Boxing and MMA

3 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

That's a horrendous card. Chisora and Ricky Burns ffs.

Chisora will lose this, go back to fighting taxi drivers for a couple of fights to build momentum and then gradually step it up until he gets to this level again and takes another slapping then he'll repeat the cycle again.

Pretty much the same for Burns unless Hearn lands him another ridiculously easy shot at a world title again like he did against the Italian guy which would inevitably end in another 12 round pasting when he has to defend it against someone decent.

7 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Chisora will lose this, go back to fighting taxi drivers for a couple of fights to build momentum and then gradually step it up until he gets to this level again and takes another slapping then he'll repeat the cycle again.

Pretty much the same for Burns unless Hearn lands him another ridiculously easy shot at a world title again like he did against the Italian guy which would inevitably end in another 12 round pasting when he has to defend it against someone decent.

Ricky Burns has go to be the worst world champion I’ve seen a truly wet blanket of a boxer his style is just bore the other cunt to death and hope to win on points. 

On 01/09/2019 at 02:07, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

That's a good card imo burns v Selby is a good domestic scrap. Chisora v Parker is a great fight  Taylor main event is champ v champ. Good card bro

On 01/09/2019 at 09:53, MartinGers93 said:

Ricky Burns has go to be the worst world champion I’ve seen a truly wet blanket of a boxer his style is just bore the other cunt to death and hope to win on points. 

Maybe the worst in terms of style but u don't become a three time champion unless u can fight ffs

Just now, KingKirk said:

Maybe the worst in terms of style but u don't become a three time champion unless u can fight ffs

Tbf his 3rd world title was handed to him on a plate and his unification fight against Julius Indongo was one of the most one sided fights I've ever seen.

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

That's a good card imo burns v Selby is a good domestic scrap. Chisora v Parker is a great fight  Taylor main event is champ v champ. Good card bro

Think it's a shocking card personally. Especially making it box office but that's just Matchroom for you.

Main event should be decent but if that's the fights from the undercard deemed worthy of promotion then I dread to think what the other fights will be.

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Tbf his 3rd world title was handed to him on a plate and his unification fight against Julius Indongo was one of the most one sided fights I've ever seen.

Aye but that's no his fault still got to beat them. Is he great no but he will never hide or make excuses if he gets beat. I like that about him.

13 hours ago, Finny said:

Just a quick one lads. The card tomorrow night starts at 7 o'clock our time but the fuckers have put it on bt box office. Should  be plenty of streams about. 

Yea that's a bummer. Does anyone know a place in glasgow city centre that is showing it? It's a good time for here so might make a wee night of it.

2 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

It’s a bit of patter mate calm down. It’s the fight everycunt wants to see.

It's WWE style patter. If you're the 'BMF' then go win the real belt, of course I will retract this statement if they make the belt open weight like the good old days.

6 minutes ago, M0NTANA said:

It's WWE style patter. If you're the 'BMF' then go win the real belt, of course I will retract this statement if they make the belt open weight like the good old days.

If there’s 2 fighters in the UFC, who are most unlike WWE, it’s Diaz and Masvidal.

If there’s 2 fighters in the UFC, who are most unlike WWE, it’s Diaz and Masvidal.

Never said they were.

Plus Masvidal asked to fight like for the belt and Usman pulled out and they were about to strip him of it. 

Pish, Covington is rightfully the no1 contender being he won the 'interim title' and if he didn't get it that title was pointless. There is only hype around Diaz because he tapped Conor, he was always in Nick's shadow and there's plenty other 'stand and bang' guys throughout. The 'BMF' title is generally the unofficial term for how's, so unless the winner plans on getting in with Stipe it remains a pointless title that's possibly only there to get round commission rules.