McGregors away (Possibly)

Emergency loans can be taken out at any time between Friday 8 February and 5pm on March 27, 2008 and can only be used by Football League clubs loaning players in from other clubs in England, including those from the Premier League. International switches are not allowed including Scotland and Ireland.

Players can be signed for a maximum period of 93 days on such loans.

Players on emergency loan can be recalled by their own clubs after 28 days have expired, but not before.

Only five loan players (whether standard or emergency) can be named on the team sheet for any one game and no more than four players can be loaned from one club to another in any one season.

Emergency loan signings can be made up to three hours before a league game.

Thank you for ending this nonsense

Just to highlight that once again, from Premier League rules:

International switches are not allowed including Scotland and Ireland

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SandyWATP

It's not just Wenger. How he's not away with his price tag amazes me. Only thing I can think of is all these managers turning there nose up at the SPL. McGregor is twice the GK De Gea is but somehow worth 4 times less.

De Gea is a better keeper then McGregor, and is only 20.

But I agree that it is surprising nobody has bought him yet.

Emergency loans can be taken out at any time between Friday 8 February and 5pm on March 27, 2008 (adjust year as required) and can only be used by Football League clubs loaning players in from other clubs in England, including those from the Premier League. International switches are not allowed including Scotland and Ireland.

Players can be signed for a maximum period of 93 days on such loans.

Players on emergency loan can be recalled by their own clubs after 28 days have expired, but not before.

Only five loan players (whether standard or emergency) can be named on the team sheet for any one game and no more than four players can be loaned from one club to another in any one season.

Emergency loan signings can be made up to three hours before a league game.

I asked for clear evidence of PREMIERSHIP rules not THE CHAMPIONSHIP

The bit you have in bold clearly means that it's only allowed between 2 English clubs

Also, if you look at the history of these emergency goalkeeper loans; every single one of them has saw the club sign a goalkeeper from another EPL club. Liverpool signed Paul Jones from Southampton during an injury crisis in 2004. Do you really think they would've signed him if they could've taken their pick from every goalkeeper in Europe? Same with Manchester City and Marton Fulop last season.

exactly.

he wasnt in london

hes going nowher before the end of the season.

durant never said he was.

this whole thing is pish. that someone has attached a creditable name to.

I asked for clear evidence of PREMIERSHIP rules not THE CHAMPIONSHIP

6. Subject to the conditions set out below, a Temporary Transfer shall be permitted:

6.1 between Clubs; and

6.2 between a Club and a club in membership of the Football League, the Football

Conference, the Northern Premier League, the Isthmian League and the Southern

League

"between clubs" = between 2 Premiership clubs

"between a club and a club in membership of...." = between a Premiership club and a club from another English league

Every keeper has their off days

Jamie

I like Alan McGregor and hope that we can keep him.

I was merely pointing out that in my opinion he is not world class despite what others may think and that if he was to leave it would not be the end of the world.

Although normally a great shot stopper I don't think he commands his area with any great authority and is suspect under high balls at which he has a tendency to flap at times.

I appreciate that everyone can have their off days but unfortunately those two occasions I mentioned were pretty big days to have them.

Just an observation.

De Gea is a better keeper then McGregor, and is only 20.

But I agree that it is surprising nobody has bought him yet.

Not saying De Gea is crap, been looking at him since he was 4th choice, but the amount of times McGregor has saved us from embarrassment in the biggest club competition in the world merits him the world-class tag imo. Really hope he stays, but 5mil or even a loan is nothing but a disgrace and the club shouldn't even entertain these sort of offers, debt or not.

not read the whole thing but was just thinking if i was allan, id be going to arsenal this summer. double his salary for 10 years at the top of english football, Champions League football guaranteed.

They have to be interested in him first

For all this incessant internet forum talk about him leaving, we've only ever received one formal offer for him and it was from Tottenham in January 2010 about a possible 6 month loan deal which we rejected out of hand (confirmed by Redknapp)

They have to be interested in him first

For all this incessant internet forum talk about him leaving, we've only ever received one formal offer for him and it was from Tottenham in January 2010 about a possible 6 month loan deal which we rejected out of hand.

they've had him watched, i thought i had read?

how could arsene not want him? he despises spending money, get allan for 8 million on 40k a week, he's got a bargain!

they've had him watched, i thought i had read?

how could arsene not want him? he despises spending money, get allan for 8 million on 40k a week, he's got a bargain!

they have had scouts at rangers games certainly.

i think they are after davie weir. cheep and better than all there center halfs.

they have had scouts at rangers games certainly.

i think they are after davie weir. cheep and better than all there center halfs.

:lol:

my mate is a goon and he said the same thing after i battered him 1-0 on fifa earlier, Sir Davie beasted van persie all game :uk: