Lafferty is a lone Ranger

djbroxybear

Weiss is backing Lafferty in the lone strikers role tomorrow night, it looks like Walters going 4-5-1 again Weiss is talking in the ET. I dont know about anyone else but Lafferty cant play that one upfront role , i would rather see 4-4-2 with him and Healy upfront rather on his own.... Or can Diouf play upfront with Healy...

Whats your thoughts..

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't have anyone that can play the 'lone striker' role.

Lafferty - not good enough

Healy - not enough physical presence

Diouf - not an out and out striker

I would be tempted to play Healy with Diouf playing just beside him but with our midfield being over run in every game at the minute Smith will definitely play 5 in midfield. We are really missing McCullochs dig and Ness' ball retention!

Sadly Lafferty can do it - played a blinder in the roll for N.I. v Poland in the game that he got injured!

True watched that game and with the right service he did really well, Scored a Decent goal against Hearts a few weeks back too.

Weiss is backing Lafferty in the lone strikers role tomorrow night, it looks like Walters going 4-5-1 again Weiss is talking in the ET. I dont know about anyone else but Lafferty cant play that one upfront role , i would rather see 4-4-2 with him and Healy upfront rather on his own.... Or can Diouf play upfront with Healy...

Whats your thoughts..

You didnt need to add the "that one upfront role" after the highlighted part :):sherlock:

Whats your thoughts..

we dont have alot of options but i would try to play 442 regardless.

if you start him and healy then you leave yourself very little to chage the game if it goes wrong.

perhaps if you play weiss diouf and fleck in the midfield 5 you get enough support for lafferty.

Even if we did play 4-4-2 and scored early in the game we would end up changing back to 4-5-1 and defending the lead for the whole game anyway whats getting to me is its a game we need to score so why dont we just go out play like its a cup final and attack attack attack what have we got to lose ?

we dont have alot of options but i would try to play 442 regardless.

if you start him and healy then you leave yourself very little to chage the game if it goes wrong.

perhaps if you play weiss diouf and fleck in the midfield 5 you get enough support for lafferty.

why take the chance of it going wrong in the first place? if we start 2 up top and it goes wrong then we're doomed. start with 2 up top and get fired into the bastards, we aren't capable of grabbing a goal and defending for the rest of the game when we're away anymore.

Even if we did play 4-4-2 and scored early in the game we would end up changing back to 4-5-1 and defending the lead for the whole game anyway whats getting to me is its a game we need to score so why dont we just go out play like its a cup final and attack attack attack what have we got to lose ?

(tu)