Article about our songs in Lisbon

Professor Roy Greenslade's media column on the Guardian website. Obviously we treat Spiers like the imbecile he is, but this will be seen and read across the UK. Disappointing.

The same roy greenslime who provided the foreword on Phil McGobblegiver's laughable excuse for a book? Him?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2000/jul/08/society.politics?INTCMP=SRCH

He wrote this review of a book in the grauniad. This cvnt has an axe to grind.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was clear early last week there was going to be a renewed attack on our club/support by the usual suspects.

McGillivan was in direct contact with UEFA and raising the Billy Boys issue amongst his kin - be it 'neutrals' like Scotzine, experienced crusaders like Spiers/McNally, online Celtic blogs such as CQN and new friends such as the Professor in the opening piece.

As such, it was inevitable that after we sung anything 'unacceptable', the claws would be out after the game and the 2005/06 faux offence plan put back into action.

What else do you think Phil and Graham spoke about at the Aviva Stadium the other week?

PS: It's no coincidence that the 5 year probationary period since the UEFA Directive was communicated to Rangers is up in the next month or two. That's why the bee has suddenly appeared back in the Spiers bonnet.

Im struggling to get my head round this,spiers and mcgillivan meet up in Dublin last month to once again make up some nonsense to convince UEFA how offensive the word Fenian is to the Irish and people of Irish descent and yet on the short journey these two cretins would have made from Dublin city centre to the Aviva stadium,one of the streets they would have passed through is called..............................................FENIAN STREET!!!!!! The word is so offensive a street was named after it..REALLY?. I would hope UEFA and Rangers would now go after these two(spiers and mcgillivan) along with the two Irish UEFA members who appealed the first decision to find Rangers not guilty. Time to go after the REAL BIGOTS!

Those dismissing Greenslade as an irrelevance are very wrong. He's an influential figure in journalism and whilst the Guardian media section is niche it is widely read in the media and by opinion formers. If he has indeed been recruited to Speirs 'cause' then he'll be a handy ally for him.

For those saying 'fuck em' remember anyone not from these parts reading pieces like that coupled with seeing that You Tube video of the guy being thrown in the fountain will have a pretty poor impression of us. Contrived, orchestrated or whatever, we really should wise up.

Those dismissing Greenslade as an irrelevance are very wrong. He's an influential figure in journalism and whilst the Guardian media section is niche it is widely read in the media and by opinion formers. If he has indeed been recruited to Speirs 'cause' then he'll be a handy ally for him.

For those saying 'fuck em' remember anyone not from these parts reading pieces like that coupled with seeing that You Tube video of the guy being thrown in the fountain will have a pretty poor impression of us. Contrived, orchestrated or whatever, we really should wise up.

How would a youtube video of somebody getting chucked into a fountain in a place where it was 20C plus be a bad impression wise up.

Have you ever heard of the word FUN.

I think if any support is getting away with anything it's the beggars, it's said in that article that their songs aren't as bad as ours basically, which is no cause for concern. Rangers are the problem of course we always are. It's mentioned the word Fenian as being sectarian well has creepy-baws been listening to the rhats with "Paddy McCourts fenian army"? Use it when it suits you Spears, bitter drag queen

Bill Leckie never fails to mention it, as do writers in the record so I would hardly say people are not talking about it or it isn't getting coverage.

Like you say both sides are as bad as each other but I honestly don't see the problem. At the end of the day they are just songs and the only people getting offended are knob ends like Graham Spiers who have a hard on for telling us how to support our club.

He, and the rest of them, can go and take a fuck to themselves. Let Celtic sing what they want, let us sing what we want. Let us enjoy our football the way we want to.

And on the whole "Fuck the Pope" thing, fuck him. He is the head of a horrible Church that has ruined so many lives and continues to do so. Fuck him, fuck their Church. I have no problem with Catholics, just their Church.

Very WellSaid.

The cretin is a cnut!

Im struggling to get my head round this,spiers and mcgillivan meet up in Dublin last month to once again make up some nonsense to convince UEFA how offensive the word Fenian is to the Irish and people of Irish descent and yet on the short journey these two cretins would have made from Dublin city centre to the Aviva stadium,one of the streets they would have passed through is called..............................................FENIAN STREET!!!!!! The word is so offensive a street was named after it..REALLY?. I would hope UEFA and Rangers would now go after these two(spiers and mcgillivan) along with the two Irish UEFA members who appealed the first decision to find Rangers not guilty. Time to go after the REAL BIGOTS!

Again... Very Well Said.

There most certainly is a considerable lance which Rangers have failed to lance - the writings/lies of one Graeme Spiers.

The same individual who at the time of ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ poster shame managed to drag our club into something which we werent involved in and falsely accused us of parading servicemen in an attempt at one upmanship over Celtic. Probably the most poisonous lie written about our club in recent times and which Spiers got away with scot free.

There is a video of them doing it as well in Barcelona. Poor form imo, the guy was obvioulsy mentally ill or something..but thats just the ned mentality..pick on the weak when in a larger group. Got them in every city/town in the UK, bad impression yes..but nothing else. I've said it before..its the FTP chants that will get us in Europe..especially when playing in Catholic countries..just a matter of time.

How would a youtube video of somebody getting chucked into a fountain in a place where it was 20C plus be a bad impression wise up.

Have you ever heard of the word FUN.

I wasn't there so I've no idea what actually happened or the context in which it happened. All I can comment on is the impression it creates to those seeing it for the first time, particularly when it is described as 'Rangers fans throw homeless man into fountain'.

The fun to be had from picking on the homeless has largely passed me by I'm afraid, if that is what happened of course.