It's there for the taking...

martyboy2009

After the new year old firm game I must admit I, like many others, panicked about our chances of winning the league. We seemed completely out of ideas, spirit, no movement, no energy...it was a terrible, deflating performance. But....

I think alot of us started to believe that because Celtic had beat us that they were now on course for the title, that they wouldn't drop so many points, that their confidence would be so high that they would sweep past opposition such as Hamilton tonight...WRONG.

They lack a leader on the park, they have no organisation and their communication with each other is pathetic. We made those 2 diddys at CH look good in the old firm, they ain't. Lennon is banned for 6 games and they look like going into meltdown again, they play hibs at the weekend which won't be easy either.

Now let's talk about Rangers. Monday night against killie was a nice way to hit back after all the negativity of the OF defeat and kenny millers impending departure. We played well, moved well and had 3 different scoters which will give each of them some much needed confidence.

We have a couple of home games coming up against Hamilton and ICT, we should dispose of them easily but only if our attitude is right from the get-go! Pressing high up the pitch, don't let them play, strong tackling although the other night was a bit excessive, and plenty of movement from our attacking players!

We can't think about the points gap, we can draw a game and still go top but that shouldn't be how we are thinking. The players should be think Celtic are 8 clear and we must win our 3 in hand!

No excuses from now on Rangers, let's get the new years game completely out our system with a run of wins and dumping the scum outta the cup!

Even though a few, including myself, started doubting us. We are the Champions and we will be again.

Here we go 3 in a row :D

Nothing is anywhere for the taking. We have to earn everything, the attitude that Celtic were there for the taking was what lead us to getting beat.

We have no divine right to win every game, we need to earn it.

Nothing is anywhere for the taking. We have to earn everything, the attitude that Celtic were there for the taking was what lead us to getting beat.

We have no divine right to win every game, we need to earn it.

Spot on.

They are fucking rubbish,It's in our hands.

Well done Marty that was a positive post without a dig at McCulloch.

You banged your fucking head :lol: ?

The league's ours if we want it (tu)

Mate I think a few ppl, me included, got carried away with the defeat. It hit us all hard. Rangers attitude must be to take nothing for granted but to believe they can beat any team they come across!

I think alot of people are getting a bit carried away with the tims result. This could come back to hit us in the face as we have ICT who are good away from home, Hearts away, Hibs away, Hearts home coming up ... Hibs a tricky place to go as always, Hearts will see this as a chance to catch us up and are on form.

More importantly, their games don't matter unless they play us, we focus on ourselves and make sure we win, then theres no problems,

We play well, we win, we pick up the 3 points at the end of the day then the league is ours regardless what they do

After the new year old firm game I must admit I, like many others, panicked about our chances of winning the league. We seemed completely out of ideas, spirit, no movement, no energy...it was a terrible, deflating performance. But....

I think alot of us started to believe that because Celtic had beat us that they were now on course for the title, that they wouldn't drop so many points, that their confidence would be so high that they would sweep past opposition such as Hamilton tonight...WRONG.

They lack a leader on the park, they have no organisation and their communication with each other is pathetic. We made those 2 diddys at CH look good in the old firm, they ain't. Lennon is banned for 6 games and they look like going into meltdown again, they play hibs at the weekend which won't be easy either.

Now let's talk about Rangers. Monday night against killie was a nice way to hit back after all the negativity of the OF defeat and kenny millers impending departure. We played well, moved well and had 3 different scoters which will give each of them some much needed confidence.

We have a couple of home games coming up against Hamilton and ICT, we should dispose of them easily but only if our attitude is right from the get-go! Pressing high up the pitch, don't let them play, strong tackling although the other night was a bit excessive, and plenty of movement from our attacking players!

We can't think about the points gap, we can draw a game and still go top but that shouldn't be how we are thinking. The players should be think Celtic are 8 clear and we must win our 3 in hand!

No excuses from now on Rangers, let's get the new years game completely out our system with a run of wins and dumping the scum outta the cup!

Even though a few, including myself, started doubting us. We are the Champions and we will be again.

Here we go 3 in a row :D

Well I certainly didn't panic after that loss, Marty...I was so angry that if I'd panicked, I would have took a header off the Sydney Harbour bridge :lol:

Seriously though, I'm too auld in the head to panic because we have seen this happen on many occassions...You don't win the league in January.

Lots of our fans had that Ne'erday game won before Christmas,mate! but although I was confident we would skelp the beggars,I am never over confident when it comes to these matches because form goes right out of the window at these games at least 90% of the time.

We were dreadful (the tactics didn't help) and they were up for it, but it doesn't mean they suddenly transformed into a champion team as was proven against the Accies.

We have to earn our points and our game against both Accies and ICT are potential banana skins, so it's up to Smith and McCoist to pick the right team with the right tactics and lets concentrate on what we do.

If we do that, we will be champions again come May...I'm confident, but not overly confident. :pipe:

Mate I think a few ppl, me included, got carried away with the defeat. It hit us all hard. Rangers attitude must be to take nothing for granted but to believe they can beat any team they come across!

I was gutted as much as everyone else but we contributed to our own downfall.

Lack of subs,no support for Miller&Weiss didn't help but being champions is about how you respond to picking yourself off the deck.

Well I certainly didn't panic after that loss, Marty...I was so angry that if I'd panicked, I would have took a header off the Sydney Harbour bridge :lol:

Seriously though, I'm too auld in the head to panic because we have seen this happen on many occassions...You don't win the league in January.

Lots of our fans had that Ne'erday game won before Christmas,mate! but although I was confident we would skelp the beggars,I am never over confident when it comes to these matches because form goes right out of the window at these games at least 90% of the time.

We were dreadful (the tactics didn't help) and they were up for it, but it doesn't mean they suddenly transformed into a champion team as was proven against the Accies.

We have to earn our points and our game against both

Accies and ICT are potential banana skins, so it's up to Smith and McCoist to pick the right team with the right tactics and lets concentrate on what we do.

If we do that, we will be champions again come May...I'm

confident, but not overly confident. :pipe:

I wasn't overly confident of beating them, I warned a few of my mates that they will be up for it but we totally fukd it for ourself on the day!

Anyway let's kick on from here and full speed ahead.

As Marty said it all depends on the attitude. Surely the team will realise we need to put a 90 minute performance rather than having the odd spell. And hopefully we see the real Davis and Bougherra from now on!

GEC! I'm not one for attacking managers at their job,because they are the guys who wear it when a team plays bad AND get's humped in a game such as that one.

I do think however that Walter /McCoist either got the tactics all wrong, or they changed the tactics after the first 15-20 mins.

Most certainly the team has to put in a full 90+ minute performance, but the tactics have to be right for the team to perform to our strengths.

It is widely regarded that Steven Davis is by far our best footballer, so why did our defence not utilise him instead of humping high balls that the opposing trolls in their backline dealt with so easy that it made them look like world beaters!

There were so many things wrong with our tactics and shape of our midfield/defence when we were on the attack that it made it so much harder for us to get a result in that game.

I'm not saying that individual players weren't at the races, but we never even looked like using our strengths after the first 15-20 mins.

Last weeks OF result was the best thing to happen to us, I hope it took the players down a peg or 2, and made them focus back on the job in hand, We are not good enough just to turn up and win.

100% given by the players from now till the end of the season will see us over the line, anything less than that and we WILL be in big trouble.

I grant you it's a poor celtic team were up against, but are we really that much better? IMO no not from what I have watched this season.

Yes the SPL is their to be won but it WONT be given to us, we must earn it .

New Year was hopefully a wake up call for us, that we can't be over confident. There is still a long way to go in the league and the team need to make sure they show up for every game from here on out and play from the start of every match. It won't be easy with all the fixtures we will have and squad size but hopefully something happens in the window and we don't have as many injuries in the second half of the season!

it is there for the taking, but is this team up to it considering the schedule and size of squad?

I am not totally convinced. There are so many variables such as attitude, form, injuries, suspensions, players sold or brought in, etc.

We have a good shout, but it is by no means a cerainty. I think we will win the title, but there will be a lot of ups and downs before then imo.