*** Official Formula One 2011 Thread ***

Jamie1807

Im up, fcuking stupid Australian pricks being in a different time zone :disappointment:

Hamilton for a win today, piece of piss :sherlock:

:lol: Whit a fuckin mental thing tae say!

Hamilton's chances ended 1.2 seconds after the race started.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perez, Kobayashi and Sauber have gotten their points taken away for infringing technical rules.

So that means Paul DiResta is awarded his first Formula One point :5260:

Although I do feel sorry for Sergio Perez, he had an incredible drive

Hamilton - Good driver, overrated as sin though.

That Sergio Perez looks like a star in the making though, very impressed!

how can you say hamilton is overrated, first season beats his teamate,2 time world champion in alonso, drove the pants of a dog of a car the following year and beat button last year. I don't think he is the fastest pure driver out there, vettel i think is, but i would say hamilton is the most complete driver now and gets the most out of the car than anyone else. If hamilton had the redbull last year or even the ferrari, he would have won the wdc last year.

how can you say hamilton is overrated, first season beats his teamate,2 time world champion in alonso, drove the pants of a dog of a car the following year and beat button last year. I don't think he is the fastest pure driver out there, vettel i think is, but i would say hamilton is the most complete driver now and gets the most out of the car than anyone else. If hamilton had the redbull last year or even the ferrari, he would have won the wdc last year.

Hamilton's not the most complete driver.

Fernando Alonso is the most complete driver on the grid, and he will be until he retires.

By the way Hamilton never beat Alonso in his first year, they were actually equal. Still great for a rookie being equal with the two time world champion, but it's a false notion that Hamilton beat Alonso

No offence mate but this is bollocks, especially the bold part. Hamilton would be average in a weaker car,had the luxury of being the McLaren golden-boy since he joined.

As for beating Alonso, why do you think Fernando wanted out McLaren so fast? Because they were using his ability to get the car going for Hamilton and trying to help Lewis more than Alonso. Then there is the spycate scenario with McLaren.

I'm not even going to get into Glock in 2008.

Hamilton makes more stupid errors than most drivers on the grid, his driving is erratic and the other drivers have complained about this.

As for the final part you just admitted Hamilton needs the best car to win the title, unlike an Alonso whom won with a weaker car, something Hamilton will never do. Let's not forget McLaren are one the biggest teams in the sport, so the car point is rather poor because he is not driving for the poorest teams. Vettel would still have won the title even if Hamilton was his partner, because Red Bull don't help out one driver over the other.

Exactly.

I'm not going to take anything away from Hamilton, he's a talented boy as is the majority of any driver who gets into Formula One.

Look at last year, McLaren probably had a better car than Ferrari did and halfway through Alonso was like 40 odd points behind Hamilton before Alonso kicked up 2 gears and finished the season 12 points in front of him.

I know this isn't fair to say as he's only had one race, but I think Hamilton would struggle against Paul DiResta if they had the same car, DiResta is someone who should have been in Formula One years ago.

F1 is just about who has the fastest car. Most of them are all very similar in ability. You could stick the driver that finished last in the drivers table last year in a Red Bull and he would be getting podiums.

I'm not taking anything away from Vettel as he is one of the best currently but for one race I'd love to see them all in the same car to see who is the best.

F1 is just about who has the fastest car. Most of them are all very similar in ability. You could stick the driver that finished last in the drivers table last year in a Red Bull and he would be getting podiums.

I'm not taking anything away from Vettel as he is one of the best currently but for one race I'd love to see them all in the same car to see who is the best.

Would never happen, and it shouldn't either IMO.

It's just as much about the teams than drivers, like you wouldn't have a Ferrari works car running with a Renault engine, or a Mercedes running a BMW engine.

Not all of them are of similar abillity, some drivers should never have made it to Formula One over the years, teams sometimes put in drivers because they bring a lot of sponsorship money

Agreed, although I do think there are drivers out there that would struggle more in a weaker car, whilst other drivers have had the ability to win titles with a weaker car, i.e Alonso.

I'd love to see a whole season like that, spoke about it a few times with mate of mine whom is a massive F1 fan.

Same as Michael Schumacher back when he won his first titles, Benetton was a good car, but wasn't as good as the Williams at the time.

Some say that Schumacher only won the 1994 title because Ayrton Senna had died at the start of the season, which I don't think is very fair as Schumacher had been getting the better of Senna the last few races before Senna passed.

I've heard some say that if Lewis Hamilton came up against a young Michael Schumacher that Hamilton would wipe the floor with him :lol: never heard so much balls in my life.

Exactly.

Schumacher would have wiped the floor with Lewis, I've heard even more ridiculous comments saying Hamilton was better than Senna.

Deluded mate. :sleep1:

:lol: Hamilton will be lucky to win much more titles, if Vettel remains in a good car and with DiResta, Perez and Kubica kicking about if they get to a better car.

I've heard people say that Schumacher didn't deserve any of his seven world titles, although it's mainly Hamilton marks who say it, yes Schumacher has made some silly mistakes, but you can't fault his driving ability :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Was a very good race, Webber put in an excellent shift considering he had no KERS for the whole race.

and wow Petrov got some air eh??

Stupid from Petrov.

He should have just stopped the car in the gravel, he could have damaged his back with the hang time he got.

Was a very good race, Webber put in an excellent shift considering he had no KERS for the whole race.

and wow Petrov got some air eh??

Aye! and they reckon Red Bull gives you wings? Petrov nearly overdosed on the shit :sherlock: