*** Official Formula One 2011 Thread ***

Jamie1807

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick Heidfield and Bruno Senna will share driving duties for testing at Jerez.

Pretty much whoever does the best will partner Vitaly Petrov until Robert Kubica can return.

I like Heidfield, but I really want Bruno Senna in the car, what's the point in being first reserve if you can't get a drive when one of the drivers is injured?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Lewis Hamilton had dismissed Red Bull Racing as just a drinks company.

He's going to look mighty stupid when this drinks companies car overtakes him in his under par McLaren

He sure does.

Win the Championship this year and he can shove his face in as many tits as he can. :21:

He will give it a shake I can tell you!

By rights, he should have won it last year, but fucked up in Valencia and Korea.

I notice that Scottish people are finally taking notice of young Paul di Resta, which is a good thing. I have watched that kid since he raced in the Formula Three Euroseries in 2005 and have been impressed with him...It's amazing the amount of Scots who don't realise that he is Dario Franchitti's cousin.

I told people on here last year to look out for him this year, so I hope he brains them.

Seeing as how you are interested in racing, here's a wee tip for you...Keep an eye out for a young Aussie by the name of Daniel Ricciardo who will be back-up driver for Toro Rosso this season, and I can assure you that if either Sebastien Buemi or Jaime Alguersuari fuck up or get injured, they won't get back in.

I rate this kid a far better driver than Webber, so I'm confident he will be a star, all things being equal (silly thing to say about F1, I know)

While I think of it, Jenson Button ran four laps of Mount Panorama,Bathurst, two days ago in Lewis Hamilton's title winning MP4-23 and it was a buzz.

I've been going up that Mountain for every car race since 1970,and I never thought I'd see the day where I'd be watching a fair dinkum F1 world championship winning car go round that track so fast...In fact, I didn't think an F1 car would even make it round that track at any decent speed, so I can tell you now that Jenson Button is in form for the weekend at Albert Park.

I don't know if he can manage the trifecta carrying on his wins the past two years, but he has a good a chance as anybody.

He will give it a shake I can tell you!

By rights, he should have won it last year, but fucked up in Valencia and Korea.

I notice that Scottish people are finally taking notice of young Paul di Resta, which is a good thing. I have watched that kid since he raced in the Formula Three Euroseries in 2005 and have been impressed with him...It's amazing the amount of Scots who don't realise that he is Dario Franchitti's cousin.

I told people on here last year to look out for him this year, so I hope he brains them.

Seeing as how you are interested in racing, here's a wee tip for you...Keep an eye out for a young Aussie by the name of Daniel Ricciardo who will be back-up driver for Toro Rosso this season, and I can assure you that if either Sebastien Buemi or Jaime Alguersuari fuck up or get injured, they won't get back in.

I rate this kid a far better driver than Webber, so I'm confident he will be a star, all things being equal (silly thing to say about F1, I know)

While I think of it, Jenson Button ran four laps of Mount Panorama,Bathurst, two days ago in Lewis Hamilton's title winning MP4-23 and it was a buzz.

I've been going up that Mountain for every car race since 1970,and I never thought I'd see the day where I'd be watching a fair dinkum F1 world championship winning car go round that track so fast...In fact, I didn't think an F1 car would even make it round that track at any decent speed, so I can tell you now that Jenson Button is in form for the weekend at Albert Park.

I don't know if he can manage the trifecta carrying on his wins the past two years, but he has a good a chance as anybody.

Yeah, he was unlucky and probably deserved it.

But, I don't think he should go down the Barrichello road and blame Red Bull for maybe favouring one driver, Vettel still deserves to be a World Champion. Webber made some mistakes, but he's far more consistent to become a World Champion than Barrichello ever was/will be.

I think Ricciardo is also the test driver for Red Bull as well? So, he must be doing something right. I think if Mark Webber moves on after this season, Jaime Alguersuari will move up to Red Bull like Vettel did, well if Jaime has a solid season.

I've known about Paul DiResta for a few years now, it's great to have a Scottish driver back on the Formula One grid, if things had gone as I had planned them when I was 6-13 there might have been two Scottish drivers. Hopefully he fares better than Coulthard did, I could see him at McLaren, Ferrari or Red Bull in a few years if he lives up to his potential.

Jenson Button for me is a very underrated driver, people used to go on about how shit he was when he drove for BAR-Honda, which was a fecking milk float most of the time. Some expected him to be blown away by Lewis Hamilton in the McLaren, but it didn't quite happen although I find Hamilton a wee bit overrated by many. Button seems to have the same mindset as Alain Prost, he's very clever. Like his win at Australia last year was him using his brain to pit early.