Following on from 8 March summit - an update on RangersMedia's stance

J_RFC87

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It now seems to be a crime to be a Protestant Rangers fan.

I tried replying to this post ( twice ) but my computer says NO, try once more. I may risk being sent to the BarL :rolleyes: If the polis/Scottish Gov want to censor fan sites they'd better have a pool of cash larger than a certain Mr W Gates. Freedom of speech is enshrined in his government's constitution but not in our backward nation. Now I'm a freedom loving Prod and I'll show my arse in defiance of any attempt to censor what I want the Bears to hear!!!

Awrite shagger

Was wondering when you'd pipe up wae the old classics

(tu)

Pretty soon we'll be sieg heilling, jackboot wearing, goose stepping, funny mustache loving bunch of Nazi's.

I tried replying to this post ( twice ) but my computer says NO, try once more. I may risk being sent to the BarL :rolleyes: If the polis/Scottish Gov want to censor fan sites they'd better have a pool of cash larger than a certain Mr W Gates. Freedom of speech is enshrined in his government's constitution but not in our backward nation. Now I'm a freedom loving Prod and I'll show my arse in defiance of any attempt to censor what I want the Bears to hear!!!

Good man and we need to fight back against all our enemies. (tu)

I want to make a few points.

Firstly, I want to stress the most important line in the whole statement.

We at RangersMedia do not want to see Bears potentially prosecuted for what is said on here. We want to be here to allow Rangers fans to discuss the club we all love without any problems. We do not want the police knocking on someone's door because of a throw-away line in the heat of the moment. We are reinforcing our stance to you in order to ensure Rangers fans are protected. Futher, we know that Celtic fans come on here and spout bigoted and pro-terrorist bile. As we also stressed, we will be taking note of anyone who comes on here posts such things. We are looking out for Rangers fans here. We are in now way attacking Protestantism or Protestant Rangers fans.

This is not about restricting what you say. There will not be sweeping changes in our moderation and we will not be restricting freedom of speech (the very suggestion of that is ridiculous). As has been mentioned in this thread, the definition of sectarianism is confusing and, indeed, contested. The moderation team will be using their discretion and we understand how contentious the issue is. If you feel you have had a post unfairly remove, PM a moderator and discuss it with them. Again, this will not lead to sweeping changes in moderation and we are not restricting freedom of speech.

As for what is said on celtic forums, that is not our responsiblity and we can only hope that whatever actions the authorities take are fair. We have not been contacted by anyone from the government or the police so we do not know anymore than you about what is action the authorities plan to take, but we are eager to avoid our members finding themselves in trouble.

If you have any questions about what I've said, feel free to PM me rather than post in here; I am working a lot for the next week and it is unlikely I'll be checking this thread to reply to any questions, but I will reply to any PMs as soon as I can (tu)

I'd like to make clear that my frustration is not directed at the RM mods/admin etc, but at those who have been 'elected' to make our decisions for us, and that I agree whole-heartedly with RM's appeal to ensure those who run the website are not prosecuted for any one user's comments. i.e. imagine if some (T)imposter was posting nonsense and the whole website was shut down because of it?!?!

Correct me if I'm wrong admins, but aren't your servers for this in Canada and therefore not subject to so called Scottish 'law'.

Also, the thing that really pisses me off about this the most is that you are leaving judging sectarianism to moderator discretion, which is quite frankly a huge can of worms in itself. If I was to say post something that I did not think was sectarian, but which a moderator did, my details would be logged and presented to the police and the post would be deleted. What would even be the point in continuing to post with the threat of prosecution for hatred of a rival club?

If there is even the remote possibility of prosecution for misconstrued remarks, then I for one will not be risking posting, considering my need for a clean record for the jobs I have applied for.

I am absolutely fucking stunned at the stupidity and sheer ineptitude of whoever in the Scottish Police force came up with this idea. (Probably my fucking stupid taigh Cousin who is very very high up in the top echelon of the Plods)

I'm also flabbergasted that a game of football can cause more furore and government reaction than all the social problems that taint the country of my birth.

It is my opinion that Neil Lennon is a wee fucking scrote...Not because he is a Catholic (because more than half my family are Catholics)...Nor because he is the manager of Celtic FC or played for Celtic FC (I have many friends who played for them).

No! the reason that in my opinion Neil Lennon is a fucking wee scrote, is because HE IS

and nobody will deny me my opinion, whether in their eyes I'm right or wrong.

Here's a wee suggestion to the polis and the politicians of every persuasion in Scotland,from somebody that can see the situation from a distance.

Instead of "Inventing" a crisis where it has become a crime to have a football match with a bit of atmosphere that includes banter that has been going on for over a Century between opposing supporters, why don't you try this for the betterment of the Country......

Get off your fucking arses and earn your pay for the job you were given or elected for.

Get the alcohol and drug problems attended to...Get the criminals locked up...Get people off the dole...Get the fuckin roads fixed...Get the old pensioners a better deal after paying their taxes during a lifetime of honest toil...

In short! Get the fucking wee Country of Scotland back to a land that was lauded throughout the world for its deeds, work ethic and ingenuity, instead of what it has become now!

A fucking laughing stock!

Fuckin imbeciles. :angry:

Well said Oz (tu)

It's us the taxpayer's paying for this complete waste of time! Like you say,concentrate on the rising knife crime & violence at the weekends where innocent people are losing their life to the daftys on our streets!

Makes perfect sense to me, but then again, Politicians and sense aren't normally two words you would put in one sentence most times.

I am absolutely fucking stunned at the stupidity and sheer ineptitude of whoever in the Scottish Police force came up with this idea. (Probably my fucking stupid taigh Cousin who is very very high up in the top echelon of the Plods)

I'm also flabbergasted that a game of football can cause more furore and government reaction than all the social problems that taint the country of my birth.

It is my opinion that Neil Lennon is a wee fucking scrote...Not because he is a Catholic (because more than half my family are Catholics)...Nor because he is the manager of Celtic FC or played for Celtic FC (I have many friends who played for them).

No! the reason that in my opinion Neil Lennon is a fucking wee scrote, is because HE IS

and nobody will deny me my opinion, whether in their eyes I'm right or wrong.

Here's a wee suggestion to the polis and the politicians of every persuasion in Scotland,from somebody that can see the the situation from a distance.

Instead of "Inventing" a crisis where it has become a crime to have a football match with a bit of atmosphere that includes banter that has been going on for over a Century between opposing supporters, why don't you try this for the betterment of the Country......

Get off your fucking arses and earn your pay for the job you were given or elected for.

Get the alcohol and drug problems attended to...Get the criminals locked up...Get people off the dole...Get the fuckin roads fixed...Get the old pensioners a better deal after paying their taxes during a lifetime of honest toil...

In short! Get the fucking wee Country of Scotland back to a land that was lauded throughout the world for its deeds, work ethic and ingenuity, instead of what it has become now!

A fucking laughing stock!

Fuckin imbeciles. :angry:

Right on the nuts (tu) ... the lot of them are true hypocrites, jumping on any bandwagon for the almighty attention and vote.

I'm sure some of these politicians (and other high profile arseholes) started out their careers with good intentions, but let them fall by the wayside on the way up.

In my earlier days in construction over here in the states, a number of union leaders and workers,asked me to run in elections for various positions (real cushy numbers over here). I always refused, telling them that I wanted my values and beliefs to belong to me, and not what others forced them to be to keep me popular, and in office. IMO (by what I read), this is what has happened to a lot of this crowd in Scotland, and right now it seems the most popular bandwagon is these poor downtrodden taigs, how it came about ? I have been away too long to know, but it seems like what I call "reverse discrimination" over here, you can fire me (and any other "straight" white guy) no problem, but just dare try firing a black or gay guy and you better have your lawyer on speed dial.

May seem as if I've went way off topic, but when I read what's going on with bheggars FC, there are plenty similarities.

They have TLRB down as their Martin Luther King, only difference is the real Martin Luther King had something whine about.

Right on the nuts (tu) ... the lot of them are true hypocrites, jumping on any bandwagon for the almighty attention and vote.

I'm sure some of these politicians (and other high profile arseholes) started out their careers with good intentions, but let them fall by the wayside on the way up.

In my earlier days in construction over here in the states, a number of union leaders and workers,asked me to run in elections for various positions (real cushy numbers over here). I always refused, telling them that I wanted my values and beliefs to belong to me, and not what others forced them to be to keep me popular, and in office. IMO (by what I read), this is what has happened to a lot of this crowd in Scotland, and right now it seems the most popular bandwagon is these poor downtrodden taigs, how it came about ? I have been away too long to know, but it seems like what I call "reverse discrimination" over here, you can fire me (and any other "straight" white guy) no problem, but just dare try firing a black or gay guy and you better have your lawyer on speed dial.

May seem as if I've went way off topic, but when I read what's going on with bheggars FC, there are plenty similarities.

They have TLRB down as their Martin Luther King, only difference is the real Martin Luther King had something whine about.

Very same thing happens here mate! Dare make a statement about all the illegal boat people who flood the country. or the untold amounts of "disadvantaged groups" and you are called a fuckin racist.

We have people who come here from other countries for a better life and then try to turn the joint into a mirror image of what they left.

But back to topic...This shit the polis and the Government are pulling is a fuckin farce, and being fuelled by that moronic fuckin filth across the city.( In my opinion, of course!)

Due to the Summit of 8 March 2011 involving the SFA, police, Scottish Government and Old Firm representatives; RangersMedia (“RM”) has no option but to obey these rules. Please understand our new measures are for the protection of Rangers fans.

For clarification, and for the avoidance of doubt, RM are not liable for any member’s posts and you are personally liable for your comments.

• No threats to anyone pertinent to Celtic FC, as interpreted by the law
  • Sectarianism will not be allowed, as interpreted by the law

As you are aware, the police will be monitoring RM and it is your responsibility to remain on the correct side of the law.

The moderating team do not have the financial support to moderate every single post due to the size of RM. We receive no assistance from the Scottish Government or any of its public bodies. We have received no official correspondence from any of these public bodies and are left to our own definitions of the Summit’s conclusions.

Any sectarian abuse from Celtic fans on RM will now result in a database being kept of their details (IP address, email address etc) and will be forwarded to the police when we deem necessary. These details will have been attained legally as every person signs up to RM on their own choice. We urge Rangers fans not to sign up to Celtic forums.

Please post responsibly.

Regards

RangersMedia team.

I dont have any problem with this you do what's right to keep the forum running.

As Badger said above, I don't think much will change. I was surprised the police decided to take on the internet. Even Pat Nevin came out on the BBC News and said that wasn't the issue; the root of the problem lies in separate schools.

To sum up the first post; it looks like we're being monitored and you are responsible for your own posts. We don't have the resources to monitor every post.

Elitist 500+ post clubs have never been considered and won't be.

If I was to say post something that I did not think was sectarian, but which a moderator did, my details would be logged and presented to the police and the post would be deleted. What would even be the point in continuing to post with the threat of prosecution for hatred of a rival club?

I don't think they are going to log our details if we post something they think is sectarian, I understood it to be only the scum fans that come on and say anything sectarian will be logged, I might have got it wrong though

I don't think they are going to log our details if we post something they think is sectarian, I understood it to be only the scum fans that come on and say anything sectarian will be logged, I might have got it wrong though

(tu)

We're not logging Rangers' fans details.

CG - The original post never said anything about logging Rangers fans details or reporting them to the police.

(tu)

We're not logging Rangers' fans details.

CG - The original post never said anything about logging Rangers fans details or reporting them to the police.

Apologies Jadams, I misread Kevs earlier post in my morning haze.

Guest therabbitt

Private members section is not going to happen. It's not like we could not show them what it contained if they asked us to see it is it?

We just need to be more sensible, that's all.

Due to the Summit of 8 March 2011 involving the SFA, police, Scottish Government and Old Firm representatives; RangersMedia (“RM”) has no option but to obey these rules. Please understand our new measures are for the protection of Rangers fans.

For clarification, and for the avoidance of doubt, RM are not liable for any member’s posts and you are personally liable for your comments.

• No threats to anyone pertinent to Celtic FC, as interpreted by the law
  • Sectarianism will not be allowed, as interpreted by the law

As you are aware, the police will be monitoring RM and it is your responsibility to remain on the correct side of the law.

The moderating team do not have the financial support to moderate every single post due to the size of RM. We receive no assistance from the Scottish Government or any of its public bodies. We have received no official correspondence from any of these public bodies and are left to our own definitions of the Summit’s conclusions.

Any sectarian abuse from Celtic fans on RM will now result in a database being kept of their details (IP address, email address etc) and will be forwarded to the police when we deem necessary. These details will have been attained legally as every person signs up to RM on their own choice. We urge Rangers fans not to sign up to Celtic forums.

Please post responsibly.

Regards

RangersMedia team.

Fantastic post mate, but I'm just curious what the bit in bold means? is that up for interpritation to an extent? for example fenian means rebel warrior from the south of Ireland yet to our enemies it means a Catholic slur.