S Davis

nvager

Davis was playing so deep at times yesterday it was like he was playing right back. Okay he set up winner but lost the ball for their goal and didnt even bother chasing back.He is not the only one who needs a rocket up his arse.

You wont see the best of Davis till Smith is gone ...........

Funny that, Steven Davis was brilliant last season and Walter Smith was the manager at the time.

Like it has been said already, no one else is to blame for his inconsistent form other than Davis himself.

Everyone has a dip now and again and I have no doubt he will be back to his best soon. He just needs to bring a level of consistency back into his game.

Quite amusing how everyone thinks if we drop Lee McCulloch everything will be brilliant

I doubt Edu, Davis or Ness would have been back in the box to cut out the pass which prevented a certain Motherwell goal in the first half today

I noticed the commentators creaming over that. He walked back and kicked the ball out, hardly last gasp defending of the highest order.

He's terrible.

There is a brilliant player in Davis, he just hasn't shown it as much this season. Its probably his most inconsistent season for us, but hes not the only one that has been playin off form lately. Bougherra and Whittaker also spring to mind. I reckon Davis needs a decent partner beside him in CM, IF played there, that is willing to support him. Davis - Ness could turn out to be a brilliant partnership, or even Davis - Edu, but definitely not Davis - McCulloch. Also as Muff said, get him OFF set pieces, his corners are dire.

Remember though form is temporary, class is permanent.

Half the problem is Whittaker at right back. WS doesn't seem to trust playing a winger (Weiss in his proper position!) in front of him so puts Davis at right mid to cover for him. I don't think Davis has played centrally since Broadfoot got injured.

Davis needs a kick up the arse. He's pretty much guaranteed to start every game at the moment.

Get him dropped. Might be the wake up call he needs.

I think Davis has been poor this season by his own standards.

Play him through the middle with Edu and i feel they would compliment each other......out wide and he's wasted ,he may as well no be playing.

Agree 100% davis is totally wasted out wide

this is how we get davis to play good

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :bougherra: :weir: :papac:

:edu:

:davis: :ness:

:Naismith: :jelavic: :weiss:

but we need to be more attacking and link the midfield up with the strikers, with ness and davis as playmakers. we need to have more fluidity to our game and realise that we are the best and can rip teams apart if we werent so god darn negative at times.

Negative tactics and Walter's penchant for playing flair players in positions where they lose their flair

thats utter pish. you should still be able to hold on to the ball and pass a the ball to your team m8s. He done one good thing yesterday with that pass to jelavic.

but That doesn't matter to some fans,he can be pish for months and do someting brilliant in 1 game and then he's a hero.

I am sick of this shite attitude at Rangers.

Davis needs a kick up the arse. He's pretty much guaranteed to start every game at the moment.

Get him dropped. Might be the wake up call he needs.

(tu) I think he wants away to England. When he looses the ball he just jogs back as if he couldn't give a fuck. There are a few players like that but i have noticed it with davis for most of this season.

thats utter pish. you should still be able to hold on to the ball and pass a the ball to your team m8s. He done one good thing yesterday with that pass to jelavic.

but That doesn't matter to some fans,he can be pish for months and do someting brilliant in 1 game and then he's a hero.

I am sick of this shite attitude at Rangers.

How is it pish?

When Scott Brown was injured, Lennon actually played with 2 creative players in central midfield (Ki and Ledley) and didn't even play a holding midfielder. Compare that to us. 2 holding midfielders at all times. Our most creative player shunted to the right wing and asked to track back etc. It's fucking farcical.

How people expect Davis, Naismith, Jelavic to dictate a game when our tactics are 'hoof it up to Jelavic' is beyond me