We don't miss McCulloch.

PaulRFC1

I don't believe that bringing McCulloch back is the long-term answer. But I have to say, when he plays, we never seem to get out-fought, and the opposition definitely don't have long on the ball, and as someone else mentioned, Weir relies heavily on him. In short, some types of game suit McCulloch (I think he'd have made a difference today), and some don't (some European games for example.)

David Weir has been missing him.

Your correct. Weir relies on McCulloch big time. Im not bigging up McCulloch though, hes a fair player, but for a couple of million you could buy a center half that does the job of Weir and McCulloch. Let the midfield concentrate more on building attacks, and allow the manager to get away from this midfield 5 thats hampering our old firm chances.

He's certainly the best of a bad lot in CM.

I sometimes don't appreciate his simplicity but today we could have used it. Still not a big fan of his and in any other scenario I would never have him in CM or even our first team but we need him in games like today.

I'd put my left baw on it that we would't of conceded that 1st goal if Big Lee was playing. Davie would of been sitting deeper and Lee would of been the one going to Hooper.

It would just be masking the main problem though, and that's David Weir.

This shoehorning players in, like we did with McCulloch has to stop. We need to progress as a club, not just continue with these stop gaps.

It would just be masking the main problem though, and that's David Weir.

This shoehorning players in, like we did with McCulloch has to stop. We need to progress as a club, not just continue with these stop gaps.

Aww of course, I was going to say that doesn't certainly mean I'd be happy with McCulloch and Weir playing. As I said in another thread, give Davie a good send off now before we remember him for the wrong reasons.

Got 2nd that, we missed Kevin Thomson, big time, is it a surprise Brown has suddenly blossomed into a midfield hard man in Thomson's abscence, their midfield is unquestionably more skillful than our's, but we can't counter it with tough hard working footballers, cause we DON'T have any!