David Healy signs for The Rangers

dc1872

Its all well and good having someone bursting a gut for the team he loves but his most succesful season was in england's second flight where he managed 15 goals in 42 games, and that was 6/7 years ago. Back when it was division 1 and lacking the quality the championship now does. His international strike rate has always excelled his domestic work but he has never transferred it to the Premier League or Championship/Division 1, there's nothing to suggest he can do it in the SPL.

Beattie has been awful I hope David can do better than him, though he does have 7 games to get a goal and beat his performances - not a huge ask.

I hope Healy does well but had it not been the fact he was a loyal bluenose, there wouldn't be so much happiness about this signing. From his domestic football history he has never been a goalscorer. Lets hope though that he provides a good foil for Jelavic and does well.

Being a loan deal it's less risky and hope this puts less pressure on him. Good luck Healy, just can't help being apprehensive about this signing.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Every signing is a gamble, every single one. The one thing that this signing will have above most is an absolute desire to succeed - a desire only matched by my own.

Welcome to the greatest club in the world David, but you already knew that.

I never wanted this, but it seems that Healy has arrived. So be it.

I don't think he will enhance our squad and I don't believe he will score goals.

However, like most of you I accept he is a Ranger, and I hope that he proves me totally wrong!

Sadly, this is the level to which we are now driven.

Why does people want Boyd back when his form is rotten. Boyd is playing for a mediocre Boro side who are struggling.

Healy has been struggling too. Rangers are giving Healy his final chance here and with the chances Rangers give him. I think Healy will take it. Its a lot easier to score for Rangers than it is to score for struggling 1st division teams.

Welcome David :crabflute:

Nae imagination at all walter. It's on you if we don't get 3 in a row!

Btw bet he doesn't start an old firm game, healy up front himself in Europe?

Walter hands are tied we,ve no money when are people gonnae get that into their heads. Healy might be the best deal going about just now within our budget. We just need to deal with it.

Healy is clearly a confidence player and i think we will see the best out of him if played consistently and in his correct position,which is a bit of a concern given walters track record in that department.

When he was at Preston his goal ratio was one in three ,at Leeds where they mostly played him on the wing it was one in four,NI was one in two and half,with very few cnahces being created so when he does get a chance he needed to be clinical.

I do think that given the chances we create he will score,needs a goal in his first couple of games i think,not everyones first choice but maybe he can surprise a few.

Come on David WATP.

Why does people want Boyd back when his form is rotten. Boyd is playing for a mediocre Boro side who are struggling.

Healy has been struggling too. Rangers are giving Healy his final chance here and with the chances Rangers give him. I think Healy will take it. Its a lot easier to score for Rangers than it is to score for struggling 1st division teams.

Welcome David :crabflute:

Is this what we have become, his final chance, the last chance saloon for a player who has averaged 8 goals a season over his career, and we think he is going to go some way to replacing KM's goals for £4k a week. We really have plumbed the depths if this is how it is.

Guest therabbitt

Is this what we have become, his final chance, the last chance saloon for a player who has averaged 8 goals a season over his career, and we think he is going to go some way to replacing KM's goals for £4k a week. We really have plumbed the depths if this is how it is.

What was Kenny Miller's average goals ratio per season before coming to Rangers? Even when he was at Rangers before this season?

As with any Rangers player i will support him and cheer him on as long as he wears the jersey, but the only good thing about this deal is that its a loan!

Beattie is a better player and a bigger goal threat than Healy, has played more games than Healy in the past year or two and yet people are saying Beattie is finished and happy Healy is signing!

If he wasnt Norn Irish and a vocal Rangers fan people would be going mental!

What was Kenny Miller's average goals ratio per season before coming to Rangers? Even when he was at Rangers before this season?

David Healy is far from being KM and no amount of wishful thinking will make it so, in the areas that matter KM has averaged 15 a season over his career, more importantly he has averaged 20 a season in the last three, in the last three Healy has averaged 2.7 goals per season. Dress up how you like £4k a week doesn't buy a lot for a club like ours.

Guest therabbitt

David Healy is far from being KM and no amount of wishful thinking will make it so, in the areas that matter KM has averaged 15 a season over his career, more importantly he has averaged 20 a season in the last three, in the last three Healy has averaged 2.7 goals per season. Dress up how you like £4k a week doesn't buy a lot for a club like ours.

I'm not dressing anything up, I'm just not going to write off a player before he's even pulled on the Rangers jersey (or signed!).

I'm not dressing anything up, I'm just not going to write off a player before he's even pulled on the Rangers jersey (or signed!).

It's up to him to prove doubters like myself wrong, as it is with a lot of signings. Kenny Miller's an example that shows general opinion can be changed if you do the business on the park, and for some people it wasn't just his footballing ability that was the reason for the signins being frowned upon.

I'm not going to pretend that I think Healy is a good signing just because you shouldn't 'write off a player', especially when they'll inevitably be fans who love this signing simply because he's a big Rangers ulsterman.

As with any signing i'm not happy with i'd be delighted to see David prove me wrong.