El Hadji Diouf

Irwin Sparkes

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me the postive's today to change my mind! FFS i am hardly going to be over the moon getting raped aff Celtic no matter how many of our fans claim everything is rosy!

I'm not saying everything is rosy, it's nowhere near rosy. I just don't want every second thread I read to be about you slagging off every player that played today. I agree we were shite, but I'm not opening up a thread every so often about it.

Anyone who says El Hadji Diouf is pish has lost it. The guy was our best player today by far, the only one trying to get the team going and the fact he had phsically scream at the team for someone to make themselves available at a throw in really pissed me off. He is a good player when played in his correct position which imo is striker. Oh what do you know Jelavic needs a strike partner put 2 and 2 together Walter FFS!!!

I think at times he looks around the team and thinks "what the fuck is going on?" and can't believe how poor his teammates are.

It's bad days when you've got a forward/winger coming all the way back to your defence to pick the ball up and try and create something.

Then the throw in. At that point you could see he was disgusted with his teammates.

He didn't have a good game by any means but I will not blame him.

I'm not surprised he went mental when nobody would move for the throw in, I've noticed it a few times this season and on Thursday, some players giving Foster an earbashing when there was constantly a Sporting player inbetween Foster and whichever player.

Make yourself avaliable, you can't expect the throw-in taker to go for some kinda glory throw

What drives me mental is how long we take for a throw in. Its like on the left Papac has to take every throw in. I honestly cant remember the last time we took a quick decisive throw in.

Diouf is one of these players who knows exactly how to get his fans onside so that his poor performances will go unnoticed

Dyes his hair blue. Snarls at opposition players. Claps before a corner. Etc Etc

Yet he can't play a simple pass, is possibly the greediest player i've seen in the last 5-10 years, and seems to just roam from one position to another offering fuck all in any of them

It's working though. After the other night against Sporting there were folk heralding him as our best player by an absolute mile etc. I'll wait until he actually does something productive.

Nah mate. Diouf, talent wise, is probably up there with the most talented bears of all time through the course of his career.

An absolutely majestic footballer when on his game and not wound up. It's a fucking privilege to be watching a guy of this calibre in the blue jersey.

Most talented bears of all time? Are you mental?

Diouf is one of these players who knows exactly how to get his fans onside so that his poor performances will go unnoticed

Dyes his hair blue. Snarls at opposition players. Claps before a corner. Etc Etc

Yet he can't play a simple pass, is possibly the greediest player i've seen in the last 5-10 years, and seems to just roam from one position to another offering fuck all in any of them

It's working though. After the other night against Sporting there were folk heralding him as our best player by an absolute mile etc. I'll wait until he actually does something productive.

Either you're at it or you're blind.

'Can't play a pass' :lol:

Probably because the rest of the team are too thick to see what he's doing (The throws being the clearest sign).

How many times did you see him take the ball down the flank with 1,2 or 3 Celtic players around him yet no Rangers players were offering a run or pass?! He had no support all game and the team expected him (like they do with Wiess etc) to just create. One player in the box and the rest of the team stuck in our half is not acceptable.

At least he didn't hide.

He's spent his entire career as a fucking forward and our tactics didn't allow him to get within twenty yards of their final third yesterday.

Then we moved him further forward, he had a small sniff at goal and then we subbed him

Bizarre

(tu)

Only guy on the same wavelength is Jelavic and we hung him out to dry as well.

Overrated? Have a lie down.

If it was Lafferty, that had missed the amount of chances Jelavic missed yesterday, We'd be screaming for him to fuck off. I rate the big man and certainly think he'll do a job for us, but he should have at least put one on target or finished one yesterday. i know he didn't have the support etc etc, but he still had two or three chances, especially the header inside the six yard box he headed past.

Diouf?, Well the Jury's still out for me.