Full house next Thursday

Carsons Dog

Can't believe people aren't excited and choking to get to this game

I know most can't afford it but for those who can and would rather watch on tv need to go and get their arses there

When the Dutch are in town it's usually jumping

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the whole Broomloan front should be jumping. the atmosphere is so much better when the away team have a big crowd in. i.e man u, Stuttgart.

Hopefully,we need every single bear going to sing for 90 mins. I hate it when our fans get onto the players back 15/20 mins into the game

It would be good to see lots of colour brought back

Everyone bring a flag etc

Even if your flag is only 3ft , get it into the stand and waving about

Looking at the 80s videos it looked amazing !

What happens if they only sell 60% of the tickets?

Or if they don't sell 90% of tickets untill the day before kick off?

They already have SPL home games not televised and we still can't fill 90% of Ibrox.

Back to the drawing board for u :pipe:

SPL games are covered by season tickets revenue, it's doesn't matter if certain number of fans are not there. As we have already paid upfront at the start of the season. The TV revenue is also spread out as you know we broadcast outside the UK.

If we didn't sell out 90% for a Europa league game (Champion league is different as all clubs are tied in). Then black it out all over and I'm meaning from all outlets including internet streams, I'm sure fans would get the point. It's more important to support the team on the park.

I'm pretty sure if the game wasn't on TV, you'd get that 90% ticket sales.

<br />With this game being on ITV4 a channel that most people have, most will just sit in the house and watch it.<br /><br />Rangers should look into a TV lockout, until the stadium is 90% sold out for these types of games.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

i actually dnt think the clubs have a say in who televises the europa league matches, as tv stations pay to screen 1 or 2 matches per matchday and then get to select whatever they think is most appealing to them.

i believe the tv money is dished out equally between all clubs, and the amount u recieve is dependent on how far u make it in the comp.

It would be good to see lots of colour brought back

Everyone bring a flag etc

Even if your flag is only 3ft , get it into the stand and waving about

Looking at the 80s videos it looked amazing !

Completely agree, far more fans need to actively support the team! Especially on nights like tomorrow against opposition like PSV when the fans being in full voice and colour can have a real impact on the teams performance on the pitch.

I'd love to see a lot more flags and banners too. Shame they're almost exclusively isolated to TBO & UB sections. I've always found those videos amazing, too. Would love to see this at the cup final as well. We've seen a thread urging bears to take their RSC banner along but everyone should try to bring along a flag as well, whether it's red, white and blue, orange, king billy, ulster, union, scotland, just bring it. We need to do ourselves justice in the stands. Last cup final we were outsang by those fenian bastards just like at Ibrox on Jan 2nd. Not this time!

<br /><br /><br />

i actually dnt think the clubs have a say in who televises the europa league matches, as tv stations pay to screen 1 or 2 matches per matchday and then get to select whatever they think is most appealing to them.

i believe the tv money is dished out equally between all clubs, and the amount u recieve is dependent on how far u make it in the comp.

Think the clubs do have a say on if they want a game broadcasted live in this competition, if they feel their overall revenue is being effected on matchdays.

SPL games are covered by season tickets revenue, it's doesn't matter if certain number of fans are not there. As we have already paid upfront at the start of the season. The TV revenue is also spread out as you know we broadcast outside the UK.

If we didn't sell out 90% for a Europa league game (Champion league is different as all clubs are tied in). Then black it out all over and I'm meaning from all outlets including internet streams, I'm sure fans would get the point. It's more important to support the team on the park.

I'm pretty sure if the game wasn't on TV, you'd get that 90% ticket sales.

i can see your point about blackout all outlets to gain a better crowd mate,but what about the bears all over the world ie australlia,america etc? They would miss out if they wanted to see the game live over the net,wouldn't really be fair on them

nearly sure clubs negotiate their own deals in the europa league,this was definately the case in the uefa cup , can remember it mentioned that drawing a german side was good financially as they paid most for tv rights

i can see your point about blackout all outlets to gain a better crowd mate,but what about the bears all over the world ie australlia,america etc? They would miss out if they wanted to see the game live over the net,wouldn't really be fair on them

Something needs to be done though, one way round it would be a PPV system for a these types of games.

<br />Think the clubs do have a say on if they want a game broadcasted live in this competition, if they feel their overall revenue is being effected on matchdays.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

since it changed to the europa lge, they have a similar deal to the champs lge 1. all tv broadcasting rights are held by uefa and the tv money gets given out in a game by game amount. so the futher you get the more you will recieve.

<br /><br /><br />

since it changed to the europa lge, they have a similar deal to the champs lge 1. all tv broadcasting rights are held by uefa and the tv money gets given out in a game by game amount. so the futher you get the more you will recieve.

I'm sure that is UEFA match bonuses, TV rights are discussed for each game with independent broadcasters like ITV4, Channel 5 or ESPN for Europa league. I'm sure this was part of the reformatting of this competition as clubs were complaining about the lack of say and revenue.

Home teams have a say if they want a game broadcasted live. We have had blackouts before away from home.

Something needs to be done though, one way round it would be a PPV system for a these types of games.

They could have a blackout & just run the game through the rangers website & say £10 a head. That way the club is still making a profit

The streams are so easily accessed now

It's no coincidence that when the Internet streams have been shown , the attendance figures have dropped significantly for most big teams

Especially in the last 3 yrs