Who comes first in the pecking order

nvager

Guest therabbitt

Surely the boy kane hemmings should be in Walters thoughts once he's 100% match fit, scores for fun

He is training with the first team now.

If these two players contracts had been handled better we should have had good money for both of them.

Example Celtic have given ther young player Forrest a 5 year contract after a short time in the 1st team. we have given Ness a 2 year contract. After this season he will just have 1 year of his contract to run. We will then be in the same position as we were with Wilson, Boyd, Miller etc.

As for Beattie after this year he still has another year to go. We extended Webster's contract for 3 years and in that time he has played something like 3 or 4 games.

Is this all just bad luck?

I understand your reservations about Rangers management's poor signings and contracts but I don't think it was wise of Celtic to sign Forrest to a 5 year contract before he's played one full season in the SPL. What happens to them if he tires out and his woeful the rest of this season? Or is terrible next season? But if they've made a mistake, that's ok with me. :)

I understand your reservations about Rangers management's poor signings and contracts but I don't think it was wise of Celtic to sign Forrest to a 5 year contract before he's played one full season in the SPL. What happens to them if he tires out and his woeful the rest of this season? Or is terrible next season? But if they've made a mistake, that's ok with me. :)

I really dont care about Forrest at Celtic, just using him as an example to show up the Ness situation.

I've kind of talked myself into liking Healy for now, probably since he hasn't played yet! I think he'll get the nod for the next few games provided he's fit and ready to go?

From all the times I've seen him for NI and Fulham/Sunderland he's seems like the right kind of guy to play next to Jelavic- good at running into free space created by Jela via flick ons, and for all the grief he's gotten on here- he appears to be a much better finisher than Kenny Miller. That chip against Spain was godly

I would rather Beattie in my opinion,Healys goal scorin in the last 2 year has been pish,somethin like 4 goals correct me if im wrong...Anyways i just hope that Jelavic n Naismith keep fit to keep these 2 of the park..I had high hopes when Beattie joined but looks as if hes gonna be an expensive bench warmer.

I hope to God you're wrong nvager, the last thing we can afford right now is another benchwarmer. It's done now so all we can do is get behind him and hope for the best.

I still think our "scouting system" leaves a lot to be desired for a club of our size. Who knows they might surprise us yet before the window slams.

Beattie or Healy? What a feckin choice! Who would you say is the better? player?

Really Walter - best you could come up with? You agreed Ally?

Sorry lads but this is like having another two Rothens aboard ship.

Give him a fucking chance. Get behind the team and lets see how he does

If Smith had started with Beattie & Jelavic against Hibs, we may not actually have had to sign Healy. I'm 100% convinced that if we'd shown more desire against them we'd have scored more. 1 goal is all Beattie needs to boost his confidence....I'm sure of that. Smith dropped him all together. Wonder what that has done to his self belief now?

To answer he question though....it should be Beattie, unless of course Healy shows up better in training!

If its a loan deal he shouldnt play before any of our 1st team!!

Beattie was 1st choice at Sheffield Utd and playing games regularly for Stoke in the prem when Healy couldnt get a game for Ipswish or Doncaster!!

If people think Beattie is a waste of space then have a look at Healys recent record...

On paper Beattie is head and shoulders above him!