Another attack on Rangers

spangles

Another day another attack on the club and its supporters, rather than speculating about an increasingly unlikely takeover, we should be looking for the present incumbents at Ibrox to defend the club and supporters from this constant vilification.

On a day when speculation about the JJB deal is rife, if this level of attack on the club is maintained, attack that is meekly accepted, no marketing man in their right mind would venture a punt on taking over the JJB deal. Time for Bain and his board to defend the club and us.

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/top-stories/Interview-Stewart-Regan-SFA-Chief.6741094.jp

Another day another attack on the club and its supporters, rather than speculating about an increasingly unlikely takeover, we should be looking for the present incumbents at Ibrox to defend the club and supporters from this constant vilification.

On a day when speculation about the JJB deal is rife, if this level of attack on the club is maintained, attack that is meekly accepted, no marketing man in their right mind would venture a punt on taking over the JJB deal. Time for Bain and his board to defend the club and us.

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/top-stories/Interview-Stewart-Regan-SFA-Chief.6741094.jp

Regan is a prick and it will never happen as Sky would not allow it.

Prick or otherwise he is firmly in the taig camp, the forces of rome sense and see our clubs so called leaders weakness, they are driving that weakness home at every oportunity, doing nothing is not an option. If the club's executive cannot see that, we will continue to be marginalized and portrayed as pariahs in our own country.

Very simple answer to this, it's like everything else. "If you dont like it, dont go to the game" If I dont want to watch River City, I pick up the zapper and turn it over.

As long as "Followers" of both teams pay money to see them, this will happen. Banning the match or closed doors will see MORE VIOLENCE on our streets. But in my opinion, the media should just shut up. Report on news worthy stuff. Report positive stories and stop peddling the same old pish day after day after day. The cup final was 7 days ago ffs.

Lazy, one sided, self opinionated, trash journalism, every paper, every channel,every radio station. Do we get anyhing else??

If Martin Bain stands up against this I will streak across Ibrox on Saturday.

I dont think what is happening to our club regarding 'attacks on our support' will put off any potential investment with our 'brand'. Money grabbers will always be money grabbers. If theres a potential to make money out of selling our stock, there will always be someone willing to put up a few quid.

Won't happen. Speaking out his arse.

The bigots in the Rangers support were out in force, polluting the place with a volume of chanting that was louder than we have heard in years.

One thing I've noticed is that no section of the media is daring enough to actually mention which songs are deemed sectarian. They're too scared to be left with egg on their face.

I had someone telling me that Derry's Walls was bigoted not so long ago. Upon asking them to explain how, they got angry and asked me how they were supposed to know the words. Certain journalists spot an opportunity for the recurring 'Bigoted fans' story and attack the support without even researching into what songs are supposedly offensive and which ones are completely over-exaggerated.

The Famine Song is a prime example of this.

This is a difficult problem for outsiders to comprehend. There will be no answer until the matter is treated evenhandedly. Only if it is clear that both sides are treated equally - and that is abundantly clear - will there be any chance of a solution. Until that happens they are whistling in the dark.

Their traditional defence is that the other lot were at it, too.

This is a claim that is usually followed by something like "You never write about them, do you?" which turns into "It's all the media's fault" before moving speedily into the realms of victimisation and self-righteousness, an entrenched position from where they will not shift.

Perfectly put,

Dear Sir

The article by Tom English, supposedly an interview with Stewart Regan CEO of the SFA and how he

was going to tackle sectarianism in Scottish football.

I was looking forward to reading his ideas on how he/they were going to tackle this issue. Instead this

very quickly, in the second paragraph, turned into another attack by the media on Rangers football fans.

Stewart Regan apparantly was not Hampden for this match and reportedly states that he would not

recognise the sectarian chants alluded to by your reporter, neither would the majority of non scots

watching the match, in fact probably a lot of scots would be pushed to identify these songs.

Equally the "Political" songs sung by the hardline Celtic fans supporting the IRA an outlawed terrorist

organisation, guilty of murdering thousands of british citizens both on the mainland and elsewhere, would

not be recognised by a majority of people. Yet they are sung at every Old Firm game and were very

prominent at the previous old firm fixture at Celtic Park but nothing is mentioned by the "unbiased Scottish

media" Mr English would have us believe exists.

Mr English accuses Rangers fans of "self righteous victimisation" with regard to media reporting. Although

he does mention the fact that Celtic too have their naughty boy element who sing of the IRA but were

drowned out by the blue ends sectarian songs.

Stewart Regan says where do you draw the line between sectarian and political as they are both wrong

and antagonistic and is not sure where to start.

But back comes Mr English with " some would say he has no chance with the old firm" but instead of

leaving it there he has to stick the knife in again, "or Rangers, to name the chief culprits in this affair'.

It appears from the little we have of Stewart Regans remarks we have in this article that he seems

genuine in his attempts to rid Scottish football of this cancer. I wish him the best of British pal, because as

long as we have the unbiased Scottish media using their position to continually put the spotlight on one

side of the problem and thereby antagonising Rangers fans, this is merely fanning the flames of the

problem to gain headlines.

Regards

Alan Stewart

My reply to him :beer1:

There's more chance of me buying Rangers than that baldy permatanned waste of spunk defending anything to do with us mate. It's no going to happen. I know it, you know it, the media and the taigs and every other cunt on the planet knows it. Thats why they do it. They've got a free reign to do and say what they like about us knowing they'll never be challenged. It's a dignified silence that will eventually beat them don't you know.

The byline on the story tells it all (tom the bheggar english) another tramp cellic sycophant with a keyboard and an agenda. It's another nothing story from the great unwashed book of spin ! :sherlock:

That cunt is as bad as the Odious Creep. As soon as I see an article with him as the "journalist" it's goodnight Vienna as far as reading it goes. Fuckin :wanker: of a man.

i can tell the :wanker: journalist that the billy boys is not deemed sectarian as when i was lifted singing it after we fucked the tarriers 1-0 k thomson in partick. the 2 polis said i was getting charged with breach of the peace but not sectarian breach of the peace as the billy boys is not on their list of sectarian songs.so they can all fuck off :crabflute: what about the scum singing to die an orange bastard ah thats just the craic :wanker:,s the lot of them.

Of course, there is no shortage of equivalents among the Celtic fans but, at the League Cup final, the sweep of the sectarian chanting coming from the blue end drowned out the moronic element in green who sing of the IRA.

So because they were out sung its ok for them to sing about the IRA.

There we go boys, we can still sing TBB, Famine song, and no pope of Rome. We just need to sing it QUIETLY!

That cunt is as bad as the Odious Creep. As soon as I see an article with him as the "journalist" it's goodnight Vienna as far as reading it goes. Fuckin :wanker: of a man.

Good we are singing from the same hymn sheet as far as this rheptile is concerned, he's just another failed priest planted in the mhedia. ! ;)

Good we are singing from the same hymn sheet as far as this rheptile is concerned, he's just another failed priest planted in the mhedia. ! ;)

Now I haven't been back in Glasgow for eleven years,but when I do go back,I normally buy every paper in the newsagents to read about football (My pre-computer owning days) but what I've read on the internet,Scottish papers have gone doon the stank these days with them hammering our club and supporters at every turn, so here's a question for you...Are there ANY newspapers over there that give a balanced view?

From the article:

Of course, there is no shortage of equivalents among the Celtic fans but, at the League Cup final, the sweep of the sectarian chanting coming from the blue end drowned out the moronic element in green who sing of the IRA.

A little later:

Regan's determination to try to address the bigoted chanting is admirable. Whether he can or not is debatable.

Some would say he has no chance, that the Old Firm - or Rangers, to name the chief culprits in this particular affair - are too big and too powerful and that, when it comes down to it, there will never be severe action taken against them for the bigoted songs of their supporters.

Well. A top journalist delivering top journalism - what else could it be?

After all, who else would not conclude that we are ‘the chief culprits’ because we are louder. English is entitled to his opinion as I am to mine - that his article is laughably inept. What a pathetic argument he offers.

But, he who laughs last, laughs longest and with Scotland on Sunday’s year on year circulation collapsing (−6.03% Feb 2010 - Feb 2011) it shouldn’t be too long before we can laugh very loudly indeed.

Speaking as someone who has had to endure Murray's dignified silence for more than 20 yars I can hardly imagine what it would be like to have someone at the top of our club who is not prepared to give the mhedia an inch. Needless to say though I hope it happens because it's LONG overdue

Speaking as someone who has had to endure Murray's dignified silence for more than 20 yars I can hardly imagine what it would be like to have someone at the top of our club who is not prepared to give the mhedia an inch. Needless to say though I hope it happens because it's LONG overdue

Maybe we'll get our wish soon, hate to use this but heard a rumour, nay a soft whisper the tax issue is over with ! ;):sherlock: