International Media report on 'them winning'

ChrisNZ

Hi all

Im from New Zealand and have started to notice that whenever they win, its reported, but when Rangers beats them, we never hear a word of it.

The 3 main channels all reported that embarrassing loss here, but when it comes the other way, we see nothing.

A couple of months ago i even sent an email to one of the stations but didnt get a reply.

Even in the champions league, when we do have that rare win, or some success that we had in the Europe in 2008, there was very little about. Last year they liked to report on the Timmys Champions League losses and I think the only games they covered were the ones we had with Man Utd.

Im quite disappointed but im sure its nothing new.

Just interested to know what people from around the world outside of the U.K. see on tv when it comes to the old firm rivalry and is there any apparent bias.

Hi all

Im from New Zealand and have started to notice that whenever they win, its reported, but when Rangers beats them, we never hear a word of it.

The 3 main channels all reported that embarrassing loss here, but when it comes the other way, we see nothing.

A couple of months ago i even sent an email to one of the stations but didnt get a reply.

Even in the champions league, when we do have that rare win, or some success that we had in the Europe in 2008, there was very little about. Last year they liked to report on the Timmys Champions League losses and I think the only games they covered were the ones we had with Man Utd.

Im quite disappointed but im sure its nothing new.

Just interested to know what people from around the world outside of the U.K. see on tv when it comes to the old firm rivalry and is there any apparent bias.

Our PR is abysmal and although its not directly associated with the world wide press, Celtic do get their case/name and brand out further afield than us. Their PR machine is outstanding, it maybe Timmy propaganda, but it works.

The ignoring of Rangers is not anything new at all.

The love of the Fenian is growing globally

Even listening to Neil McCann (a former ranger who pretty much single handedly won us the league at the peadodome) Licked lemons arse and sucked his wee ginger banger yesterday in the sky studio after the game. That disgusted me, I refuse point blank to recognise him as a former ranger now.

The luck of the irish bollox and tiddlelee diddlelee dee music doesn't harm their cause either.

Expat bears can Correct me If I'm wrong but I'd bet a few bob that RFC fans are portrayed to the iternstional community as a bunch of Fenian hating thugs that cause trouble and don't do alot more than hate Fenians.

Anyone?

I've stopped watching football on the news here Chris, I just get angry and yell at the TV. Hamish McKay, Craig Stanaway and Andrew Saville are complete idiots when it comes to football.

Yeah I have to agree. TVNZ and TV3 must be using the same source of football news, and its pretty much the same with Prime and the Crowd goes Wild which im generally a fan of because of its wider reporting, but no gers win news to date.

Chris, it's a nightmare over here in the States, especially where I live (just outside of Boston). You see their manky tops often, but never see or hear a peep about us unless it's something disparaging being said. Feck 'em wi a bishop's mitre - I'd far rather be in a minority of one and support the Chosen Team then cavort with that daemonic hauf-wit throng.

I blame their deal with Nike tbh.

definitely agree with this. a nike/adidas deal would be hugely beneficial. you have to see those rank timmy tops in niketown, and ours are occasionally seen in JJB. nike own umbro, and you'll see man city and england shirts in nike stores, but not rangers. the JJB deal, and the lack of global profile of umbro does fuck us over too

I blame their deal with Nike tbh.

Signing international players from around the world helps too.

Asian player of the year etc, players from South America, Asia and the like.

Nike is major for them though, we are stuck with Umbro which is embarrassing by comparison and doesnt have nearly the same exposure.

definitely agree with this. a nike/adidas deal would be hugely beneficial. you have to see those rank timmy tops in niketown, and ours are occasionally seen in JJB. nike own umbro, and you'll see man city and england shirts in nike stores, but not rangers. the JJB deal, and the lack of global profile of umbro does fuck us over too

Big time.

I've stopped watching football on the news here Chris, I just get angry and yell at the TV. Hamish McKay, Craig Stanaway and Andrew Saville are complete idiots when it comes to football.

What the fuck are these three doing commenting on a game they have absolutely no idea of? :anguish:

Stanaway should stick to cricket or Rugby...and as for Hamish McKay and Andrew Saville! doh Yould be better off with fuckin Hamish MacBeth and Jimmy Savile than those two when it comes to our code of football.

Nike is major for them though, we are stuck with Umbro which is embarrassing by comparison and doesnt have nearly the same exposure.

Yeah I have to agree.

Last time we had nike, they had Umbro if I remember correctly but a good kit deal and some decent international marketing would do us no harm.

They just started to do the Rangers training programme here, but need to go more high profile in the world.

That 92-94 kit was a memorable one and I think adidas might be the way to go.

The Scottish National Team managed to pull them in. Rangers return for money would have to be far in excess of what they could do.

Celtic kits are one of the highest sellers in America, I'm not even sure they sell the Scottish champions kits over there :rolleyes: I do like Umbro, but a deal with Nike or Adidas would be brilliant for us.

You're right about all these dog eaters they bring in like Zhi, Nakamura, Ri, Ki... gets a lot of exposure for them to sell their shite all over the world.

Celtic kits are one of the highest sellers in America, I'm not even sure they sell the Scottish champions kits over there :rolleyes: I do like Umbro, but a deal with Nike or Adidas would be brilliant for us.

You're right about all these dog eaters they bring in like Zhi, Nakamura, Ri, Ki... gets a lot of exposure for them to sell their shite all over the world.

I was on an American website, selling kits from around the world. I went into the Scottish part, 2 clubs were there, Celtic and Hearts. I couldnt believe my eyes. They had 1 Hearts kit and i mean loads of Celtic stuff, one could have been forgiven for thinking it was a link from the Celtic Shop! :( Im not a fan of Umbro at all, i think it holds us back, no end, just like Diadora did, its a cheap alternative to a classy manufacturer.

It sure does, if they are good enough for them, they must be able to do us a turn too, surely. were nto that far apart in terms of quality right now! We just dont have the brains to find or sign them and we certainly dont have the manager to turn them into shirt sellers and real assets.

(tu)

Yeah I have to agree.

Last time we had nike, they had Umbro if I remember correctly but a good kit deal and some decent international marketing would do us no harm.

They just started to do the Rangers training programme here, but need to go more high profile in the world.

That 92-94 kit was a memorable one and I think adidas might be the way to go.

The Scottish National Team managed to pull them in. Rangers return for money would have to be far in excess of what they could do.

Spot on mate. (tu)

Adidas is what we should be. The best of the best. We just dont have the ambition right now.

(tu)