Do you find you hate Celtic less the older you get?

But that's not sweeping when I've explained umpteen times it relates to the tims I know personally.

What is so difficult to understand about that?

Your obviously intelligent, but they say the intelligent ones have no common sense.

Yes, it relates to some tims you know personally, but you are taking that and applying it to a support base of hundreds of thousands......

I know people like that, the team they support has no bearing on how they chose to live their life.

Yes, it relates to some tims you know personally, but you are taking that and applying it to a support base of hundreds of thousands......

I know people like that, the team they support has no bearing on how they chose to live their life.

But I've never claimed that. I said right from the start it only relates to me, the circles I move in and the tims I know local where I stay.

Do you find that you hate them less the older you get? I certainly do.

When I was at school everyone was a Rangers fan so you didn't really mix with tims at all. I found it easier to believe that they were somehow different to us. But once I left school and went into the wide World I realised that, essentially, they are the same as us. Raise families, drive cars, pay the bills, drink in pubs, contribute to society and support their team the same as we do.

The rabid hatred I felt for them as a young teenager is now diluted. I still despise the team and hope they lose every game they play but I am probably far more mellow towards individual tims than I used to be as an ignorant schoolboy.

I find the opposite i dislike them more each passing year !

But I've never claimed that. I said right from the start it only relates to me, the circles I move in and the tims I know local where I stay.

You have. You have taken a few examples and made huge great big sweeping generalisations and offered them up as examples of fundamental differences between Rangers and Celtic fans...

It's a good question.

I have a lot of big die hard Celtic fans as mates, but we all get on brilliant and have good banter about the football....except on Old Firm days, where no texts are allowed!

In terms of the actual club though, I've found that my hatred of them has grown significantly with age. The more I understand how scummy they are and how disrespectful they are, the more I want to see them burn.

Especially their current gaffer. As with Peter Grant, I generally wouldn't feel even a wee bit sorry for either person if they were flattened by a bus tomorrow.

You have. You have taken a few examples and made huge great big sweeping generalisations and offered them up as examples of fundamental differences between Rangers and Celtic fans...

Show me where?

I wouldn't have done so, because from the outset the thread has been about your own personal feeling towards them as you get older and not the general concencius *spelling* of what you think they represent as a whole. I've made that clear countless times.

What I've maybe done, is start out with a sweeping statement then follow it up and expand on it immediately afterwards. That's not the same thing and it's different to just making one post and saying "they are all IRA loving bastards, die"

Use your head a bit, your capable of good debate.

Show me where?

I wouldn't have done so, because from the outset the thread has been about your own personal feeling towards them as you get older and not the general concencius *spelling* of what you think they represent as a whole. I've made that clear countless times.

What I've maybe done, is start out with a sweeping statement then follow it up and expand on it immediately afterwards. That's not the same thing and it's different to just making one post and saying "they are all IRA loving bastards, die"

Use your head a bit, your capable of good debate.

Some of them raise families to hate the same stuff they do and thus the cycle continues, some of them drink in the sort of pubs that donate to terrorism, some of them don't even contribute to society.

They pay taxes for a society they hate, but still want to reap the benefits of.

Hate the club more but I've always had Celtic supporting mates.

never had celtic supporters as mates, never will. fuckin scum the lot of them. and anybody who thinks i'm just being an uberprod , it's simply not true.

I just don't believe they should be allowed to breathe the same air as me. The so called decent ones will defend their scum element when push comes to shove, therefor they are as much scum as they are. there are no decent celtic fans.decent folk support the teddy bears end of.

No Surrender

Some of them raise families to hate the same stuff they do and thus the cycle continues, some of them drink in the sort of pubs that donate to terrorism, some of them don't even contribute to society.

They pay taxes for a society they hate, but still want to reap the benefits of.

How many more times do I need to say, the ones I know personally - that's them - not the whole Celtic support.

never had celtic supporters as mates, never will. fuckin scum the lot of them. and anybody who thinks i'm just being an uberprod , it's simply not true.

I just don't believe they should be allowed to breathe the same air as me. The so called decent ones will defend their scum element when push comes to shove, therefor they are as much scum as they are. there are no decent celtic fans.decent folk support the teddy bears end of.

No Surrender

No offence, but you are an idiot.

Look back at what it was in reply to....

Yeah. It was in reply to you using the most basic of human social mechanics to make us all aware that we are more alike than some might think.

I'm not exactly saying they're not human or they don't live normal lifes, I'm saying why my dislike for them has got worse as I've got older - which is the very first thing you asked.

Yeah. It was in reply to you using the most basic of human social mechanics to make us all aware that we are more alike than some might think.

I'm not exactly saying they're not human or they don't live normal lifes, I'm saying why my dislike for them has got worse as I've got older - which is the very first thing you asked.

But can you not see that the reasons you gave can apply both ways - despite personal experience?

Why do we have Rangers fans calling other Rangers fans idiots and morons because they hate tims and don't want to assosciate with them? that's upto them, surely?

Bceause dont have 2-dimensional personalities based on the football team they support.................

But can you not see that the reasons you gave can apply both ways - despite personal experience?

Of course. I'm not neive. I know they hate us for the same sorts of reasons. We are so different, but kinda similar too (as neutrals always say - both as bad as each other) but I am only in a position to comment from one perspective.

I have no problem with them hating me, because I know deep down they are fully aware of the reasons I don't like a lot of them aswell. It really doesn't bother me.

Bceause dont have 2-dimensional personalities based on the football team they support.................

But I don't think it's anyone's place to call a fellow Rangers fan an idiot or a moron because they see things differently and are happy not assosciating with tims. That's upto them, if it's such a terrible thing then it's their loss - aint it?

Of course. I'm not neive. I know they hate us for the same sorts of reasons. We are so different, but kinda similar too (as neutrals always say - both as bad as each other) but I am only in a position to comment from one perspective.

I have no problem with them hating me, because I know deep down they are fully aware of the reasons I don't like a lot of them aswell. It really doesn't bother me.

So you can accept that we are essentially the same?

And if I think they're moronic for holding the belief that every single Celtic fan is lowlife scum, then that's up to me, right?

Sure is.

We can go on all day applying the same logic back and forth. Personally I think it's upto them if they don't want to be pals with tims. You think they are moronic and I think it's slightly moronic to hold that against a fellow Rangers fan. It's no big deal, really (tu)

But I don't think it's anyone's place to call a fellow Rangers fan an idiot or a moron because they see things differently and are happy not assosciating with tims. That's upto them, if it's such a terrible thing then it's their loss - aint it?

It's up to me if I think someone's an idiot or a moron or not.....

So you can accept that we are essentially the same?

In loads of ways, yeah.

In other, more social ways (like what I went through earlier) then we are very different in the same sense.

It depends on your outlook. You obviously go down the old "prick us, do we not all bleed" line, which is fine. Some of us operate differently.