i genuinely want a plane full of Dims to crash and each and everyone of them die each and every day of the week

Nothing to do with being PC but you're a complete and utter clown.

You want men, women and children to die because they support Celtic?

Nutcase!

Again, point missed.

I thought we were talking about mindsets and what people would consider fundamental differences? obviously not.

Maybe next time if you don't like the answers people give you when you ask a question, don't ask in the first place?

No, I'm talking about actual individual Celtic fans - it's in the OP.

What people consider fundamental differences are ultimately flawed, is my point.

You have family that supports Celtic :lol:

Even with that view you have posted, you will not be saved from the judgement of Keith.

Aye but everybody else is saying they hate Celtic a lot so he has to go that one step further to show what a big Rangers man he is.

No, I'm talking about actual individual Celtic fans - it's in the OP.

What people consider fundamental differences are ultimately flawed, is my point.

It's these sorts of fundamental differences that explain why people might or might not hate them less/more as they grow up. Surely you can see that? it's entirely relative to your debate.