Gordon better than Shagger

broxi51

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gordon is still ridiculously good. saves he makes shagger couldnt.

mcgregor would be better if he was gordons height though.

scotland are lucky to have what 6 top keepers?

Gordon/mcgregor

alexander

gilks

marshall

bell

in that order too.

was funny at the scotland v faroes match someone behind me shouted "good saver number 2"

Gordon was and always has been/will be over rated. He's a good keeper. The only reason shagger hasn't been rated higher is both due to timing and media perception. When Gordon got praise shagger was no2 at ibrox. Gordon was no1 at hearts and pulling off dream saves. Got him the scotland no1 job. It's McGregors shot and in my opinion his time to prove he is the best BRITISH keeper out there. I just hope we keep him after the league IS WON! WATP

Shaggers the best keeper in Britain atm. Gordon on his day is a top quality keeper as seen by that unbelievable save the other week but Shagger is far more consistant. There's a reason that McGregor is Scotland number 1 ahead of Gordon...

I used to say Gordon was the better keeper but over the past year or two i think McGregor has raised his game enormously. To a point where i'd say he's definitely Scotland's No.1 keeper.

With our much publicised financial situation i'm very, very surprised nobody down south or across Europe has made a bid for McGregor because he's most definitely one of the best shot stoppers in Britain. His only flaw in his game which could use improving is his decision making but his tremendous reflex abilities make up for that minor lapse.

Also this talk of McGregor being valued at £5m? Away tae fuck! If he was English and playing for an EPL team they'd be wanting three times that value. I'd say he's minimum, minimum worth £7m but i'd say his value ranges from £7-9m especially considering Gordon went for £9m. Something that still baffles me to this day.

I think McGregor would be a great signing for a club like Spurs, Man Utd or Arsenal. Especially the latter considering who their keepers are.

Gordon is still ridiculously good. saves he makes shagger couldnt.

mcgregor would be better if he was gordons height though.

scotland are lucky to have what 6 top keepers?

Gordon/mcgregor

alexander

gilks

marshall

bell

in that order too.

was funny at the scotland v faroes match someone behind me shouted "good saver number 2"

Too far

;)

I would say its much harder prizing away McGregor from Rangers than it was for Sunderland to buy Gordon from Hearts.

Frankly, that's complete nonsense. If a BPL club wanted him he'd be gone for a bid of around £5-7 million.

I'm not just saying this because of being a Rangers supporter but Alexander and Shagger and quite a few others in the SPL are miles ahead of where Gordon is at the moment, Craig Gordon has gotten steadily worse over the years and recently is like an accident waiting to happen. He flaps at crosses and looks so weak and ineffectual. Seriously the guy is in a bad place mentally, can't do his confidence much good getting humped week in week out in the Premiership.

I cannot believe anyone would think that skinny wimp Gordon was even close to what we having playing at Rangers, and I include our young keepers like Gallagher, Inglis and Adam in that.

I'm not just saying this because of being a Rangers supporter but Alexander and Shagger and quite a few others in the SPL are miles ahead of where Gordon is at the moment, Craig Gordon has gotten steadily worse over the years and recently is like an accident waiting to happen. He flaps at crosses and looks so weak and ineffectual. Seriously the guy is in a bad place mentally, can't do his confidence much good getting humped week in week out in the Premiership.

I cannot believe anyone would think that skinny wimp Gordon was even close to what we having playing at Rangers, and I include our young keepers like Gallagher, Inglis and Adam in that.

You do know Sunderland are in seventh place in the BPL at the moment? That's about as good as a position they could reasonably hope to achieve...getting humped week in week out my arse.

As for the last sentence... mellow.gif

McGregor is an unbelievably talented goalkeeper.

Couldn't really give a fuck how good Gordon is, not sure why anyone else does.

I for one hope the rest of the world never realise what a good keeper McGregor is so we can keep him for the rest of his career!

Frankly, that's complete nonsense. If a BPL club wanted him he'd be gone for a bid of around £5-7 million.

Read the whole thread next time you try and have a go.

Speaking to Jim, i said "from a players point of view", that is obvious! Its much easier to leave Hearts to goto any team in the BPL, than leave Britains second biggest institution and European football to go fight relegation in England.

McGregor woudlnt leave us to play bottom half of Premiership, imo.

£5m doh

(tu)