Boxing and MMA

27 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

He had a black eye and visible marks prior to the fight that he blamed on the physio. Think he was perhaps getting his arse kicked in sparring.

He looked agitated before the fight started and was late to the ring. He was also slevering shite to his trainer in between rounds.

Reason he was slevering shite to his trainer is cause ruiz rang his head like a bell, watch Joshua's first and 4th knockdown if memory serves me right, when he is caught on one side of the head it barely has time to react before being scudded on the other side, when he was saved by the bell his brain was likely still rattling about inside his skull

14 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Reason he was slevering shite to his trainer is cause ruiz rang his head like a bell, watch Joshua's first and 4th knockdown if memory serves me right, when he is caught on one side of the head it barely has time to react before being scudded on the other side, when he was saved by the bell his brain was likely still rattling about inside his skull

Sure he was slevering shite at the end of the 1st round too but aye, Ruiz hit him with some crackers.

24 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Ā 

Surely not ? I'd be shocked if he was KO'd and was allowed to fightĀ 

his trainer / the doctor who signed off on it would be fucked and he'd potentially lose his boxing license over in the states ?Ā 

Yeah I dont believe it tbh , reckon it's his camp just putting shit out to muddy the waters on why he reacted so badly to being hitĀ 

23 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Yeah I dont believe it tbh , reckon it's his camp just putting shit out to muddy the waters on why he reacted so badly to being hitĀ 

gassed after 3, think he came in to heavy, his team get it wrong? Ruiz was fucking superb. worthy winner. it now makes the how division even more exciting. probably for the best he has lost, that undefeated clean sheet has ruing boxing for me, we need to ee the best fight the best, fuck the zero on your record. they need to get it on.Ā 

18 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

gassed after 3, think he came in to heavy, his team get it wrong? Ruiz was fucking superb. worthy winner. it now makes the how division even more exciting. probably for the best he has lost, that undefeated clean sheet has ruing boxing for me, we need to ee the best fight the best, fuck the zero on your record. they need to get it on.Ā 

Yeah they all get obsessed about never having a defeat on their record , it didn't do ali etc any damage to their legacyĀ 

41 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

Ā 

21 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Yeah they all get obsessed about never having a defeat on their record , it didn't do ali etc any damage to their legacyĀ 

If anything it enhances your legacy IMO if you can come back from a huge defeat and become champ againĀ 

Probably a huge reason why Mayweather isn't as respected as much as he should be tbh (in addition to the vanity, the misogyny, domestic violence :lol:) but he spent so long picking and choosing his fights to keep his record intact. I don't underestimate how incredible a boxer he was but imagine he had actually fought the best in his division when at their prime and won -Ā he'd have universal adulation.Ā 

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Ā 

If anything it enhances your legacy IMO if you can come back from a huge defeat and become champ againĀ 

Probably a huge reason why Mayweather isn't as respected as much as he should be tbh (in addition to the vanity, the misogyny, domestic violence :lol:) but he spent so long picking and choosing his fights to keep his record intact. I don't underestimate how incredible a boxer he was but imagine he had actually fought the best in his division when at their prime and won -Ā he'd have universal adulation.Ā 

pacman was a prime example. altho i have my doubt about pacquia being clean.Ā  when pac was destroying everyone. margarito etc Mayweather didnt want none of him.Ā Ā 

3 hours ago, ShanksRFC said:

Sure he was slevering shite at the end of the 1st round too but aye, Ruiz hit him with some crackers.

Aye he might have been tbh, he clearly wasn't listening to his corner anyway

I think ruiz is being under appreciated as well, everyone talks about how poor AJ was and his record etc, ruiz had a 32-1 record with 21ko's, they might have been bums but its stilp experience in fighting different styles of fighters that have different techniques, good on him for doing his homework on AJ and following his coaches orders etc

Ruiz leathered him. Plain and simple.

Some of the excuses being peddled now are just embarrassing. At the weigh in we were all told he was in outstanding shape but now suddenly his conditioning and weight is all being debated now.

As for him mumbling shit to his coach in the corner like "why am I feeling like this?" He was feeling like that because he was actually in with someone who wasn't scared of him for a change and he was taking shots all over the place.

22 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Ruiz leathered him. Plain and simple.

Some of the excuses being peddled now are just embarrassing. At the weigh in we were all told he was in outstanding shape but now suddenly his conditioning and weight is all being debated now.

As for him mumbling shit to his coach in the corner like "why am I feeling like this?" He was feeling like that because he was actually in with someone who wasn't scared of him for a change and he was taking shots all over the place.

the latest is that AJ was concussed hence AJ's dad fighting with Hearn after the fight.Ā  rumours he was sparked in training and sparring in fight week.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

That rumour about being KOā€™d is probably the most laughable of them all.

In todayā€™s era that would get someone prison time and a lifetime ban from the sport if that were to happen.

Only a tit would believe it for a secondĀ 

I don't buy all that.

There's absolutely no way Hearn & Co are risking him if he's been concussed during the week. Ā Ā 

Let's not forget Joshua knocked Ruiz down first, his issue was he got hit with a big shot and couldn't recover.Ā 

Sure his camp must have been questionable because he looked like he was blowing out his arse, but the weirdest thing to me is how much he doesn't seem to give a fuck that he got beat. :lol:Ā 

He doesn't look right but agree with @The Godfather and @ben51 no promoter is putting a fighter into a match that high profile with a concussion, not a chance.

He might have been floored and it's dented his confidence but he didn't have a concussion.

23 minutes ago, ben51 said:

I don't buy all that.

There's absolutely no way Hearn & Co are risking him if he's been concussed during the week. Ā Ā 

Let's not forget Joshua knocked Ruiz down first, his issue was he got hit with a big shot and couldn't recover.Ā 

Sure his camp must have been questionable because he looked like he was blowing out his arse, but the weirdest thing to me is how much he doesn't seem to give a fuck that he got beat. :lol:Ā 

Smiling and taking selfies with guys before he even got to the changing rooms was just bizarre. You just lost the belts and your record losing to a guy who was a no hoper pre fight....most champions would be raging but he didnā€™t look to give a shit.

when he got dumped in the 7th the first time his reaction after the count was embarrassing, a smirk to the crowd before he was thumped again.

For me the first knockdown badly hurt him and his legs and confidence were gone.Ā 

I just seen it as he tried to go and finish Ruiz after putting him down and got caught by a couple of peaches, never recovered and Ruiz deservedly won.

Has to get back to the drawing board and put on a show in the rematch, especially if he wants that "legacy".

Can only hope this is a bit of a springboard for the Fury/Wilder/AJ fights to happen, and depending how the rematch goes, Ruiz getting involved too.

3 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Think Ruiz against Whyte could be a good matchup tbh. They've had mixed results against the same fighters so it would be interesting to see how they get on against each other.

I like Whyte, he deserves a shot at the belts imo,Ā think itĀ would be a cracking contest between him and Ruiz, canā€™t see it happening though.Ā 

24 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

The heavyweight division is the most interesting division in boxing right now.Ā 

Only cause there's no much else happening. I think the 3 main heavyweights are a bit embarrassing the now and am not enjoying this era at all.Ā 

11 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Only cause there's no much else happening. I think the 3 main heavyweights are a bit embarrassing the now and am not enjoying this era at all.Ā 

The highlight of AJ, Wilder and Fury's time on top is Wilder decking that mascot

Bring back Audley Harrison, David Haye and Chisora and the talk of gang rape, guns and attacking each other at press conferences