Following on from 8 March summit - an update on RangersMedia's stance

J_RFC87

Due to the Summit of 8 March 2011 involving the SFA, police, Scottish Government and Old Firm representatives; RangersMedia (“RM”) has no option but to obey these rules. Please understand our new measures are for the protection of Rangers fans.

For clarification, and for the avoidance of doubt, RM are not liable for any member’s posts and you are personally liable for your comments.

• No threats to anyone pertinent to Celtic FC, as interpreted by the law
  • Sectarianism will not be allowed, as interpreted by the law

As you are aware, the police will be monitoring RM and it is your responsibility to remain on the correct side of the law.

The moderating team do not have the financial support to moderate every single post due to the size of RM. We receive no assistance from the Scottish Government or any of its public bodies. We have received no official correspondence from any of these public bodies and are left to our own definitions of the Summit’s conclusions.

Any sectarian abuse from Celtic fans on RM will now result in a database being kept of their details (IP address, email address etc) and will be forwarded to the police when we deem necessary. These details will have been attained legally as every person signs up to RM on their own choice. We urge Rangers fans not to sign up to Celtic forums.

Please post responsibly.

Regards

RangersMedia team.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think it's time for a private members only section of RM, in order to maintain freedom of speech without fear of prosecution!

Agreed and think most will also agree. Can Admin please go about and getting this sorted please?

To be honest i think there is more racism on this site than actual sectarianism but fair enough.

Anyone who feels the need to write ftp ect after there posts add nothing to the board anyway and wouldn't be missed.

:ohmy: :ohmy:

Neee Naw Nee Naw.

So does this work the other way ?

If posters on kerryfail st or talkceltic continue to spout their bile , will the police be looking into this ?

Somehow I feel we are being the " accused " once again

So does this work the other way ?

If posters on kerryfail st or talkceltic continue to spout their bile , will the police be looking into this ?

Somehow I feel we are being the " accused " once again