Mone calls police as Mulgrew's toddler found in car alone

BRA boss Michelle Mone had a furious showdown with Celtic ace Charlie Mulgrew after she called the police when she spotted his toddler son left alone in a car.

The millionaire businesswoman raised the alarm amid fears for the child's safety as temperatures dropped to -7°C.

But writing on Twitter, the Ultimo boss claimed Mulgrew and wife Alana, 22, were "angry" at her for calling in emergency crews.

She said: "Baby safe and well, shame the parents were angry with me but I felt I only did the right thing for the baby as it was minus seven." Michelle had spotted the two-year-old tot sitting in Costco's car park in St Rollox, Glasgow, and raised the alarm.

And it's thought she even blocked in Mulgrew's motor with her own vehicle as she waited for police to arrive.

She tweeted: "Waiting at car as mother has left her baby in car for an hour at -7, called police and might smash window. Nut case."

Mulgrew, 24, and his missus were questioned at the scene by police before being allowed to drive home.

The little boy was checked over but did not need any medical treatment.

A Celtic insider said last night: "Charlie is astonished at the whole thing. "They are absolutely fantastic parents and they are distraught at being accused of putting their child at risk.

"He was standing at the shop door the whole time.

"This has been just a big misunderstanding and Charlie is hoping that it can be sorted out as soon as possible."

And one report on a Celtic messageboard yesterday said Mulgrew had claimed he was popping in and out of the giant discount warehouse every five minutes to check on the tot as his wife went shopping.

A close pal of businesswoman Mone said: "She had no idea whose baby it was but she would have done the same thing for any child she thought might be at risk.

"At one stage she even thought about putting a brick through the car window but decided it would be better to call the police."

Last night Strathclyde Police confirmed that a 24-year-old man and a 22-year-old woman were the subject of a report to the procurator fiscal.

A spokesman added: "Police were called to a report that a baby had been left within a car. Emergency services attended and the baby was examined by paramedics at the scene.

"The baby did not require medical treatment."

Celtic refused to comment last night.

Michelle also refused to discuss the incident.

Read more: http://www.thescotti...l#ixzz18vFIlYsF

Tosser,poor wean must have been freezing.

It's ok peering out 'checking' but the heating clearly wouldn't have been on.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It fucking disgusts me seeing kids left in cars while the parent goes in shopping. Really pisses me off :mad:

Also, both parents were there. Why would he have been standing at the shop door anyway? <cr>

It's fuckin disgusting mate. I don't like my weans out of my sight for too long never mind going in shopping while the weans in the car!

Kate and Gerry McCann ring a bell. They left their children alone in a a hotel room.

But yet they are getting to meet the pope etc!

If they hadn't have left the weans alone little madalene would still be with them.

Fuckin child neglect, but yet folk seem to over look that,

Oh they were on holiday so it's ok to leave your infants unattended......

NAW IT FUCKIN ISN'T

It's fuckin disgusting mate. I don't like my weans out of my sight for too long never mind going in shopping while the weans in the car!

Kate and Gerry McCann ring a bell. They left their children alone in a a hotel room.

But yet they are getting to meet the pope etc!

If they hadn't have left the weans alone little madalene would still be with them.

Fuckin child neglect, but yet folk seem to over look that,

Oh they were on holiday so it's ok to leave your infants unattended......

NAW IT FUCKIN ISN'T

(tu)

Michelle Mone is a cow, heard she likes to shag young guys.

Scotlands rugby team........some of the Celtic lads too.............

And?

Tim or no tim, if Michelle Mone offered it to me I wouldn't turn her down

Oh and shame on you Mulgrew, stupid wanker.

The Mulgrew/Sellik PR Machines defence of the situation is utter pish. If Charlie wasn't shopping but standing at the door watching his kid, then why didn't he just sit in the motor with the heater on? Absolutely shocking and depressing behaviour - there is no defence of it

The Mulgrew/Sellik PR Machines defence of the situation is utter pish. If Charlie wasn't shopping but standing at the door watching his kid, then why didn't he just sit in the motor with the heater on? Absolutely shocking and depressing behaviour - there is no defence of it

and why didn't he see the big blonde-thing getting out her Bentley and peering in his fkn car-window?!

And one report on a Celtic messageboard yesterday said Mulgrew had claimed he was popping in and out of the giant discount warehouse every five minutes to check on the tot as his wife went shopping.

If this is true, why didn't he just take the kid into the shop with him?

Well done Michelle, you wee ride :praise:

"Charlie is astonished at the whole thing. "They are absolutely fantastic parents and they are distraught at being accused of putting their child at risk."

Fantastic parents? They have one young child, and will have more money coming in every 2 weeks than most households in Glasgow could dream about. And they leave their child in a car while they go into Costco? In -7 degrees?

Accused of putting their child at risk? THEY FUCKING DID !

Well done Michelle, she did the right thing.

How could they live with themselves if something happenend to their kid? :disappointment:

Fantastic parents? They have one young child, and will have more money coming in every 2 weeks than most households in Glasgow could dream about. And they leave their child in a car while they go into Costco? In -7 degrees?

Accused of putting their child at risk? THEY FUCKING DID !

Well done Michelle, she did the right thing.

How could they live with themselves if something happenend to their kid? :disappointment:

Spot on,he obviously didn't see Mone around the car so what if that was folk looking to steal it ?

In and away with the baby in the back,fucking disgraceful there is no excuse for it.

Spot on,he obviously didn't see Mone around the car so what if that was folk looking to steal it ?

In and away with the baby in the back,fucking disgraceful there is no excuse for it.

Exactly, I honestly don't know who would have the heart do so such a thing, for an hour in a shop?

Imagine someone kidnaps your baby, was it really worth it for an hour of shopping in costco. That rhat got a get out of jail free card there. Thank god the kids alright.

Exactly, I honestly don't know who would have the heart do so such a thing, for an hour in a shop?

Imagine someone kidnaps your baby, was it really worth it for an hour of shopping in costco. That rhat got a get out of jail free card there. Thank god the kids alright.

We all make mistakes as parents but that's a glaring fuck up.

Why try to justify it? (Celt*c insider) Admit he was in the wrong and learn from it.

Sounds like he would do it again going by what I've read so far.

We all make mistakes as parents but that's a glaring fuck up.

Why try to justify it? (Celt*c insider) Admit he was in the wrong and learn from it.

Sounds like he would do it again going by what I've read so far.

Definitely, you can tell this wasn't a one off. He more than probably has done this before, and wouldn't mind doing it again.

The justification is just as bad.