Should we be getting our youngsters out on loan

djbroxybear

With all this talk of a new crop of youngsters coming through at ibrox , ie, Ness, Hutton, Wylde, Fleck etc....,

There seems to be a missed generation whats happened to Shinnie all you heard was rave reviews about this lad , and that he would make the first team sooner rather than later. Is he still at Rangers?

What about the norwegian lad Bendikson, McMillan, Loy, Perry, Coles had a Champions League debut not been seen since.

Do any of these guys have a future at ibrox, or has it all gone by the way side for them and its time to move on.

Should McCoist or next Rangers Manager be building there team around this young crop of players especially as we don't have millions to spend.

Those who aren't quite making the bench should be out on loan.

Shinnie, Bendiksen, Perry and Campbell etc, need to be given first team football soon. They're approaching the age where we'll find out if they will make it at the club.

We should look to send John Fleck out on loan. IMO, we could afford to, and certainly wouldn't miss him. He needs regular first-team football, and he's not going to get that anytime soon!

Those who aren't quite making the bench should be out on loan.

Shinnie, Bendiksen, Perry and Campbell etc, need to be given first team football soon. They're approaching the age where we'll find out if they will make it at the club.

I agree, but I would wait and see what happens during the remainder of this season. If there is no takeover and no money and no CL we may be playing a lot of these youngsters in the first team next year.

stephen stirling has joined stirling albion :rolleyes: but I do believe that we should send out more players

Pathetic level to be playing at. Waste of time but better than..... what the fuck do the over 19's play in? Theres no reserve league. Right?

Last time i checked Rory Loy was like 21 years of age! If you aren't in the first team at the age of 21 you aren't good enough!

And yes we should have our young players out on loan but we should have them out on loan when they are 16-17 so that we can have them back and ready for the first team by the time they hit 19-20

Ness and Hutton are needed for back up and look like one or the other will soon be commanding a regular place in our midfield (can't see both of them playing at the same time at this age). Wylde looks like the kind of winger we need. Gets straight to the by line and puts a ball in the box without running in circles first or cutting back.

Fleck could do with a loan spell to a first division club to see if he can find some sort of ability and consistency we all head about a few years ago.

Shinnie is away back on loan to Dundee I think. ...(just looked there hes not)

The rest I can't really comment on not seen enough or haven't seen at all.

We should look to send John Fleck out on loan. IMO, we could afford to, and certainly wouldn't miss him. He needs regular first-team football, and he's not going to get that anytime soon!

I agree, he's way down the pecking order and by giving him first team football we can see once and for all if he's the real deal

Ness and Hutton are needed for back up and look like one or the other will soon be commanding a regular place in our midfield (can't see both of them playing at the same time at this age). Wylde looks like the kind of winger we need. Gets straight to the by line and puts a ball in the box without running in circles first or cutting back.

Fleck could do with a loan spell to a first division club to see if he can find some sort of ability and consistency we all head about a few years ago.

Shinnie is away back on loan to Dundee I think. ...(just looked there hes not)

The rest I can't really comment on not seen enough or haven't seen at all.

think your selling him short by suggesting he is first division level, would walk into most spl teams first 11's.

Have to agree that he should be sent out on loan though, has played so few games with us that he would be no great loss to the squad, and it could do him the world of good

definetly fleck, mcmillan, shinnie and little. I would try fix themm with some english clubs though

Your right i feel we should getting these guys good standard of football to see how they are going to develop, maybe we should get involved with some feeder clubs.

Last time i checked Rory Loy was like 21 years of age! If you aren't in the first team at the age of 21 you aren't good enough!

Not necessarily. When you have a manager who prefers older players, those under 21's may not be getting a fair chance. Next season is the ideal time to build a team around our younger players and see if they have what it takes.

Not necessarily. When you have a manager who prefers older players, those under 21's may not be getting a fair chance. Next season is the ideal time to build a team around our younger players and see if they have what it takes.

I agree with that, casey (tu)

It would be a good idea to bring back the reserve league also, or failing that, let the bigger clubs reserve teams/U21's play in a expanded lower league. I don't know exactly why they binned the reserve league, but from where I sit it was not the greatest idea for the betterment of young players.

I agree with that, casey (tu)

It would be a good idea to bring back the reserve league also, or failing that, let the bigger clubs reserve teams/U21's play in a expanded lower league. I don't know exactly why they binned the reserve league, but from where I sit it was not the greatest idea for the betterment of young players.

The reserve league was scrapped simply to save money, oz. Yet another example of false economy within the Scottish game.

In a word, yes.

I believe the cream of the cop should be kept at Ibrox, but I think going on loan would help the staff at our club come to a better decision about players who they are not quite sure about.

Playing regular first team football is only going to be beneficial to the players development and it can only be a bonus for us too. If the player succeds and shows that he can perform and cope with the rigors of first team football every week then he get's blooded in to our first team on his return. If he doesn't show too much promise then the chances are he's still put himself in the shop window for a club of his level which means we can sell him on and make some money to reinvest.

We should be taking advantage of the links the staff have with ex players like McCall, Butcher & McInnes who are all working on tight budgets in the SPL and scraping every penny they have to try and stay competitive. That would give our players that bit of experience at the top level while also improving their team in the short term, because loans to no mark teams in the lower leagues like Stirling Albion and Clyde will do them little good at all.

The reserve league was scrapped simply to save money, oz. Yet another example of false economy within the Scottish game.

I thought that might be the case,but wasn't sure, casey!...Talk about misguided priorities doh

That's about as sensible as chopping off your legs to save yourself buying shoes FFS.

Did they never sit down and discuss the idea of playing the reserve game BEFORE the main game as they do here in Australia? or is there some regulation set by the SFA/SPL that prohibits this happening?

I thought that might be the case,but wasn't sure, casey!...Talk about misguided priorities doh

That's about as sensible as chopping off your legs to save yourself buying shoes FFS.

Did they never sit down and discuss the idea of playing the reserve game BEFORE the main game as they do here in Australia? or is there some regulation set by the SFA/SPL that prohibits this happening?

I've never heard of that concept before but it actually sounds like quite a good one. On paper anyway.

It would be the ideal solution. I don't know about regulations preventing it, but the pitches would never hold up, making it a non-starter.

I've never heard of that concept before but it actually sounds like quite a good one. On paper anyway.

It has been done ever since I came here in the mid 1960's,so it's taken for granted I suppose.

I'm not sure whether they do it in the A-League these days but every other code of football does it.

Rugby league actually kicks off with an U/19s/21's game, then the reserve game and then the 1st grade kicks off about 3.00pm, so it gives the fans a good days football viewing if they wish to go to see the youngsters play before the main event.

It wouldn't be too hard for it happen if the youngsters/reserves played at say,12.15pm and the big boys kicked off at 3.15pm, but I guess the "traditionalists" would hoo-ha that idea as stupid, or find some reason for it not to happen,at the expense of seeing the standard of the kids improve.

It would be the ideal solution. I don't know about regulations preventing it, but the pitches would never hold up, making it a non-starter.

I thought about the pitches scenario, but surely the pitches of NON-SPL clubs are vastly under utilised anyway because they are only used for 90+ minutes every second week?

So what's to keep the SPL as-is (because another stumbling block to my suggestion could be television times) and let SPL clubs play their reserves in the SFL and have non-SPL grounds utilised to hold 2 games per day-per every other week?

To my mind, the problem with Scottish football is that they can't see outside the window for the fuckin stoor that's dimmed their outlook from the days of tackety boots.