Goodwillie charged with sexual assault

5cotland

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And we wonder why cases of rape are so terribly underreported.

Fact of the matter is, you do not know what did or did not happen. None of us do. I don't know how you can say thing like she probably consented and that there will be loads of witnesses to contradict the claims of rape. You don't know any of this! This kind of dismissive response has been cited many times as a reason why women who are victims don't come forward; they worry people won't believe them. None of us know what happened so we cannot make presumptions either way. Until such times as he is proven guilty, he is innocent. That is all any of us know.

The chances are he will not be found guilty; most rape cases don't result in a conviction so regardless of whether he done it or not, I very much doubt he'll end up in jail. Will he get not guilty or not proven though? A not proven verdict will probably end his career.

I am not saying he isnt guilty but that is my reasoning why he will be found not guilty. Another fact of the matter is that so many wee tarts have cried wolf about such things like this that the majority are sceptical when a footballer does get accused/charged with rape.

And we wonder why cases of rape are so terribly underreported.

Fact of the matter is, you do not know what did or did not happen. None of us do. I don't know how you can say thing like she probably consented and that there will be loads of witnesses to contradict the claims of rape. You don't know any of this! This kind of dismissive response has been cited many times as a reason why women who are victims don't come forward; they worry people won't believe them. None of us know what happened so we cannot make presumptions either way. Until such times as he is proven guilty, he is innocent. That is all any of us know.

The chances are he will not be found guilty; most rape cases don't result in a conviction so regardless of whether he done it or not, I very much doubt he'll end up in jail. Will he get not guilty or not proven though? A not proven verdict will probably end his career.

Fucks sake Kevin...........look at the guy, he's obviously a rapist.

I am not saying he isnt guilty but that is my reasoning why he will be found not guilty. Another fact of the matter is that so many wee tarts have cried wolf about such things like this that the majority are sceptical when a footballer does get accused/charged with rape.

you know nothing about what happened so the conclusions you are drawing are farcical....

Your reasoning is that the lassie is lying because others have. That's ridiculous reasoning. We, quite simply, don't know. He is currently innocent and will remain as such until it is proven that he done it. You cannot sit here and presume anything when you don't know the facts.

Didnt say she was lying. what i was giving was my presumption of things and my thoughts on how it will pan out. Just alot of the time it turns out the girl has lied and this may be an occasion where the person is not lying and if that is the case then goodwillie should get the sentence he deserves. All i am saying is that because of the amount of false claims people usually are sceptical about these sort of cases

Even without knowing anything about it, this case has not guilty written all over it. Every witness will have been drunk/high, including the complainer and suspected perpetrator. The cops will be lucky if they got one decent statement out of any of them. A brain donors night out.

you know nothing about what happened so the conclusions you are drawing are farcical....

i am not saying thats what happened all i am saying is that is how i think the case COULD pan out i am not trying to state facts just my thoughts on how it will go

Silly lad!

Dont want him anywhere near ibrox! (tu)

Guilty until proven innocent!?? His career takes a battering regardless if he's done it or not.

17 days after its happened and hes already been outed?? thats sick if it turns out to be false

Anonymity should be provided to the accused UNTIL they are convicted, and if this turns out to be a lie with substantial evidence, SHE should be named and shamed.

Absolutely rape is disgusting and the accused should be strung out if it turns out to be truth but its way too easy to accuse someone especially if its a footballer.

No, what you said is that you are presuming she consented and is now getting him charged with rape. I have no idea how you can come to such a presumption when you do not know a single fact about what went on, other than it involved David Goodwillie, a news party and a house in Armadale. I find it staggering how anyone can come to any conclusion either way.

Just a presumption from what little has been put out into the media. I am not saying i am right i am just putting together small pieces of what has been said and that is my conclusion. I am not saying i am correct at all just my thoughts.

Agreed on the first point but not the second. We can't always know its a lie. There could be a case of mistaken identity or quite simply lack of evidence. Nobody should be named and shamed because they have lost a court case, least of all people who are potentially victims or a horrific crime.

I'd like to agree, but its a tough call to make and one of the reasons why I stated "with substantial evidence"

But at present its too easy for sick minded women to ruin the life of any man with whom she has a grievance.

Agreed on the first point but not the second. We can't always know its a lie. There could be a case of mistaken identity or quite simply lack of evidence. Nobody should be named and shamed because they have lost a court case, least of all people who are potentially victims or a horrific crime.

Conversely, if no one has a right to rape and remain anonymous, then no one should have a right to falsely accuse another of rape and remain anonymous.

Rape ruins lives. False accusations of rape does, too.

Conversely, if no one has a right to rape and remain anonymous, then no one should have a right to falsely accuse another of rape and remain anonymous.

Rape ruins lives. False accusations of rape does, too.

The Tories were bringing in anonymity for the accused in England and Wales but I don't know how far they got with it.... <cr>

OOOFT!!! steady on guys........ does this no reek to you??

2 weeks after the alleged incident, and media interest from us.... THEN an accusation appears??

I know he is only a boy but ffs..... he's not THAT stupid. Drunk or Not!! From what was reported the other day.... David Robertson said SHE INVITED HIM back to her house alone from the party........ He went. She needs proof, cause he cant prove he didnt.

This kinda thing makes me sick, I cringe for women who have genuinly been attacked. Scam written all over it. Ask Greegz.

Nothing will wreck your good name quicker than a sexual offence.

When this is finished and his name cleared, I'd sign him in a flash. He needs a group of players to help look after him, we have that here, But "Whooshited" can kiss ta ta to £1.2m, £500,000 if they are lucky.

ooh and Funny how He wont sign for Sellick and THEY KNOW if we get him he'll be a league winner in his first season. Underhand tactics

If it was a Celtic player people on here would be falling over themselves with mock-outrage and schadenfruede.

SHOCK-HORROR.....TravelingWilBEARy does Typo on RM doh

Schadenfreude, you silly boy!...Mein Gott! :P:lol:

Dundee United are going to be fuming.

Sounds like they really needed to sell Goodwillie due to their finances.

Innocent until proven guilty for sure, but with this looming over him all January, I can't see anyone taking the risk.